Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Global Posts
    12,288 Global Posts
    Been looking for some good RSS feed readers but haven't been having much luck.. was wondering what everyone else is using or if anyone has any suggestions? I realize "best" is subjective of course, just looking for some options.

I use Weave myself. :)
    Thanked by:
    vdiep 

Global Posts
    185 Global Posts
    I'll be the first to recommend Nextgen Reader on this thread. There will many more after this one. It's the best one.
    KoukiFC3S and jwinch2 like this.

I like fuse

I'm a fan of Weave.

Weave...BEFORE the latest update

Global Posts
    1,617 Global Posts
    NextGen Reader is the best I've come across, but I use Google Reader. I don't know how well it works (or even if it does) with individual RSS feeds.

*checks phone*

It looks like it does handle individual RSS feeds, and well at that. It's got a fairly sophisticated search feature for finding feeds. I can't, however, find a "subscribe by URL" option, however. So that might be an issue.

Global Posts
    586 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doomtuba View Post
    I'll be the first to recommend Nextgen Reader on this thread. There will many more after this one. It's the best one.
    Yep also the dev is very responsive to issues.
    GT: ChaddMaia
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    2,004 Global Posts
    Wonder Reader is really good as is Yomo.
    Make with the WP purchase already one time why dontcha for pete's sake. Honestly.....

Weave. Hands down.

Nextgen is the best. Feed Reader is DECENT, but I've downloaded a lot of them, messed around with them, and Nextgen is my choice. Now just to wait for a WP8 update

Another vote for nextgen reader.
    Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro1_342 using Board Express

Global Posts
    544 Global Posts
    Feed Reader

Global Posts
    209 Global Posts
    Nextgen. I use Nextgen for my normal RSS stuff that I care about. I use Weave when I run out of my normal set of feeds and just browse Weave. Either way....Nextgen is awesome and very clearly the best.
    Current Phone: Nokia Lumia 920
    Past Phones: iPhone 4, Motorola Atrix, Samsung Focus, Samsung Focus Flash, Nokia Lumia 900, Galaxy Nexus, Nexus 4

Tablet: Microsoft Surface Pro, Nexus 7

Global Posts
    12,288 Global Posts
    Thanks for all the input everyone, have to say.. I'm enjoying Nextgen atm. Seems to meet my needs but I'm gonna try some others suggested as well.
    Administrator

Global Posts
    3,700 Global Posts
    Hilarious. Just searched bing for "Best RSS Reader for Windows Phone 8" and ended up here.

Same thing.. need a good RSS reader for importing all my feeds out of Google Reader. Well, I guess I can export/import my feeds into any app, but being able to sync up to Google Reader is ideal.
    Kevin Michaluk
    Founder, EIC, CrackBerry.com
    Chief Media Officer, Mobile Nations
    Currently trying out the Lumia 920 while on my Mobile Nations World Tour waiting for BlackBerry 10.

Global Posts
    32,427 Global Posts
    PIN
    Email
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaluk View Post
    Hilarious. Just searched bing for "Best RSS Reader for Windows Phone 8" and ended up here.

Same thing.. need a good RSS reader for importing all my feeds out of Google Reader. Well, I guess I can export/import my feeds into any app, but being able to sync up to Google Reader is ideal.
    I have a WP7.5 and use Reader2Go. Marketplace shows it as being available for 7.5 and up. It syncs with Google Reader. Reader2Go | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Tried a few readers and I like Nextgen the best :-)

I'm currently torn between NewsSpot and Nextgen. Used NextGen for a while, but NewsSpot was featured on WPCentral and is really very good. Slightly buggy, but has a better interface in certain areas.

I'm new to WP, so I haven't tried a lot of them. I'm using Weave and it has 30+ feeds out of the box.

Wonder Reader is my preferred option (links to Google Reader).

I keep trying others but keep coming back to Wonder Reader.

Hey guys, so I am looking for a reader that is the more visual and accurate as possible. Like with fuse and some other ones I've found that sometimes the pictures on the headlines wont come up from the site it's grabbed from or that the picture will be a picture not even related to the article, or even further the picture is stretched beyond recognition. Any app candidates for a nice clean pictorial experience? I'm like a kid...I like pictures. Flipboard was GREAT...too bad they wont develop for WP.

Global Posts
    267 Global Posts
    I've come from Android, I used feedly which was an amazing RSS Feeds reader that worked flawlessly with Google Reader. I was looking for something along the same lines as that, any suggestions?

I use FeedWorm many many times a day

Global Posts
    235 Global Posts
    I like NextGen and Flux (both have greader sync), those are the 2 that I keep installed on my phone after trying a lot of them. Flux is more visual but not as fast and can be a pain when trying to deal with a lot of feeds and items. I usually use Flux when I just want to browse around.

NextGen reader is my go-to. It's super fast and responsive, easily deals with all my feeds and items, and as an added bonus has a Windows 8 app for consistency and really responsive developers.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast