Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 81
Like Tree17Likes
  1. isi44's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
       #1  
    Snapchat is one of the most popular apps out there right now, sitting on third in the App Store's top Free apps. I was just getting used to the app on my Droid (Snapchat was released last month on Droids), and I got an HTC 8X which meant I could no longer have Snapchat. Being a college student (perhaps Snapchat's target market), I have a lot of friends who have the application. When I show off the phone, a lot of people love it, but all indicate that they dislike it's low selection of apps. When they ask me what apps it doesn't have, I tell them it does not have Instagram, but when I say it doesn't have Snapchat I get more of a shock (oh really?!?!) kind of reply, often followed by statements implying that they wouldn't like to switch phones if it meant leaving Snapchat.

    I was just making a point on how Snapchat is such an up and coming app, one that will probably sit on the App Store as #1 in the near future. Like I said, I loved the app and I miss not having it anymore. It would be great if Snapchat came to WP8, and since they are becoming so popular, I at least hope that they are looking into the expansion of other OS's out there (cough, Windows Phone 8, cough). Anyways, my friends even joke and say that my badass 8X front-facing camera is worthless given that it can't be used for Snapchat.

    Any others WP8 users that would also like Snapchat?
  2. iPwnza's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    236 Posts
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    #2  
    I don't know what that is, but that's probably because I am 100% MS/WP. I don't have an android or iOS device, so it's quite shocking to turn on an iPhone and see what's popular there.
    aubreyq likes this.
  3. stevoabc123's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    6 Posts
    #3  
    Shoot the developers a friendly email. I too am in your exact position... I want it so bad.
  4. Wyn6's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    174 Posts
    Global Posts
    175 Global Posts
    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by stevoabc123 View Post
    Shoot the developers a friendly email. I too am in your exact position... I want it so bad.
    What he said. The more people they know want it, the more apt they are to build it for WP.
  5. isi44's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    14 Posts
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
       #5  
    I actually did email them before even making this thread haha. I agree that the more aware they are of our desire of the app, the better our hopes are.
    However, still no replies from them.
  6. MacDaMachine's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    287 Posts
    #6  
    Never heard of this app but I'll definitely welcome more apps.
  7. #7  
    I have it on my old fashioned iPod 4th gen. (it feels like a PC from 2000 in my case compared to the Lumia 920) and it would be great to use the power of the WP camera... Even if they made a 3rd party app for it, I'd be completely okay with it. (day 5 of my WP and I'm in love)

    By the way, for all you facebookers looking at this, go to this link here: https://www.facebook.com/snapchat?fref=ts and klick the drop down menu. Hit contact developers and send them a well worded message about it.

    Like others have said, the more requests for the app itself, the better chance of the app coming to the WP platform.
    Last edited by Troy Scarlatelli; 01-21-2013 at 12:38 AM. Reason: I want to add in a few more things including a link to their facebook page to give them a request for WP
    LeLee092 likes this.
  8. ryker002's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #8  
    We could get it on WP if we do as you say, send them a email. But I'd recommend we get a lot of people to do so. Or possibly start a petition on change.org
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
  9. odoggyfresh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    252 Posts
    #9  
    support@snapchat.com -lets spam those f-ers lol
    Doffen and LeLee092 like this.
  10. Doffen's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    41 Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    support@snapchat.com -lets spam those f-ers lol
    I'm in!
    odoggyfresh likes this.
  11. ryker002's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    I'm in!
    Ditto. But seriously. Someone make a petition. Or ill make one ahaha.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
    Thanked by:
    WV5 
  12. #12  
    Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?
  13. willied's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    719 Posts
    Global Posts
    723 Global Posts
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Bouknight View Post
    Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?
    odoggyfresh provided the email above. It's support@snapchat.com. Copy the email address, go to your preferred email client, compose a new email, paste the email address in the email box, make a subject, type your message in the message area, and then hit send.
    rockstarzzz likes this.
  14. odoggyfresh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    252 Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by Micheal Bouknight View Post
    Im so in for having snapchat as an app. All my friends either have an android or an iPhone.And its killing me, because there always talking about snapchating each other and having there inside jokes. Im so in to the idea of a petition but how do I email a developer?
    support@snapchat.com
  15. ryker002's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    149 Posts
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    Emailed.
  16. #17  
    I already have a petition on change.org for snapchat: Here's the link:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/snap...indows-phone-8
    I started it last week and already have almost 50 people. If we let this infect these forums, that would be great, because there is a huge community here.
  17. odoggyfresh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    252 Posts
    #18  
    well I guess you could call it progress. I have been emailing snapchat from like 3 of my email accounts about once a week requesting an app, and finally got a response to one of the emails today!:


