USAA App for WP8 Not Coming (Decision Mid-Jan)
04-05-2013 05:12 PM
- Yesterday, I sent a very irritated email to USAA regarding their app for WP8.
I understand it is not supported yet, but app does show up on the marketplace and is extremely frustrating for anyone who uses deposit@mobile. It might take 5 or 6 attempts to get a check to deposit and it saves the photos of the checks to the phone itself (privacy concern, especially for those who auto sync to skydrive). Initially, I tried calling many times to receive help with the app, but to no avail. When ever I told them that the error I received from the app was that the printed numbers at the bottom could not be read, they would stop helping with my problem and only insist that something was wrong with the check. Once, they told me that I was even taking pictures of the check the wrong way (apple much?). Anyways, this was not their case and I even tested their theory by using and android phone on the same checks which all went through with one attempt. So, I sent them a very lengthy email.
So, in my message, I described my frustration and included a multitude of comments from the reviews of the app in the marketplace to back my stance. To my dismay they responded back with the following message:"Thank you for your message regarding the Windows phone 8. At this time, we do not officially have an app intended for the use with this phone. The app that you are using was designed and intended for use with the Windows phone 7. We are currently evaluating and deciding if we will officially support the Windows phone 8 and should have more information by mid-January 2013 on this decision. Since the app is intended for Windows phone 7 and we cannot tailor the app to Windows phone 8. In regards to the phone saving pictures of the checks, we know this is security concern; this is a feature within the phone and we are working on figuring out a way to make an app that will bypass this feature. We apologize for not meeting your needs at this time.
We are aware of the growing use of Windows phone 8 and are diligently working to see if we can release an app that is compatible with all features. We are also keeping track of member complaints and suggestions so that we can accurately gauge the impact on our membership, before making our decision to update or not update the app to support Windows phone 8. We have forwarded your comments to our mobile development team for further review. It is our goal to provide quality products and superior service to all our members. Member feedback is very important at USAA and is derived from suggestions given by our members. We hope future enhancements will better meet your needs and include an update to the current app that fully supports Windows phone 8.
We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs."
So I call on all of you who find this message to send your input to USAA. I find it very disappointing that USAA is not willing to do something so simple to please all of their members, but it seems like if we give them enough of a push they will.
Thanks for reading!12-19-2012 12:54 PM
- USAA Has been at the head of the pack of mobile banking apps since the iphone came out and will no doubt update the app to fully support WP8. They really do respond very well to customer feedback. Patience... I bet they were one of the first banks to publish an app for WP7, I have no doubt that they will decide to update the app. But yes all USAA members need to hit them up.
If you are active duty or retired from the military you should definitely check them out. My little brother is a marine and turned me on to them and they are great even for non-military like myself. they do it ALL.12-20-2012 12:49 PM
- 12-20-2012 11:06 PM
- Frankly, Microsoft set themselves up for this sort of result with the promises of 100% app compatibility with Windows Phone 7 apps, and the late, late, late SDK release.
Many developers likely allocated zero resources for an update of the app to WP8 because of Microsoft's assurances that all WP7 apps would work, flawlessly. Turns out that especially for games, banking, and IM services, compatibility is either partial or zero. And I doubt they're in a rush to "recompile" when they've got other, bigger projects.12-20-2012 11:15 PM
- 12-21-2012 09:28 AM
- A bit late on this, but it seems the USAA app has been pulled from the store. I downloaded it a few weeks ago on my phone. Bricked my phone doing a reset, reflashed and now I can't find it anymore. Doesn't appear to be on the app store website either so seems like the pulled the WP7 and WP8 versions. Or maybe I'm just missing something.12-31-2012 06:02 PM
- Very Odd, I got my 920 before christmas and DL USAA app and it works fine still. I did look and they pulled it from the store. I don't understand why they removed it after it was working perfectly fine for WP8 and now stating they are not sure if they want to support it? Seems like a lot of corporate backward BS that is just fowl to me :( Maybe someone knows how to port the app for others to use?01-02-2013 03:28 PM
- A bit late on this, but it seems the USAA app has been pulled from the store. I downloaded it a few weeks ago on my phone. Bricked my phone doing a reset, reflashed and now I can't find it anymore. Doesn't appear to be on the app store website either so seems like the pulled the WP7 and WP8 versions. Or maybe I'm just missing something.01-02-2013 09:52 PM
- Last Week I received the Same canned statement from USAA as above that they are evaluating their decision. I replied with my disappoint and confusion due to the App working on my phone, I got it before it was pulled, but my parents and kids did not. I received the below reply last night, though I did threat to move all my accounts away. I did tell then that I left Spring due to their slow adoption of WP after 12 years of services
"Thank you for your response. We are currently researching and developing an app that will be compatible with Windows 8 phones. We expect to have more information available later this month. We apologize for not having more specific details available at this time. We value your business and the opportunity to serve all your financial needs."01-09-2013 05:02 AM
- sinimeRetired Moderator
For Banking, I believe it is open to non-military, but you have to live near a facility... For example, in San Antonio, I believe the banking side of USAA is open to anyone who resides in Bexar county. Not sure, but would assume there is a similar eligibility in Arizona and wherever else they may have a facility. However, the banking side has some limitations to people who are not eligible for insurance through USAA... for example, before my wife and I got married, she banked with USAA, but could not use the deposit at home feature. Now that we are married, she can.
I'm glad to hear that they may be developing a WP8 version of the app... The WP7 version works, but isn't the best, especially considering the version on iOS.
My eligiblity was granted because my father served in the military and was a USAA member.01-22-2013 09:00 AM
- I headed over to the USAA Facebook page and left a comment.
They replied - obviously not the same or related departments. But go leave a comment there and make sure you @windows phone inside the comment so it mentions / links in the Windows Phone page (you have to like both pages to make it work).01-31-2013 05:38 PM
- 02-02-2013 02:54 PM
- I just sent USAA the following email; hopefully they will respond saying the USAA WP8 app is coming very soon.
"I saw the following post at this page: USAA App for WP8 Not Coming (Decision Mid-Jan). I am experiencing the exact same frustrating situation. It is now early February. Can you please let me know when the USAA app for Windows Phone 8 will be available. I would like to continue making deposits @mobile with my Windows Phone 8 versus having to revert back to deposit envelopes (which are also costly to USAA)."02-02-2013 04:14 PM
- 02-02-2013 07:16 PM
- Well, they are asking for mobile app feedback... not the right app, but hey, Android users are complaining:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater04-05-2013 05:12 PM
- Windows Phones
- Stuff for your Windows Phone
- Windows Phone Apps
USAA App for WP8 Not Coming (Decision Mid-Jan)
- By amarshonarbangla in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 20Last Post: 06-14-2013, 09:07 AM
- By ShortStuff in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 52Last Post: 04-22-2013, 01:30 AM
- By saintforlife in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 3Last Post: 02-02-2013, 04:59 PM
- By Schepa123 in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 0Last Post: 10-31-2012, 05:25 AM
- By paulheu in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 33Last Post: 06-27-2012, 04:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD