Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Does anyone know of anything about Navionics releasing Lake Maps App for WP8? I truly miss that app, and might be a breaking point for me on my lumia 920.

Quote Originally Posted by dirty socks View Post
    Does anyone know of anything about Navionics releasing Lake Maps App for WP8? I truly miss that app, and might be a breaking point for me on my lumia 920.
    I don't know but I really hope that they will deliver. I was not believing my eyes when they took away the app that was done to Symbian? Unbelievable. Ready made app that worked and ka-boom, they took it away from the shop. Nokia blamed Navionics and Navionics blamed Nokia?

I just hope that that case was something to do with symbian (or whatever) and not something that Navionics won't make apps except for iOS and Android.

You could write them, they answer pretty quickly to all kind of questions. I have been too lazy to write yet.

I've wrote to them, but haven't heard back yet.

I have until Wednesday, it will be then that if I dont hear anything. I will be trading it back in for an..... iphone5. I do a lot of fishing so I need that app!

So evedently no WP8 support in near future.

Dear customer,
    Thank you for contacting Navionics Mobile.

Please be informed that there is no information suggesting that the Navionics Mobile app will be available on this platform in the near future. However, we are always looking to expand to new products and platforms, so there is a chance that this will become available in the future. Unfortunately, there is no further information on this subject at this time.

Please check our website for news concerning additional smartphones/tablets compatibility: Mobile & PC App | Navionics

Best regards,

Navionics Mobile Team
  5. A_C

Quote Originally Posted by dirty socks View Post
    I've wrote to them, but haven't heard back yet.

I have until Wednesday, it will be then that if I dont hear anything. I will be trading it back in for an..... iphone5. I do a lot of fishing so I need that app!
    If you get the iPhone 5, there's an iOS app called iNavX. You may want to check it out.

CaptDjob,

I got the same email, which is pretty saddening! I wonder why they don't have any developments in for windows mobile 8?

Could be that even if they are developing the app for wp8, they are not allowed to give any info before they know when they can release it.

I swapped the Lumia 920 for the iPhone5 yesterday, but I have an upgrade next October. If it is out by then I will get another Lumia.

Good news! Got a response through Navionics FB. Currently nothing on the table, but its under their radar!

Nice. Only need it till summer so they have about 6-7 months to deliver :)

This is the response I received on Janaury 8th.
    "At this time the Navionics Mobile app is available for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android phones. We currently do not have an app for any other platform. We are always looking to expand to additional platforms, so other platforms may be added in the future. However, we do not have any information as to if or when it will be added.
    If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.
    Navionics Mobile Team"
    I was hoping to have this for a Bahamas trip this spring, but not holding my breath. Looks like nokia maps will be my emergency backup (along with good old fashion charts) since those maps are already downloaded to my phone, allowing it to work without cellular reception.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Peltier View Post
    This is the response I received on Janaury 8th.
    "At this time the Navionics Mobile app is available for the iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, and Android phones. We currently do not have an app for any other platform. We are always looking to expand to additional platforms, so other platforms may be added in the future. However, we do not have any information as to if or when it will be added.
    If you need additional information, please do not hesitate to ask.
    Navionics Mobile Team"
    I was hoping to have this for a Bahamas trip this spring, but not holding my breath. Looks like nokia maps will be my emergency backup (along with good old fashion charts) since those maps are already downloaded to my phone, allowing it to work without cellular reception.
    Try DeepZoom nautical charts. It's based on raster charts but should be fine. I've only used it for inshore nav, but the UI is surprisingly good.

Nautical Charts | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

-E

[INDENT]Try DeepZoom nautical charts. It's based on raster charts but should be fine. I've only used it for inshore nav, but the UI is surprisingly good.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try this and think it has a lot of potential, but at this time, it doesn't have the resolution to scroll down enough for effective close-in navigation. I did email the the developer wondering if he had a higher resolution version and he said "not at this time" leading me to believe he is either working on it or thinking about working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anne Peltier View Post
    [INDENT]Try DeepZoom nautical charts. It's based on raster charts but should be fine. I've only used it for inshore nav, but the UI is surprisingly good.

Thanks for the suggestion. I did try this and think it has a lot of potential, but at this time, it doesn't have the resolution to scroll down enough for effective close-in navigation. I did email the the developer wondering if he had a higher resolution version and he said "not at this time" leading me to believe he is either working on it or thinking about working on it.
    Yeah,. I noticed that too and it is a fairly big hindrance to using it. Hopefully something will come out soon.

-E