    JAN 30, 2013 | 07:55AM UTC
    Original message

    Austin wrote:

    I would like to be able to snapchat from my windows phone. Thanks

    JAN 31, 2013 | 12:32AM UTC
    Christina replied:
    Hey Austin,

    We've gotten a lot of requests about this, and are considering it!
    Thank you, if there is anything else we can help you with, please ask!

    Best,
    Team Snapchat
    Thanked by:
  18. dogfish54's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    299 Posts
    #19  
    I just sent one too. It can't be a terribly tough app to develop.
  19. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,822 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    #20  
    I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.

    EDIT: Jesus Christ that was a fast response:

    Daniel Ratcliffe
    Subject:
    Windows Phone app [HR][/HR]JAN 31, 2013 | 02:26AM UTC
    Christina replied:
    Hey Daniel,

    It would indeed be great if you could join in! We have received many requests similar to yours, and are definitely taking them into consideration.

    We appreciate you taking the time to contact us!
    Best,
    Team Snapchat

    [HR][/HR]JAN 31, 2013 | 02:16AM UTC
    Original message
    Daniel wrote:

    Hi,



    I have noticed that there is SnapChat available for iOS and Android. Problem is, I’m a Windows Phone user and would like to be able to try the app for myself. Especially as I believe quite a few of my iPhone/Android friends are already using this app, wouldn’t it be great if I could join in?



    Kind regards
    Daniel Ratcliffe

    Skype: paladinleeds

    Sent from Windows 8 Mail
    Last edited by rockstarzzz; 04-07-2013 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Removed contact details!

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    odoggyfresh likes this.
  20. odoggyfresh's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    252 Posts
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by dogfish54 View Post
    I just sent one too. It can't be a terribly tough app to develop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.
    the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us ) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

    I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!
  21. Daniel Ratcliffe's Avatar
    Retired Moderator

    Posts
    2,822 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,477 Global Posts
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    the response in my email above seems to me like a change of pace from the typical "we are looking to improve our current apps" or whatever. it 1) acknowledged that they've been hearing from a lot (and probably mostly us ) Windows Phone users. and 2) that they are "considering" it

    I wouldn't "consider" dating an ugly girl, but would give consideration to a hottie. hopefully they think along the same lines as my analogy!
    And the fact she sent a response within TEN MINUTES of me sending it speaks wonders. They are definitely looking into it.

    "Fortune cookie said: 'Outlook not so good'. I said: 'Sure, but Microsoft ships it anyway'."
    odoggyfresh likes this.
  22. #23  
    The only purpose this app serves is to send and receive dirty pics from your lady friends!

    That being said, I want!
    Phones: Nokia Lumia Icon, Nokia Lumia 928, HTC Windows Phone 8x, HTC Trophy
    PMP: Zune HD 32, Zune 80, Zune 4, Zune 30
    Tablet: Surface 2, Surface for Windows RT
    aubreyq and odoggyfresh like this.
  23. Zokudu's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    62 Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    I've blasted out an email to them too, and signed the petition.

    EDIT: Jesus Christ that was a fast response:
    It's because you're Daniel Ratcliffe obviously.
  24. ammarmalik2011's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    710 Posts
    Global Posts
    727 Global Posts
    #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by berty6294 View Post
    The only purpose this app serves is to send and receive dirty pics from your lady friends!

    That being said, I want!
    all the more reasons to get it then isn't it?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 12-08-2013, 07:46 AM
  2. Dear Skype, PLEASE let me log out of Skype on Windows Phone 8!
    By Kevin Michaluk in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 49
    Last Post: 05-05-2013, 09:45 PM
  3. Come on Windows Phone..we need more apps!
    By sniffs in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 10-14-2012, 11:09 AM

Posting Permissions