I need a PDF reader, Adobe Reader no longer available?!

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
I really need a PDF reader, its absolutely critical for my work flow. Adobe Reader on my WP 7.5 HTC HD7 was perfectly adequate, but now its not available for my HTC 8x? What?!

Microsoft's PDF Reader does an okay job for regular 8.5"x11" PDF's, but cant display drawings. Adobe Reader allowed me to view drawings, I never had an issue. It wasn't the fastest, but it worked just fine if I needed to pull up a drawing and review it.

What Adobe Reader alternatives are there? Is there anyway to side load Adobe Reader?

(If I can't find a PDF reader I'm going to have to return this phone and get an iPhone, please don't make me get an iPhone)

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
How do you open a PDF in Kindle? I don't see that anywhere in the app.

Do you mean email it to my Kindle email address?

jn1974

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
Applications that were using Hybrid SDK (native code) with Windows Phone 7, won't run on Windows Phone 8 without a rewrite, such as Adobe Reader and roughly 50 others.

MKairys

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
When I tried to open a PDF it took me to the store and pointed me to PDF Reader by Microsoft, which works quite well.

Byassdiggs

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
We have exacly the same issues - Recently purchased 12 handsets for the office, all users need to be able to review pdfs. We have tried the microsoft pdf, it hasn't opened anything I have given it. Some or all data is missing.

Would seen to me to be a fairly basic requirment.

Dissapointed.

fwaits

Mar 9, 2008
Visit site
Yeah MS threw the PDF Reader app together because they knew Adobe's version wouldn't be available for a while. It's basic and works, but not for some people's needs. I would think the Adobe version will return, but as mentioned, it could be a little while if it requires a significant rewrite.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
PDF reader?

This really stinks - I can't even view a PDF file on my phone (Lumia 920). At first maybe I thought the size was too big (40MB +), so I strip it down to a bare (1MB+), and while it opens, it's slow as ****, and even crash the damn phone.

WTH, can someone point me to a decent PDF reader? I tried to search on the market, and seems like it doesn't exist. NOKIA reading is decent, but I can't zoom in or out.

I can view this full size file on my Android phones without any problem, so I don't think it's the size of the file. What's worst, my friend with an iPhone 5 is viewing this file like a boss. Kinda embarrassing. lol.

Anyway, thanks in advance.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
There is a reason why the app has a rating of one star. Im hoping an update comes out soon, as much as MS might not like the format they need to support it.

Visual360

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Ah, so frustrated with WP8 right now. This is the first time I said this about the OS. I would have thought that a polished PDF reader would be something that MS gives priority to, especially from a business point of view. I'm dealing with PDFs every day and to be able to open a PDF is a must.

joeynox

Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I need a PDF reader. The fact that its not built into the os is pathetic. Right now I'm working on an issue with an elevator controller and need to view the manual online. My iPhone 3gs had no issues for years opening and viewing pdfs from a website.just another mistake in the long list of mistakes by MS for wp8

Mike_J

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I now have 4 Lumia 920's for work and they are going great but the lack of Adobe PDF reader is killing me - it is a must have business app. Could not care less about missing "important apps" like instagram but need a working PDF reader ASAP. The Microsoft reader is very basic and does not open all PDF's. I had multiple WP7 phone from day 1 and always worked well so just assumed that a PDF reader would exist from day 1 with WP8. So far this has been my only disappointment.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)