I missed out on instagram, and now missing out on Snapchat?

masterchief1984

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
These apps are being launch on the OS that the developers think that will bring them the most money. As much as I love WP8 I have to say that iOS and Android are the places people look to first when they first release an app. These people are trying to get paid like everyone else.

thekonger

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Ha, I wasn't sure what snapchat was so I googled it and came across their site with two girls snapping a picture of themselves. Is that all it is? Just another picture sharing app?

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
This is the app problem with wp8. It's not how many apps wp8 has compared to the others, it's not how many of last years top 50 we have. The problem is wp8 doesn't get the hot new apps first. Despite Joe B telling the devs that it's a bonanza waiting to happen , it's not.

I love wp8, and I won't leave until the platform is dead, but facts are facts.

jimski

Dec 11, 2010
Visit site
Anybody who doesn't develop apps (not programs) for Windows 8/RT is a fool. And if you are developing for Win8, porting to WP8 is a natural progression, and another income channel.
Sent from my Lumia 900 using Board Express Pro

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
there are a few third party apps that let you view (but not post) to instagram, which is better than nothing. I use Instacam and like it.

as for snapchat, it is VERY popular with HS and college age kids here in the US. I'm a junior in college and people are friggin on that app all the time. people I know have substituted it for texting basically. I do find it kind of stupid, but if MS wants to appeal to the market and gain some fanbase, young smartphone users are key to me

based_graham

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
That sucks man. Does Instagram and Snapchat work on a iPod touch? Maybe by an iPod touch to go along with your phone if you really need the apps.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
That sucks man. Does Instagram and Snapchat work on a iPod touch? Maybe by an iPod touch to go along with your phone if you really need the apps.

they do. just make sure the iPod touch you get has a camera on it. I have a 3rd Gen iPod touch (no camera), I can download Instagram, but obviously not post pictures. but it does not let me download Snapchat since I dont have a camera

Light Speed1

Nov 17, 2010
Visit site
there are a few third party apps that let you view (but not post) to instagram, which is better than nothing. I use Instacam and like it.

as for snapchat, it is VERY popular with HS and college age kids here in the US. I'm a junior in college and people are friggin on that app all the time. people I know have substituted it for texting basically. I do find it kind of stupid, but if MS wants to appeal to the market and gain some fanbase, young smartphone users are key to me
you hit the nail on the head. big time. that age group will determine the winners of the ecosystems and smartphone OS wars.

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
Fhotoroom is an windows phone and windows 7 &8 app only. I find it to be better than instagram in everything but... Wait for it.... Users. None of my family or friends can use it because most of them are on IOS, and a couple on android
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

PG2G

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
which is seriously lame. i dont understand how a dev could be so shortsighted...

These hot new apps typically come from a very small team. They don't necessarily have the resources to cover every platform when they are still trying to find their place in the market. These aren't big corporate applications...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo