Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Quick tip for all of you who also hate WhatsApp but feel like you can't live without it. I installed this app, Hike, and so far it works extremely nice. Faster, cleaner, and the most important: secure.

They're still young, global rollout is happening in phases but should be available in most countries within the next few days.

Site: hike - fun, free messaging for life

Hope I have finally found a WhatsApp killer. It now depends on spreading the word :-)

I'm not receiving an SMS with the pin to register. I tried the 'call me' option but the pin they gave me doesn't work.

Quote Originally Posted by luizmeme View Post
    I'm not receiving an SMS with the pin to register. I tried the 'call me' option but the pin they gave me doesn't work.
    Well I installed on 2 German phones yesterday, and now on a English number. All works fine for me.

Maybe you should try again?

Yes I have installed on my Lumia 800 In India.

It seems good alternative.

So this is good only for hike to hike communication ?

all my friends are there on whatsapp, i swore never to downlaod that dreaded app.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    I tested Hike, but it did fail at updating my contacts. Deleted it the other day. Don't have too many problems with WhatsApp.
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)