Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Hi, all. I've been looking for a good fuel/MPG tracking app for WP7.5. The one feature I'm looking for, in particular, is the ability to import and export data easily. I'm a recent WP convert and have a lot of historical data from my Palm handheld and webOS phone that I'd like to import. The apps I have on both of those allow export to CSV.

I don't mind doing data manipulation on the output text file to get the data into the right format for import -- that's easy enough to do. But all of the free fuel tracking apps I've tried on WP don't allow import. I'd be willing to pay for an app, but wondered if you guys have any experience before I spend a lot of time downloading different apps to try them out.

Thanks!

Global Posts
    2,574 Global Posts
    i wish Fuelly would just open up their API. They are such turds for being open with everything but not the API.

Quote Originally Posted by inteller View Post
    i wish Fuelly would just open up their API. They are such turds for being open with everything but not the API.
    Seconded.
    you can try BizCars

Here is a review:
    Biz Cars helps you Record Trips and Fuel (Windows Phone)

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rastislav.maskal View Post
    you can try BizCars

Here is a review:
    Biz Cars helps you Record Trips and Fuel (Windows Phone)
    The review looks pretty good. I'll definitely try that one out. Thanks!

Let us know what you think about it. I may be interested in picking this up as well.
    "Bro, you know I lift cause I use a Lumia 920..."

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by fwaits View Post
    Let us know what you think about it. I may be interested in picking this up as well.
    I only tried the application for a very short time; however, it appears to only support exporting data. I could not find a way to import data. (Also, export only works with the paid version.)

So, if anyone else has a recommendation on a fuel app, I'd love to hear it! Thanks.
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    For what it's worth... I've got gas apps in line for next week's App Roundup. I will try to find a few that allow for importing/exporting data.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    You rock, George! If you can find any, I'd be really appreciative. If not ... I guess I'll have a reason to sign up as a developer. ;-)

(I love reading your articles, too. Keep up the great work!)