Lotus Notes

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!
I'm coming from a Microsoft world...what does that mean...is that something that IT needs to update to as well or is that just client software?

sandnima

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for late reply.
We are currently Beta-testing Traveler software with Windows Phone 7.5 support in our company.
It have to be installed on your Lotus server.

Some expirience so far:

Windows 8 -> tried with Samsung Ativ S and HTC WP 8S. Not working really well, syncronisation often fail, when mail is replied receiver get empty mail
Windows 7.5 -> tried with Nokia Lumia 900. Working perfectly well. BTW, it is not additional Lotus Traveler SW but using Exchange ActiveSync account which is nice as it doesn't require additional SW on device (like Android does) and it perfectly integrate into build in mail and calendar account.

Waiting for Lumia 920 to see how it work in combination Nokia/WP8.

Banner18

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!!! Not sure if our IT department will jump on ... Hopefully they will...what is required for the surface? Is it a similar setup...

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same situation, my company uses Lotus Notes and they are going to open our mobile phone policy to include iOS and Android devices sometime early next year. I hope I can get my work email on my WP8 device without too much hassle. I know that Traveler is supposed to support WP8 but if our IT group has to install a bunch of updates or patches to get it work, I could be out of luck.

It would be great to hear from other people with Notes Traveler and WP8 experiences.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I'd also like to hear about it. I have no idea how this works. Is there a traveler app or does it integrate with existing mail and calendar?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I think they have to install some specific stuff to support WP8... I did some investigation when I was trying to get traveller for Symbian to work but in the end, the domino servers needed to configured to accept it or something.

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have an update for everyone. I finally got access to the Lotus Notes Traveler system from my company. In order to configure the device we have to log into a web site with our Notes "Internet Password," those with Notes will know what I'm talking about. When I get to this web site and log in, it says my device (a Nokia Lumia 920) could not be identified. It then lets me download Lotus Notes Traveler for Android, Symbian/Series 60, Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1/6.5, or generate an Apple Profile. None of these seem to work with Windows Phone 8 so I think I'm stuck.

My company is running Lotus Notes Traveler version 8.5.3.200 and I found info saying that WP8 is supported in 8.5.4 (it's from a comment at the very bottom of the page)...
Ed Brill - Notes Traveler 8.5.2.3 - now with partial wipe! (and 8.5.3 preview)

I guess I'm out of luck unless my company upgrades to the newest version of Lotus Notes Traveler. Anyone else have luck getting this to work with WP8?

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an update for everyone. I finally got access to the Lotus Notes Traveler system from my company. In order to configure the device we have to log into a web site with our Notes "Internet Password," those with Notes will know what I'm talking about. When I get to this web site and log in, it says my device (a Nokia Lumia 920) could not be identified. It then lets me download Lotus Notes Traveler for Android, Symbian/Series 60, Windows Mobile 6.0/6.1/6.5, or generate an Apple Profile. None of these seem to work with Windows Phone 8 so I think I'm stuck.

My company is running Lotus Notes Traveler version 8.5.3.200 and I found info saying that WP8 is supported in 8.5.4 (it's from a comment at the very bottom of the page)...
Ed Brill - Notes Traveler 8.5.2.3 - now with partial wipe! (and 8.5.3 preview)

I guess I'm out of luck unless my company upgrades to the newest version of Lotus Notes Traveler. Anyone else have luck getting this to work with WP8?

I'm hoping we upgrade to R9 soon. I thought it was going to be the first version that works with WP8... With domino, you never know how the upgrades will go, so it takes a while before we feel comfortable upgrading domino... I've been pushing our domino admins to get moving so I can get email! (also pushing to move to office 365 to avoid these problems...)

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I found this from the Wikipedia article for Lotus Notes...
Two versions 8.5.4 and 9.0 were developing simultaneously in 2012, but IBM has rebranded the 8.5.4 release as a full version release 9.0 in a middle 2012. At the end of 2012 and in 2013 IBM decided to launch 8.5.4 Maintenance Release and 9.0 Social Edition as two separated products.

So it sounds like 8.5.4 and 9.0 are two separate products that might both support WP8. I'm guessing it'll be much easier for companies to upgrade to 8.5.4 then to 9.0 so I'm hoping my company does this soon.

I tested out Lotus Notes Traveler with my iPad and it works great!!! It's awesome having the native email and calendar apps work with Lotus Notes.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
I found this from the Wikipedia article for Lotus Notes...
Two versions 8.5.4 and 9.0 were developing simultaneously in 2012, but IBM has rebranded the 8.5.4 release as a full version release 9.0 in a middle 2012. At the end of 2012 and in 2013 IBM decided to launch 8.5.4 Maintenance Release and 9.0 Social Edition as two separated products.

So it sounds like 8.5.4 and 9.0 are two separate products that might both support WP8. I'm guessing it'll be much easier for companies to upgrade to 8.5.4 then to 9.0 so I'm hoping my company does this soon.

I tested out Lotus Notes Traveler with my iPad and it works great!!! It's awesome having the native email and calendar apps work with Lotus Notes.

It doesn't matter what kind of update it is :)... People have been burned sooo much by domino updates. Doesn't matter how big or small. I think they've gotten better than how it used to be, but people still don't trust the updates. I've asked why we don't update soon after it's been released where I work, that was the answer I got.

Surasak Chatchaidej

Jun 27, 2013
Visit site
Device: Nokia Lumia 900
Fireware: Windows Phone 7.8

We have problem to setup Exchange Activesync from Nokia device to connect Lotus Traveler 9.0 .Because I try to leave blank Domain field in account profile but it is not active login button to configuration finish.
if you suggest method to me. Thanks.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
So we finally switched to Domino v9 on our traveler server. I'm pretty sure I have to wait until AT&T flips the switch for GDR2 before I can see how it works...

Jake52

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
bguy_1986, can you please tell me how you got Notes Traveler working on your WP8? I (finally) have have GDR2 on my Lumia 920 on AT&T in the US. When I go to add an email account, I don't see anything about Notes Traveler. I thought a while back I saw a screen shot of adding an email account that shows Notes Traveler specifically, I just don't see this on my device.

bguy_1986

Oct 4, 2011
Visit site
bguy_1986, can you please tell me how you got Notes Traveler working on your WP8? I (finally) have have GDR2 on my Lumia 920 on AT&T in the US. When I go to add an email account, I don't see anything about Notes Traveler. I thought a while back I saw a screen shot of adding an email account that shows Notes Traveler specifically, I just don't see this on my device.
I had the exact same thought/problem. I was looking for Notes Traveler specifically as well. I ended up just using Exchange since I knew it used active sync.

Just going to copy the documentation I made:

1. Swipe to the Right to access the App List, Tap Settings, and then tab Email + Accounts.
  2. Tap Add an Account > Advanced Setup
  3. Enter email address and password, tap next.
  4. Tap Exchange ActiveSync
  5. Change username to whatever your username is
  6. Leave Domain Blank
  7. Put in you server address
  8. Click Sign In.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb