Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By analienholakres3

Hi,

I'm looking for an app to track my variable expenses. I don't want to enter my income and track recurring transactions in it like utilities, mortgage payment etc. What I do want is to set a budget amount for certain expense categories, be able to submit transactions against those categories and see how much I've got left. It would be nice if I could get a grand total of all categories as well (e.g. I may have overspent clothing, but underspent entertainment so overall am still on budget).

It doesn't have to be free and I hate ads in apps so don't want one where the only option is free with ads.

I've downloaded a few from the app store to see if they were what I am looking for, but so far no luck (Expense Tracker from Prash, My Expenses from Rosi Reddy, Expenses from AppSizzle). They were either too much or forced me to enter too much info (I don't want to be forced to add names/memos to my expense, just the category and the amount).

Any other suggestions?

Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Try expensify
    Developer

Hi! I wrote some app some times ago - Monetal. Its free and very easy to use. I think you have to try it. Please write here what do you think about it. Thank you.
    Developer

Thanks, I tried out your suggestions, but the one wanted me to sign up with my email address and that's a no-go for me. The other wanted me to track my income and that's not what I want.

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    I highly suggest Toshl. It's amazing! The free version let's you set 1 budget only though. The paid version is a yearly subscription of $20 per year. I haven't bought the subscription yet but I am planning to since I love it so much. And if you calculate it, it's less that 2 bucks per month. And it can do so much.

I looked at Toshl as well and there's only a free version available. I didn't get past the install since it needs to know my location. I don't know why it needs that to track my expenses unless its for ads which I hate (I'd prefer to pay for the app than have ads). Also looking at screenshots, it appears to want to save my data to their website. I don't like that idea either.

All I want is an app to track my expenses agains a monthly allotment (i.e. budget amount). Nothing fancy...

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Try MyExpenses

Edit: When I did use it, I sometimes emailed the app creator and he took my suggestions.

Assuming you mean the app by Igor Kulman, that app requires you to register and login to use it. Also, based on the screenshots, there's no way to enter a budget amount for the expense categories.

Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Haven't checked to see if it asks for registration, but in terms of expenses might be what you want..

http://www.windowsphone.com/s?appid=...c-00237de2db9e

Have anybody used mobudget in 7.5??? I would like something similar in WP8, any suggestions?

Its a lol late, but i believe budget buddy is the app you're looking for. Customized categories, SkyDrive backups, expenses monitoring, No registrations, plus a lot of other interesting features like being able to save images of receipts for future logging. Check it out.

Great, I will take a look :) thanks for the suggestion.

I found what I was looking for in Budget Envelopes. With the latest update, it has the grand total of all my categories. I'm very pleased with it and recommend to others.

Take a look at Trip Expenses http://bit.ly/1hTDt2m which can be used for tracking daily personal expenses in addition to travel expenses. You will be pleasantly surprised by its capabilities.
    Last edited by wp7fan2011; 12-14-2013 at 02:45 PM.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Money Wallet :)

If all else fails, you can do this in Excel in about 5 minutes and then just update the excel file.
    Best tracker ..well at least most functions has MoBudget. If you know any better please let us know..
    Exotic Hadron likes this.

I'm using moBudget PRO. It has a free 15-day trial period and a lite free unlimited version as well. Allows me to keep track of my income and expenses both in cash and in transactions. Offers a pretty good expense planner and supports exporting monthly statistics. Worth having a look.

I'd be happy to answer your questions about the app although I am nothing how affiliated with the author. Just love the app and be happy to share some experience. Used a couple of similar apps before and seen numerous over at Android market but surprisingly so none was even close to both look and feel and experience to moBudget.

I am really surprised to see such a nice app, well done, devs! If you interested to know, I'd share the cons (there isn't that many of them, but they do exist).

Previous version had some glitches, some of those where pretty hot (like you were able to continue to try the app out for unlimited time). So I was that happy to use the app so that I've forgotten that I am still using a trial! )) Finally, I've got that when I installed an update. I am not a big fan of updates and the app didn't have any bad issues except for one that did not allow you to edit a transaction that was made some time ago. In other words, if not that issue, I'd probably used the app for a much longer period, so happy I was with its features.
    Last edited by Exotic Hadron; 10-20-2013 at 04:16 PM.

I would recommend Logi, which I have developed, so I'm far from objective. It just deals with expenses, not income, budget etc.

It allows unlimited expense and payment categories, has user customized spending reports and charts, supports cloud backup/restore etv.

It's primary goal is to be fast and easy to use, while supporting the whole metro paradigm.

Logi's design is based on the expense management application found on the old Casio PV-450S Pocket Viewer PDA, an excellent piece of minimalistic hardware and software design.

Logi came out at the end of 2013 for Windows Phone devices, but its life begun in 2004 as a Windows CE and Pocket PC application. In 2006, Logi, nicknamed 'Logi.NET', came out for Pocket PC 2003 and Windows Mobile devices.

Logi is free (ad-supported - there's an option to remove ads).

Logi | Windows Phone Store

Here is a video of Logi in action:

Just a quick reply to say that version 1.4 of Logi just came out.

Logi | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

The main new attraction is the new data filter tool and the money map.

The data filter tool allows you to answer questions like "How much did I pay for gifts using my Visa from December 12th till January 6th"? Not the definition of fun, but it surely can be useful!

The money map is a feature that displays your expenses in a map, provided that you have allowed Logi to access you location during data entry.

wxga_shot4.png

As before, Logi is free.

Enjoy and please post your comments!