Xfinity app for Windows, how to get the ball going!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soxpranos

May 27, 2011
Visit site
I myself would love to see this app hit for Windows Phone. My buddy works for Comcasts I.T. department and has a great ideal.

If you have Comcast , this is how they work. Repeat calls are a negative aspect in their quarterly bonus and call center grading. Any call done within 7 days from its initial call is a negative and brings their rankings and stats down.

Here is where we come in , lets keep calling and ask them to do a "TCARE" ticket with "When is a Windows Phone App coming" which gets escalated on what's driving calls.

This is how many if the customers request like xfinity tv and other perks for customers are added. By demand and asking them to "TCare" it gets it in right away ad them tickets are checked daily for what is driving calls , especially repeat calls.

Soxpranos

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Calling drives their numbers , I know it takes time but call for internet issues then ask them to tcare a ticket for when the app is coming. The key is to follow up with another call within 7 days of your first call so it registers as a call back hit on them .

user1357908642

Sep 30, 2011
Visit site
Called Comcast Customer Service today at 1-800-934-6489. Follow prompts for help about Internet to get to the right spot. Eventually spoke with a rep named Mohamed at the Schaumburg IL call center. He said Comcast is actively working on an Xfinity TV App for Windows Phone right now, and that Comcast currently expects an "early 2013" release. No idea what Windows Phone OS version numbers would be supported (will the WP early adopters still on contract get hosed again?). No idea on feature support (e.g. DVR Management, Streampix...etc.) The Comcast representative opened a ticket for the Xfinity Windows Phone App issue, without any trouble at all.

By the way, there is a partial Comcast Xfinity TV App workaround for the unloved Windows Phone user base. You can use the web. Use IE on your phone. Navigate to www.comcast.net At the very top of the landing web page there is a pretty dark and hard to see menu. Select the TV button on that menu. Then, select the DVR Manager tab. Login with your Comcast account. The website wasn't the greatest experience I ever had, but at least it lets you accomplish something like managing a DVR. The DVR management feature is especially important because Comcast has this awful limitation (as of 12/2012) on the whole house DVR system I got from them. You can only delete a recorded show from the DVR itself --- meaning you need to be in front of the DVR. If you are in front of a Set Top Box somewhere else in your home (not the master DVR), you can't delete a recorded show. The iPhone app and the website will let you delete. Crazy! I chatted with Comcast about this issue, and they evidently know about it, but do not have a release date on a solution.

Hope this helps. Good thread OP. Post your experiences so we can know if or when the app is coming.

Last edited:

Soxpranos

May 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for calling, the more tickets the faster they will get this going. Again repeat calls are what will get this going , due to their metric system.

Lamar Davis

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
Well, this topic started back in December 2012. It is now July 2013. Is there a Windows Phone 8 app for Xfinity yet to watch movies on the go like an iPhone or Android phone? NO! Well, I am getting tired of waiting for more apps to come to the Windows Phone platform.

The banking apps do not work the same as the iPhone nor Android phones apps. Mainly, I cannot take a picture of a check to deposit into my bank account. I can with my iPod Touch...

There is no decent app to accept credit cards like Square with the Windows Phone.

I can trade in my Nokia Lumia 920 for almost what I paid for it and get the Samsung Note II. My wife got it and it is an awesome device.

I hate to let go my Nokia. I have been a Nokia customer for over 10 years, maybe 15 years. Wow, I just was thinking about all of the Nokia phones that I had. Well, I guess I will hold off until this weekend before I change phones. I'm just so frustrated.

Trying to hang in there Nokia Customer Long Time

Lamar Davis

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
You mist be using you iPhone or an Android phone. Just checked the B of A app, and there is no check deposit function. I can do it on my iPod Touch and with the Android, Samsung Note II.

Not the Nokia Lumia 920.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb