My experience with Nokia Drive - Beta - WP8

maxnicks

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I have a question for you Here users: what does it need a background task for? Is this required for continuing navigation under lockscreen or something like? I ask because I have too many background tasks right now and I'm looking to pare them down...
I've always had mine BLOCKED from running as a background task. I'm in a large metropolitan area 95% of the time and I have had absolutely no issues with the app while it's blocked. To block apps: SETTINGS>>APPLICATIONS>>BACKGROUND TASKS.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I have a question for you Here users: what does it need a background task for? Is this required for continuing navigation under lockscreen or something like? I ask because I have too many background tasks right now and I'm looking to pare them down...

I'm not sure what all of the supposed benefits are of having it run in the background. I have it blocked and it works fine. One thing I've noticed is that if you're using My Commute, your live tile will not update if you don't have Drive running in the background. Not a big deal, just an observation.

Fade_z

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I'm not sure what all of the supposed benefits are of having it run in the background. I have it blocked and it works fine. One thing I've noticed is that if you're using My Commute, your live tile will not update if you don't have Drive running in the background. Not a big deal, just an observation.
Where can i find my commute?

petteriusa

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
2. Is there a way to get exit numbers? On the interstate we were navigating, there were about four hundred trillion exits in a row onto the same highway. I couldn't tell the driver ahead of time which one to look for, because exits were only identified by road name.

This is my biggest issue with HERE Drive+. On those multiple exits (22A, B, C 23A) it make it very difficult to follow along. To compound the problem, if the exit is misnamed, as I've found a few times then you need to slow way down to try and follow the highlighted route. I wish there was a way from within the app to mark errors like that.

wpfan86

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Where can i find my commute?

I believe you just open Here Drive and there is an option calle My Commute on the main menu. For me, it is the tile on the second row, right hand side of the menu when I first open Drive. However, I think the setup may look a little different depending on which phone you're using.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion