Siri for Windows Phone 7 & 8 [$2.49]

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Siri for Windows Phone

Sorry this is way to expensive... No reviews yet...and almost $5. The built in tellme works fine
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

TellMe does not give you information right at hand, nor does it let you execute commands on your phone. That said, I do agree the price is expensive. As for reviews, I suggest you watch my video. It'll also get you the idea of why this is different from TellMe.

Personally though, I still use TellMe for web searches.

Geronimo928

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site

I've been using ziggy and this looks a lot smoother in,comparison. It's practical that you can launch commands from start button. However, I would not pay that price without a trial.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

A friend of mine just said that he could run a trial of the app, but that the price of the app has increased even further. Yikes. Can anyone confirm this?

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

A friend of mine just said that he could run a trial of the app, but that the price of the app has increased even further. Yikes. Can anyone confirm this?
I would take the trial and see what it's all about. But the original price is already over my budget for an app like this, so I don't think I would be purchasing it, unless it has a price drop.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I would take the trial and see what it's all about. But the original price is already over my budget for an app like this, so I don't think I would be purchasing it, unless it has a price drop.
That makes sense. Let's hope they actually do drop the price, since (so far), they have only increased it.

I just noticed that they added buttons for submitting feedback as well. It's now possible to contact them. I've sent them an e-mail asking wether or not more commands will arrive, and what the future plans of the app are. Let's hope they will respond, since some app store reviews regarding that have been posted as well.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Siri for Windows Phone [Updated: WP7 app and trial!]

Okay, they replied. They said that new navigation-based commands are on their way, but that they are currently busy fixing a very critical bug striking only Windows Phone 7 users. Furthermore, they are improving the user-friendliness, so that universal commands can easilier be understood. They also pointed out that their number 1 priority is to implement things that people have complained about or are commenting about in the app itself, and in the "reviews" of the app.

V J

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site

Downloaded the trial.

Asked "What's the weather today?" and it performed a search for the sentence instead of telling me the weather.
Tried asking "What is Will and Grace?" and got the sentence wrong the first attempt, second attempt showed me a page about the TV show which is correct.

On both occasions Ziggy replied with voice and with the correct info (tell me what the weather is like today, and telling me about Will and Grace in a short sentence). Ziggy is still very slow compared to Siri so technically they're both subpar but in this competition of losers, Ziggy wins.

Didn't mean for this to sound so critical, just being frank. Needless to say, I uninstalled.

On the other hand, the built-in voice software on WP8 reads aloud my incoming text messages and lets me send replies by voice alone. I can have a text conversation without EVER touching my phone (something even Siri is not capable of doing). Real handy when your hands are tied.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Asked "What's the weather today?" and it performed a search for the sentence instead of telling me the weather.

Alex returns the proper weather report for me when I search for that, but Ask Ziggy does not. Can you reconfirm that you said it correctly? Also, is it a Windows Phone 7 device? There's a critical bug for those right now (they told me in an e-mail, see my previous post) that makes it impossible to see the results.

On both occasions Ziggy replied with voice and with the correct info (tell me what the weather is like today, and telling me about Will and Grace in a short sentence). Ziggy is still very slow compared to Siri so technically they're both subpar but in this competition of losers, Ziggy wins.

I'm confused. Siri? I'm talking about Alex. Maybe it was just a typo, but I am still confused as to what you're really comparing here.

Didn't mean for this to sound so critical, just being frank. Needless to say, I uninstalled.
Try installing again in a few weeks. They seem to be updating it a lot. Since I bought my license, I got a new update every 7 days or so.

On the other hand, the built-in voice software on WP8 reads aloud my incoming text messages and lets me send replies by voice alone. I can have a text conversation without EVER touching my phone (something even Siri is not capable of doing). Real handy when your hands are tied.
Yup, TellMe is sweet!

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

It seems as if they have listened to feedback. You can now delete alarms, and loads of new commands were just added. A bugfix for Windows Phone 7 was added too.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Hmmm, a friend of mine is having crashes on the trial edition after 3 days. Maybe it crashes when the trial expires? Can anyone confirm?

Edit: I confirmed that myself. I contacted them, and they said that a "huuuuge humongous gigantic update (1.5.0.0)" is on the way. Exciting! I'll keep the post updated.

Last edited:

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Wow. Just wow. They just released an update. More than 200 command examples have been added, and the UI has been entirely redesigned!

david90531

Aug 29, 2011
Visit site

Wow. Just wow. They just released an update. More than 200 command examples have been added, and the UI has been entirely redesigned!
It's great to see the developer spending much effort into this app :D

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site

Are there any voice recognition programs for WP that will schedule an appointment in Calendar?

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Are there any voice recognition programs for WP that will schedule an appointment in Calendar?

This one does that. They call it meetings, but it still registers as "appointments" in the system.

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

Hi, Am I the only one but this app can't register anything. I tried multiple times and I tried to use the commands written in the app but it only tries to search on the net. I cannot setup anything like a meeting etc.

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

Hi, Am I the only one but this app can't register anything. I tried multiple times and I tried to use the commands written in the app but it only tries to search on the net. I cannot setup anything like a meeting etc.

What did you try asking it for? And did it recognize what you said correctly?

TruPlaya187

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site

What did you try asking it for? And did it recognize what you said correctly?

I tried to schedule a meeting for a certain day and time, When is my next appointment etc... And yes it did understand me correctly since it wrote back my question but then it wanted to search the Internet. I've posted a screenshot:
meeting setup.jpg

ffMathy

Dec 19, 2012
Visit site

I tried to schedule a meeting for a certain day and time, When is my next appointment etc... And yes it did understand me correctly since it wrote back my question but then it wanted to search the Internet. I've posted a screenshot:
View attachment 27701

That is rather interesting. Maybe it fails at contact name recognition. Try with the contact's full name. Also, see if it works for "Set up a meeting at 9" (without mentioning the participant). Is that the case? If so, I'll report it to them and they'll get it fixed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077