Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

I contacted Kik customer support asking when they planned to update thier app for WP8 and that I would love to be able to get Kik notifications on the lock screen. They replied that they had no plans to update Kik for WP8. Bummer too because the live tile isn't working properly for me on WP8. I don't understand why developers won't get fully on board with Windows Phone, I'm not a developer and don't really understand programming, but it doesn't seem like it would be that hard for someone who already has an app to update it for WP8

Cue a bunch of apologists telling you to use x or y messenger...

It's disappointing, I know, but it's the price you pay for choosing WP8. WP8 just isn't high on devs' lists of priorities by the looks of things. Hopefully things will get better. The best you can do in the meantime is to hassle the Kik team on their forum or via twitter, etc. You probably aren't the only one waiting for this update.
    That is disappointing as Kik is my preferred messenger on WP8.

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts
    I think things will change in the future. If this forum is any indication, windows phones are selling quite well now. Over time, the public (and developers) will start to realize that we aren't as small a segment as they once thought.

Kik has always been my preferred choice of messenger. I too just emailed support about updating their app for WP8 and utilizing lock screen notifications and fixing live tile support. The more of us that do this, the more they will feel an urgency to update. It has almost been an entire year since their last update.

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    emailed them too just to see what was going on with an update.

glad to see all of you emailing them, i did it too last week.

Disapointing, but most of my contacts are on Whatsapp or Viber, so i am removing the KIK app, just getting the ones i have moved from kik to whatsapp i guess

I got the following response. I had asked when they planned on updating the app for windows phone 8, since the last update was over a year ago. It speaks for itself:

"Thanks for your message. We're always looking for ways to improve, and we really appreciate you taking the time to write to us with your feedback. Upgrading the app for the Windows 8 platform is not currently the focus, but who knows what the future holds!

If you have any other suggestions, you know where to send them!

Thanks for your support,

The Kik team"

i tried kik but its just a bunch of guys trying to pick up chicks and vice versa

If you can get more of your friends on board I highly recommend Line or WeChat messenger, especially the latter, great support and works like a gem
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express