Will Snapchat come out on Windows Phone 8?

sueha

May 31, 2012
Visit site
I personally would really like to have a cross-platform app to share private photos and chat that doesn't send them to the camera roll and doesn't use SMS, I don't care if its snapchat or something else.

There is one Thing I never understood with sexting: What if she makes a screenshot of your private photo? Where is the difference then?

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
Got this answer today:

Team Snapchat replied:
Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Thank you for your continued patience and support.

Best wishes,
Team Snapchat

I do think it's coming soon.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys, its an automated form letter response that doesn't say anything. It doesn't mean anything, don't read anything into it.

Ingramator

Mar 11, 2013
Visit site
Yep got the same as you buddy "Hi there,

Thank you for your email. Although Snapchat is not currently compatible with your device, we are continuously expanding our support to new devices. We appreciate your feedback and will take it into account as we prioritize our development resources.

Best wishes,
Team Snapchat"

Keep spamming them! Hopefully we might get them to actually say something.

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Your doing it wrong. Send an email to one of the employees not the company email. A personal response will give a much better answer.

PLenjoy

Jan 13, 2013
Visit site
If we go to the Support on their website. There is a dropdown where we can add us on a mailing list, to get notification when the app will be available for our device. Just go to Snapchat -> Support -> Technical Support -> My device is incompatible :( -> Windows Phone and add your mail adress.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Hopefully we get some news sometime soon. In the meanwhile, I will send another email to the SnapChat team letting them know the market for Windows Phone is only growing and interest is not going away.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Bump. Hopefully we get some news sometime soon. In the meanwhile, I will send another email to the SnapChat team letting them know the market for Windows Phone is only growing and interest is not going away.

UPDATE: Awaiting a response from Snapchat. I wrote a lengthy email describing the community interest in Snapchat and the potential benefits of bringing the app to Windows Phone. I'll inform you all with any news I receive, if any.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
UPDATE: Awaiting a response from Snapchat. I wrote a lengthy email describing the community interest in Snapchat and the potential benefits of bringing the app to Windows Phone. I'll inform you all with any news I receive, if any.

hopefully you get more than the standard email they've sent to pretty much everyone else

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site

hopefully you get more than the standard email they've sent to pretty much everyone else

Yeah, I doubt they'll read it all... they'll probably stop after they see it has something to do with WP. But let's hope :D

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
LATEST: Here is the response I received from Snapchat:
"Hi there,

Best wishes,
Team Snapchat"

I am not certain, however, I would like to think that this is not a canned response and that they really mean what they said. I suppose there may be a better chance of more information on the future of Snapchat and other missing WP apps as Windows Phone, iOS, and Android all get OS revisions over the next couple of months.

MDak280

Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
LATEST: Here is the response I received from Snapchat:
"Hi there,

Best wishes,
Team Snapchat"

I am not certain, however, I would like to think that this is not a canned response and that they really mean what they said. I suppose there may be a better chance of more information on the future of Snapchat and other missing WP apps as Windows Phone, iOS, and Android all get OS revisions over the next couple of months.

This is the response they've been sending to everyone asking about WP. Not sure what it means for us.

driver_king

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Well guys, the development community wasn't going to sit around forever on this issue it seems: Neue Bits. The guy working on Vine? Yeah, he'll also be working on bringing Snapchat to Windows Phone as well.

PippinTook

Apr 20, 2013
Visit site
Thats the same canned us Blackberry users have been getting about SnapChat. Hopefully something comes soon it seems by the time WP/BB gets an app the fads about over :/

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb