PNC Bank Windows Phone 8 APP

jhoff80

Apr 27, 2003
Visit site
I've heard nothing about it, but I don't know for sure.

To be honest, I was hoping personally that the Wallet integration would be the start of a whole bunch of banks and credit card companies getting WP8 apps, but it hasn't happened.

jwinch2

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I would love it if they would produce one. We use their Virtual Wallet for online banking and like it a great deal. When I was using Android, I used their regular app and their Virtual Wallet app.

I did contact the app developer for Android and ask them to produce one for WP, but I never heard back from them.

U234

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
So here is the update for all windows phone fanboys :cool:. I called PNC today (again) 800-762-2035 (option 2) for mobile department and checked with them again about what is the status for developing an app for Windows Phone. They verified and replied that currently there are no plans for that.

Unfortunately this is what I was told months ago. So if someone calls and just asks so probably it won't go anywhere. So, to make it more 'effective' the PNC lady suggested to fill out complain which will be recorded and reviewed by their team. So the more complains the more impact we can do so they can take it more seriously and start developing this app. She also said they have monthly meetings and go over any complains or any new service requests. She said there is a guy in charge for taking these suggestions and turning them into reality. His name is Jason.

So for any of you that are PNC customers and are frustrated like me because there is no way to access the bank on your phone, you have a choice to call that number 800-762-2035 Option 2 and fill out the complain like I did.

Hopefully we will get some traction on this.
-Julius

U234

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
I just called PNC Mobile Banking again and they confirmed they don't have anything in development. They said not enough people are asking for it. So I opened a new complain # 213190002395

I said that if the Bank won't take it seriously I will switch to other Bank like Bank of America, Chase, RBS and list goes on and on.

Here is the number again 800-762-2035 (option 2)

The best option is to call them and report it, otherwise this will never gain enough attention.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I sure you know, but I use PNC on my phone all the time. They have a mobile site to log in if you want, not app but its not that bad to use and works great. I also will call to complain.
Thanks

sharpycl

Nov 28, 2007
Visit site
This is the only other app that I've been waiting for. When I have this my WP8 experience will be complete. I've been using the browsers Mobile app and that has been nice so far but I WANT AN APP!

Rossitermafia

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I just wanted to add a little input. I work for PNC Bank, we have a idea submission page within our banking intranet. I recently submitted the idea of a Windows Phone app. I listed that there were many people on this community, that fully support the idea. Now all we can do is sit back an wait for them to reply to me. I will keep everyone updated.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Contacted PNC on Twitter. Got a canned answer that they are evaluating the Windows"Mobile" platform. I see this as a no.

Any other experiences or information?

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
I also posted on PNC banks facebook about getting a app for windows phone yesterday and someone named Vince from PNC replied back today and said they are looking into it. well i guess all we could do is keep bugging them and wear them down. lets keep calling and posting everyone it may help.

mcheiron

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, put a comment in Windows 8 PNC app rating that you would like WP8 app as well. There is a Windows 8 Virtual Wallet app, no check deposit I can find though, which would be nice with my Surface.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss