Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    Snapchat is one of the most popular apps out there right now, sitting on third in the App Store's top Free apps. I was just getting used to the app on my Droid (Snapchat was released last month on Droids), and I got an HTC 8X which meant I could no longer have Snapchat. Being a college student (perhaps Snapchat's target market), I have a lot of friends who have the application. When I show off the phone, a lot of people love it, but all indicate that they dislike it's low selection of apps. When they ask me what apps it doesn't have, I tell them it does not have Instagram, but when I say it doesn't have Snapchat I get more of a shock (oh really?!?!) kind of reply, often followed by statements implying that they wouldn't like to switch phones if it meant leaving Snapchat.

I was just making a point on how Snapchat is such an up and coming app, one that will probably sit on the App Store as #1 in the near future. Like I said, I loved the app and I miss not having it anymore. It would be great if Snapchat came to WP8, and since they are becoming so popular, I at least hope that they are looking into the expansion of other OS's out there (cough, Windows Phone 8, cough). Anyways, my friends even joke and say that my badass 8X front-facing camera is worthless given that it can't be used for Snapchat.

Any others WP8 users that would also like Snapchat?
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    I don't know what that is, but that's probably because I am 100% MS/WP. I don't have an android or iOS device, so it's quite shocking to turn on an iPhone and see what's popular there.
    aubreyq likes this.

Shoot the developers a friendly email. I too am in your exact position... I want it so bad.

Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoabc123 View Post
    Shoot the developers a friendly email. I too am in your exact position... I want it so bad.
    What he said. The more people they know want it, the more apt they are to build it for WP.

Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    I actually did email them before even making this thread haha. I agree that the more aware they are of our desire of the app, the better our hopes are.
    However, still no replies from them.

Never heard of this app but I'll definitely welcome more apps.
    I have it on my old fashioned iPod 4th gen. (it feels like a PC from 2000 in my case compared to the Lumia 920) and it would be great to use the power of the WP camera... Even if they made a 3rd party app for it, I'd be completely okay with it. (day 5 of my WP and I'm in love)

By the way, for all you facebookers looking at this, go to this link here: https://www.facebook.com/snapchat?fref=ts and klick the drop down menu. Hit contact developers and send them a well worded message about it.

Like others have said, the more requests for the app itself, the better chance of the app coming to the WP platform.
    Last edited by Troy Scarlatelli; 01-21-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I want to add in a few more things including a link to their facebook page to give them a request for WP
    LeLee092 likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    We could get it on WP if we do as you say, send them a email. But I'd recommend we get a lot of people to do so. Or possibly start a petition on change.org
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express

support@snapchat.com -lets spam those f-ers lol
    Doffen and LeLee092 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    support@snapchat.com -lets spam those f-ers lol
    I'm in!
    odoggyfresh likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I'm in!
    Ditto. But seriously. Someone make a petition. Or ill make one ahaha.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    WV5 
    Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?

Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Bouknight View Post
    Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?
    odoggyfresh provided the email above. It's support@snapchat.com. Copy the email address, go to your preferred email client, compose a new email, paste the email address in the email box, make a subject, type your message in the message area, and then hit send.
    rockstarzzz likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Bouknight View Post
    support@snapchat.com

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Emailed.
    I already have a petition on change.org for snapchat: Here's the link:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/snap...indows-phone-8
    I started it last week and already have almost 50 people. If we let this infect these forums, that would be great, because there is a huge community here.

well I guess you could call it progress. I have been emailing snapchat from like 3 of my email accounts about once a week requesting an app, and finally got a response to one of the emails today!:

JAN 30, 2013 | 07:55AM UTC
    Original message

Austin wrote:

I would like to be able to snapchat from my windows phone. Thanks

JAN 31, 2013 | 12:32AM UTC
    Christina replied:
    Hey Austin,

We've gotten a lot of requests about this, and are considering it!
    Thank you, if there is anything else we can help you with, please ask!

Best,
    Team Snapchat
    Thanked by:

I just sent one too. It can't be a terribly tough app to develop.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.

EDIT: Jesus Christ that was a fast response:

Daniel Ratcliffe
    Subject:
    Windows Phone app [HR][/HR]JAN 31, 2013 | 02:26AM UTC
    Christina replied:
    Hey Daniel,

It would indeed be great if you could join in! We have received many requests similar to yours, and are definitely taking them into consideration.

We appreciate you taking the time to contact us!
    Best,
    Team Snapchat

[HR][/HR]JAN 31, 2013 | 02:16AM UTC
    Original message
    Daniel wrote:

Hi,

I have noticed that there is SnapChat available for iOS and Android. Problem is, I’m a Windows Phone user and would like to be able to try the app for myself. Especially as I believe quite a few of my iPhone/Android friends are already using this app, wouldn’t it be great if I could join in?

Kind regards
    Daniel Ratcliffe

Sent from Windows 8 Mail
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 04-07-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Removed contact details!

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    odoggyfresh likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    I just sent one too. It can't be a terribly tough app to develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us ) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us ) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!
    And the fact she sent a response within TEN MINUTES of me sending it speaks wonders. They are definitely looking into it.

"Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    odoggyfresh likes this.
    The only purpose this app serves is to send and receive dirty pics from your lady friends!

That being said, I want!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    aubreyq and odoggyfresh like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post

EDIT: Jesus Christ that was a fast response:
    It's because you're Daniel Ratcliffe obviously.
    Banned

Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    The only purpose this app serves is to send and receive dirty pics from your lady friends!

That being said, I want!
    all the more reasons to get it then isn't it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast