Alarm that plays a podcast

togmkn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm wondering if there's an alarm app that can play a podcast when it goes off. Or, if there isn't a specific app that can do that, is there any way of accomplishing this?

My last phone was an Android phone, and even though I couldn't find an app that did that by itself, I was able to make it happen. I found a podcast downloading app that could add the podcasts to a playlist. Then, I used an alarm app that would play the newest song on that playlist. So it did what I wanted it to, and most importantly, it all happened automatically.

Does anyone know of a way to do this on WP8? I'm really loving everything about my new Lumia 920 so far, but I've gotten so used to waking up to a new podcast every morning that I think not having that ability would be a dealbreaker. :( I know there are some alarm apps that can play a song, but then I'd have to remember to change the alarm song every night. I'd really love it if it worked every day with no action from me. Any ideas?

togmkn

Nov 18, 2012
Visit site
Looks like the biggest problem is that Windows Phone doesn't let you add podcasts to a playlist. I've found an alarm app (G-Alarm) that allows you to set a playlist as your alarm, but WP doesn't let you treat podcasts like regular songs and add them to a playlist, and I haven't found any apps that can automatically add a downloaded podcast to a playlist.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos