Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

This is what they said!!!!!!! YEAHH
    ''You're definitely not the only one that has requested that Snapchat be made compatible for the Windows Phone, and we are currently taking it into consideration.

Thanks for taking the time to contact us!
    Best,
    Team Snapchat''

Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    i signed the snapchat petition and also emailed them. i also told them in the email if they needed funds they should start a kickstarter program. i'm sure the community would be willing to help back them in bringing the app to windows phone like they did VLC. also this would help them get publicity because i'm sure the blogs would pick it up.
    odoggyfresh likes this.

Hey guys, please sign this petition to get us Snapchat!!! http://chn.ge/16adcoZ

Yes i have the same problem, a lot of my friends text together with snapchat and i'm the only who who didn't have this app :(

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    Nooooo! D:

"MAR 14, 2013 | 03:52PM PDT
    Daisy replied:
    Hey _____,

At this time, Snapchat is not compatible with your device. However, we are always working on ways to improve Snapchat and plan on making it available to more devices in the near future. We appreciate all your support.

Thank you!
    Team Snapchat"

Terrible news... I emailed them today and received a very quick response. The reply was very unwelcome, but at least it doesn't completely rule out the possibility. I just wonder what they mean by "compatible." I replied to this email asking about that but no reply.

guys they already said on twitter like in early febuary that they were "gonna talk with the windows guys" about it and im pretty sure thats the app that joe belfiore has been talking about that will be released this week!

Global Posts
    426 Global Posts
    I hope you're right, but from a recent email I got from them they told me the app "is not compatible" and this was probably after the meeting.

But maybe "not compatible" just means the app is currently being developed? Because the email also said they are constantly working on ways to get their app out onto other platforms.

Quote Originally Posted by MDak280 View Post
    I hope you're right, but from a recent email I got from them they told me the app "is not compatible" and this was probably after the meeting.

But maybe "not compatible" just means the app is currently being developed? Because the email also said they are constantly working on ways to get their app out onto other platforms.

No its just like an answering mmachine on the phone, I also got an email like that
    Thanked by:

still no news from them ?
    here is their answer of my email on 27/02 :

Hey Alexandre,

At this time, Snapchat is not compatible with your windows device. However, we are always working on ways to improve Snapchat and plan on making it available to more devices in the near future! We appreciate all your support.

Thank you!
    Team Snapchat

I would love if windows would allow more apps like Snapchat. We are so limited and it is frustrating to not be able to have what Android users have. PLEEEEEAASE get the apps :)

Sign the petition at http://www.change.org/petitions/snap...indows-phone-8 , only around 300 more signatures need to be added

We also should search " Snapchat " in the store
    Developpers can see how many times people search for this keyword

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    the kind of camera access they need for their app may not be available in the SDK

May I ask why is this app so needed? What use has it got?

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    I personally would really like to have a cross-platform app to share private photos and chat that doesn't send them to the camera roll and doesn't use SMS, I don't care if its snapchat or something else.

Global Posts
    302 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jhguth View Post
    I personally would really like to have a cross-platform app to share private photos and chat that doesn't send them to the camera roll and doesn't use SMS, I don't care if its snapchat or something else.
    There is one Thing I never understood with sexting: What if she makes a screenshot of your private photo? Where is the difference then?
    Phone: Nokia Lumia 920 (unlocked)

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    I don't care about if they are saved, i just don't want them in SMS or the camera roll syncing with skydrive

Got this answer today:

Team Snapchat replied:
    Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
    Team Snapchat
    I do think it's coming soon.

Quote Originally Posted by PLenjoy View Post
    Got this answer today:

I do think it's coming soon.
    I got responses to a few of my past emails to them today as well, they must be on an email response spree

Global Posts
    597 Global Posts
    Hey guys, its an automated form letter response that doesn't say anything. It doesn't mean anything, don't read anything into it.

Yep got the same as you buddy "Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
    Team Snapchat"

Keep spamming them! Hopefully we might get them to actually say something.
    Your doing it wrong. Send an email to one of the employees not the company email. A personal response will give a much better answer.
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT

Okay, spamming them all the time. twitter and facebook.
    @berty You've got a mail adress?

If we go to the Support on their website. There is a dropdown where we can add us on a mailing list, to get notification when the app will be available for our device. Just go to Snapchat -> Support -> Technical Support -> My device is incompatible :( -> Windows Phone and add your mail adress.
    Thanked by:
    Doffen likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by PLenjoy View Post
    Just go to Snapchat -> Support -> Technical Support -> My device is incompatible :( -> Windows Phone and add your mail adress.
    People, do this!
    Thanked by:
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast