Clock app for nightstand?

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
I'm looking for a WP8 app that can allow my phone to serve as a clock/alarm on my nightstand: Is there an app that can:

1. Display a clock on screen all night
  2. Has an alarm function
  3. Silences phone ringer/alerts when its running

What would be especially cool is if the app could automatically start when placed in the Nokia wireless charging stand.

Thanks.

Slai

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Cant you buy an NFC sticker, and read it when you go to bed (put it on the nightstand or something), and set it to silence ringer/alerts, set an alarm for you, and set display timeout to "never"?

Then just let it stand there with a clock app up?

EuroDriver

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Since it's been over 6 months the suggestion was made and there's still no fix, it's looking like the suggestion went ignored. However, I found an app in the store called Night Stand Clock. It's basic, but works great. There's a lite version that's free and a $0.99 version. I haven't tried the paid version but the lite is just fine for me so far.

Last edited:

elee@ulgm.org

Jul 23, 2011
Visit site
EuroDriver, I've been using the paid version of Night Stand Clock. It works nice other than it does not offer the option to silence the phone automatically when placed in the cradle (though it will launch via NFC). Also, some mornings when I take the phone off the cradle it's really warm. This never happens when it's in the cradle without the Night Stand Clock running.

All in all, worth the $.99!

phirefly

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I also use Night Stand Clock. Just put your phone on vibrate when checking the volume before bed. Even though the phone is on vibrate the alarm still works fine. You can set multiple alarms and also dim the clock. Like said above you can launch it via NFC although I find it easier to launch from a pinned icon.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3