Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree19Likes
    Banned

Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Can we have the website please? It's time to harass them for an app from as many users here as possible. Make them see that WP demand IS there.

I'm going to help you. These Idiots that are iOS fanbois (the guys that say wp is ****), deserve to be harassed.

I actually prefer having a different phone than people who use Instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by Paladinleeds View Post
    Can we have the website please? It's time to harass them for an app from as many users here as possible. Make them see that WP demand IS there.
    I totally forgot the website, but it did happen. I do recall receiving that email. Those assh****.

Quote Originally Posted by CamiKitti View Post
    I totally forgot the website, but it did happen. I do recall receiving that email. Those assh****.
    did you tell them that they need a break from all of that kool-aid they're drinking? And that they need to keep a tight watch on a certain stock (aapl), because of all the market share they're losing AND the fact that instead of skyrocketing to 900 like projected, it in fact dropped substantially? Please. Let me have a whack at these guys.

Quote Originally Posted by AliNSiddiqui View Post
    This is wrong, I have snapchat installed on my Android phone.
    Damn well i guess my friend doesn't know how to search in the google play store cause he was complaining that snapchat wasn't on android.

Global Posts
    22 Global Posts

Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by odoggyfresh View Post
    they do. just make sure the iPod touch you get has a camera on it. I have a 3rd Gen iPod touch (no camera), I can download Instagram, but obviously not post pictures. but it does not let me download Snapchat since I dont have a camera
    I have a 3rd gen iPod Touch, all you have to do is download the app via iTunes and port it onto the device using the iPhone Configuration Utility 3.6.1 for Windows

It works perfectly, I have Facebook Camera, WhatsApp & I just tested SnapChat...No jailbreak required and this is all offical stuff here =)
    Last edited by pepsijosh; 12-24-2012 at 05:09 PM. Reason: Hyperlink
    Quote Originally Posted by MacDaMachine View Post
    Damn well i guess my friend doesn't know how to search in the google play store cause he was complaining that snapchat wasn't on android.
    He probably has a low end Android, I have a feeling that low end Android users miss out on much more than we do.

Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iamtim View Post
    I recently discovered EyeEm, which I like better than both Fhotoroom and Instagram.

is it a full service on its own? like flickr and instagram- upload directing to site or is it some kind of portal where you have to upload to facebook/twitter?

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus82 View Post
    is it a full service on its own? like flickr and instagram- upload directing to site or is it some kind of portal where you have to upload to facebook/twitter?
    it is its own service, pretty sweet if you want something similar
    Thanked by:

Quote Originally Posted by Optimus82 View Post
    EyeEm: the best Instagram alternative you’ve never heard of - SlashGear

Just want to make you notice that this app I found tonight is really similar to snapchat (or Poke): Tiger Text | Store di app e giochi per Windows Phone (Italia)

Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    MS needs a roving app hit-squad... Have a team on the look out for up and coming apps on other platforms, set a benchmark (e.g. more than 10 000 daily users) and if that app hits the benchmark, offer the developers cash to develop the app for Windows Phone and RT. Even if you have to go out and develop the app yourself, do it but ensure you get the branding (e.g. like they did for FB). In fact, that might be a quicker and more efficient method (especially if you're looking at integration). And for God's sake, make sure you've got online banking, public transport, taxi and major shopping centre/mall apps covered. Yes, it's serious cash burning, but who cares if the pay-off sits in greater WP adoption, and thus WP license sales, increased Bing usage, etc.

Do it Microsoft, do it... do it right.

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ToneZone View Post
    snapchat is for sexting, stop being a creepo and just send mms or whatsapp messages like the rest of us
    No its not.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Global Posts
    1,082 Global Posts
    sure, I'm going to send you a photo but i need to limit the time available to you and block you from saving it
    As a person who uses it I can tell you that's not what its for. I will say it will probably be useless in a couple months like Voxer.

Quote Originally Posted by koolkid09 View Post
    As a person who uses it I can tell you that's not what its for. I will say it will probably be useless in a couple months like Voxer.

For YOU, it may not be used that way but I remember some ***** on Facebook asked me did I have snapchat so he could send me a picture. I was like why can't you just upload it to facebook...he's like because it's an x-rated pic.
    I did some googling and the vast majority of users are pre-teens, teens and college kids using it to sext one another and get around parent's peering eyes or so they don't have to worry about a person doing something wrong with their nudey.

Another example: that's like saying you don't use instagram for the filters...while that may be true for YOU or someone else, the vast majority do use the filters.

Its like a chicken & egg, Windows Phone sales needs to capture a good percentage of market share to make app development viable for the devs, but without apps Windows Phone will not be able to capture market share.

Found an app called TigerText that is on WP, iOS and Android. Similar to snapchat
    Banned

Global Posts
    183 Global Posts
    snapchat is for sexting, stop being a creepo and just send mms or whatsapp messages like the rest of us
    What's wrong with sexting?
    odoggyfresh likes this.

It can be used for much more than "sexting". Not all of us want everything we do to be preserved for posterity... if you're at a party and you want to send a picture of someone who is there to someone else, but don't want to feel like you need to ask permission or worry where the picture will end up. Just an example. Regular picture sharing is like taking a picture with a camera and saving the picture, Snapchat is like saying "hey, look over there". It's a great idea, and WP8 NEEDS these small, popular apps. It won't survive by always being left out.

When are you going to learn to do some research before buying a phone?
    I just recently joined this website so that I can recruit signatures to encourage the creation of Snapchat and Istagram clients for Windows Phone 8. Note that an account with change.org is required to sign, but the information is very minimal, and they do NOT spam your email. To support this cause: visit the links below. Thank you, and please no negative posts:

Instagram:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/inst...dows-phone-8-2

Snapchat:
    http://www.change.org/petitions/snap...indows-phone-8
    Last edited by XI Orange 33 IX; 01-26-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: Formatting error
    Thanked by:
    Doffen likes this.

Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    Signed. Lets get this on the wpcentral wrap up.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12