Best RSS reader for Windows Phone 8?

kaiush

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
After having played around with NewsSpot for a week or so, it is my favorite right now. The live tiles work better and it's just a more beautiful looking and reliable app then NextGen.

However, I don't think you can add to or edit your RSS feeds from within the app....so that sucks.

mcgrathpatj

Sep 24, 2012
Visit site
Nextgen reader is pretty good. I like that I can use it on Surface and WP8... at work I have windows 7... anyone know of news reader that would work on all 3? I was using Feedly on Android which was awesome as it had a great web app.

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
After having played around with NewsSpot for a week or so, it is my favorite right now. The live tiles work better and it's just a more beautiful looking and reliable app then NextGen.

However, I don't think you can add to or edit your RSS feeds from within the app....so that sucks.

Thanks! Adding and edit of feeds will definitely be in the next version of NewsSpot. Stay tuned :)

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Been looking for some good RSS feed readers but haven't been having much luck.. was wondering what everyone else is using or if anyone has any suggestions? I realize "best" is subjective of course, just looking for some options.

Nextgen, Weave, and Wonder Reader are all good choices. I have tried them all, and was basically satisfied. I finally settled on NextGen because of its simplicity. Weave and Wonder Reader try to throw tons of other feeds, etc. you when you open it up while NextGen just pulls up the feeds you want to see. For me, that is how I want the app to run. Others may differ, obviously.

So, I would recommend NextGen over others because of that reason.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
Same here. I am glad to see they are addressing this proactively, and putting out a statement which reassures their clients that they will continue to function is a good PR move. From Google's standpoint, I will be done with them the moment this goes into effect. Right now, Google reader and youtube are the only real reasons I keep a gmail account at all. If they keep taking things away, I will have little incentive to use any of their services, free or otherwise.

Igor Ludha

May 1, 2013
Visit site
hi i am searching for some rss reader, which is able to download whole articles to phone a display them offline. I have already tried next gen reader, but it can download only headlines :/ Ty for an advice :)

smallmountain

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
Time to revisit this thread with Google Reader biting the dust in one week. I'm a NextGen Reader fan, but they went to Feedly as their backend, which does not support that niche browser Internet Explorer. Internet Explorer is my browser at work and at home. So what if I want an RSS reader that has a backend that is also accessible from Internet Explorer?

Eric

Frenzytom

Aug 14, 2011
Visit site
hi i am searching for some rss reader, which is able to download whole articles to phone a display them offline. I have already tried next gen reader, but it can download only headlines :/ Ty for an advice :)

I feel the same way about Nextgen Reader. No auto sync offline use that pulls whole articles like Feed Reader is not making me want to move over. I do like Nextgen's integration with Feedly better than Feed Reader with NewsBlur, though.

FourSpotProject

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
@eric NewsSpot will support NewsBlur, which works in Internet Explorer. We're planning to submit an update of the app tomorrow. However, to be fair: feedly should work in Internet Explorer too with their latest update (haven't tried it though).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers