Best RSS reader for Windows Phone 8?

cp2_4eva

Mar 19, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, so I am looking for a reader that is the more visual and accurate as possible. Like with fuse and some other ones I've found that sometimes the pictures on the headlines wont come up from the site it's grabbed from or that the picture will be a picture not even related to the article, or even further the picture is stretched beyond recognition. Any app candidates for a nice clean pictorial experience? I'm like a kid...I like pictures. Flipboard was GREAT...too bad they wont develop for WP.

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
I've come from Android, I used feedly which was an amazing RSS Feeds reader that worked flawlessly with Google Reader. I was looking for something along the same lines as that, any suggestions?

kevin2577

Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
I like NextGen and Flux (both have greader sync), those are the 2 that I keep installed on my phone after trying a lot of them. Flux is more visual but not as fast and can be a pain when trying to deal with a lot of feeds and items. I usually use Flux when I just want to browse around.

NextGen reader is my go-to. It's super fast and responsive, easily deals with all my feeds and items, and as an added bonus has a Windows 8 app for consistency and really responsive developers.

Hannes Wurst

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I read feeds with my notebook, office desktop, home pc (all Windows 8 Pro) AND windows phone 8. I sure want to use one common feed list and if I read or delete a message on one device, then the other devices should reflect that.

Currently, I use my Hosted Exchange Account to do this (I am using a different provider, but I think the same would be possible with office365.com). But: to update the feeds, there must be one Outlook instance running on any of my machines. If it runs, then I receive my RSS feeds on the Windows Phone 8 device just like regular mail in subfolders.

I want to get rid of the shabby "one Outlook must run" thing and I am looking for alternatives. Ideally, there was a web service that would update all my rss feeds (some additional pop3 accounts would be fine, too) and provide the consolidated folders to my phones. I am willing to pay for that. Or maybe there is a simpler solution that I am overlooking?

mafu6

Jun 3, 2012
Visit site
Nextgen reader has won me over as its now available through the windows store ao it runs on my Desktop, Laptop, Surface and 920.

Snowy Nokia

Jan 27, 2013
Visit site
I use dark rss reader. Not the best on UI, yet. But I love it. Addition to it, it has a windows 8 OS version, which is on my laptop. So everything is synced between my account.

moegumby

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Was using Fuse which I do like, but downloaded Nextgen and ended up paying for the app, great Rss reader.
Sent from my HTC6990LVW using Board Express

kaiush

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Weave is pretty good. Nextgen reader is also good, though I have a problem with it just not updating a lot. I notice that it will block itself from Background Tasks often. So that's annoying

I just started trying Newsspot and really like it. It is more stylized and visually pleasing then Nextgen and I like the way it's live tiles work better. I'm gonna see how reliable it's updating and stuff is for a while before buying it, but it is my favorite so far.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05