Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By philxor
  • 2 Post By philpeeps
  • 1 Post By igoramadas

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    I'm coming over from BlackBerry and need to replace Password Wallet. What's a good alternative to it?

I use 1Password. They have a version for pretty much every OS out there and it all syncs via Dropbox, even the WP version.
    Duvi likes this.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    I use lastpass. it is cloud based and has desktop browser plugins..it is a lifesaver in this "every site needs me to login" world.
    kittengirl and cameradork like this.

I love Sky Wallet. You don't have to connect to Sky Drive, but it is one of the best password managers. I like how it asks you to set a master password and how you can organize your logins and passwords.

Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    I second 1Password.. Really love it, but, the WP app is a bit weak compared to the iOS version.. Hopefully they update it.

It's awesome on the mac/pc side as well

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Lastpass is awesome. It syncs across all your devices on their own servers. Advanced features only cost $12/year.
    I've been using it for years since my wow account got hacked because I used to have the same password everywhere.
    If you access accounts on multiple devices I really don't think you can beat lastpass.

Global Posts
    1,356 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by angelsimaren View Post
    I love Sky Wallet.
    I use this one too.

Global Posts
    2,566 Global Posts
    any password manager that stores passwords in the cloud, ripe for the hacking....is dumb.

I use Iron Wallet. I got it back when it was free, but they charge now.

The files in the cloud are encrypted. The password managers fully transfer the files and decrypt locally. they don't update files remotely. The encryption level used is impossible to decrypt without the master passphrase. As long as you use something decently long you should be fine.

I would be more worried about poorly written programs which might store data in cleartext in memory.

I don't really see the point with all these password managers. In the end it's yet another password to memorize.

I wrote a website for password tips a few years ago, www.passwordadvisor.com, and a guide on how to have a "base" password to create different passwords for each website / service without having to actually memorize all of them.

But you asked for an app, and the app is there as well. Search for "password advisor" on the store. WP8 update with improved UI is on its way.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by igoramadas View Post
    I don't really see the point with all these password managers. In the end it's yet another password to memorize.

I wrote a website for password tips a few years ago, www.passwordadvisor.com, and a guide on how to have a "base" password to create different passwords for each website / service without having to actually memorize all of them.
    There is always a website or two that will have some rule that breaks your guideline...

I just Intalled sky wallet!! Pretty good app! I came from android and I used msecure. Very similar!!

Another vote for sky wallet.

I like the fact it uses skydrive to store everything, and has a PC companion app, so i can access and update my wallet from PC or Phone. When moving from WP7 -> WP8 it took seconds to download and setup the app again, and all my passwords were pulled straight in.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Thanks for the replies everyone.

Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    Ok, I went with Sky Wallet and liking it so far.

Global Posts
    688 Global Posts
    I know you already decided on Sky Wallet but I just thought I would share for anybody else looking for one. If you use keepass on your desktop then 7Pass is the best option in my opinion. You can easily upload / download / sync your keepass database through Sky Drive with this app. It's very easy to use.

Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zokstar View Post
    I just Intalled sky wallet!! Pretty good app! I came from android and I used msecure. Very similar!!
    I also currently use mSecure and have contacted the developer, hopefully it will get ported and I'll wait a while just in case it does, otherwise I'll try to find something else I can export my passwords to that is compatible.

UPDATE! - Received the following from mSeven Support Staff today.
    Thanks for your business. We do plan on making a Windows Phone 8 version of mSecure but we do not have a timeline for this version yet. Please let us know if you have any other questions. Thanks for your time. mSeven Support Staff

Last edited by AZBrowncoat; 11-29-2012 at 06:00 PM.

Sky Wallet is a nice app but has a flaw. If you jump to another app or go to the start page it does not relock. This means you can just keep pressing the back button till you get back into skywallet and data is there for all to see. Developer should change this. Maybe add a PIN like Wallet does. Hope this get corrected soon....

Global Posts
    110 Global Posts
    I just bought eWallet Go on my 920 (I'm an mSecure user on iOS and Android) and I really like it so far. Especially because it's also available on all the other platforms and on Windows 8, which makes the developer a lot more trustworthy for me :)