Question on RapDialer

q8buckeye

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Shouldn't the live tile show missed calls? I don't get any notifications on the tile itself. The app is AMAZING, but if this feature isn't available, then it's a deal-breaker for me.

Selfdestructo Bust

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I have the original phone app pinnned right under...i think the special dialers don't have access to recent or missed calls.

heh I have the same configuration. Medium tile for RapDialer and a small tile below for the native phone app so I can see missed calls.

Hopefully RapDialer includes incoming calls soon. I shouldn't need two phone tiles...

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
RapDialer is just a dialer app, I doubt the developers have even thought of updating the tile for missed calls. RapDialer and the other dialer apps are not integrated into the phone system like that to be able to show things like missed calls, accept calls, or have a joint history. MS may not even allow apps to have access to those types of things. It's also not easy to have a tile which updates on demand like that, there are very few that do apart from the built in functions.

I guess the short of it is I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

orelzion

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
This is a limitation of the operating system.
I come from Android where there is almost no limitation on the developer, which I believe isn't that good. But no permissions at all isn't that good either.
In my opinion there should be an initial page where the user is asked whether or not to allow the app to access this info, the same approach we already have with location service

Selfdestructo Bust

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
RapDialer is just a dialer app, I doubt the developers have even thought of updating the tile for missed calls. RapDialer and the other dialer apps are not integrated into the phone system like that to be able to show things like missed calls, accept calls, or have a joint history. MS may not even allow apps to have access to those types of things. It's also not easy to have a tile which updates on demand like that, there are very few that do apart from the built in functions.

I guess the short of it is I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

They HAVE thought of updating the tile for missed calls. They just can't at the moment.

This is from their marketplace info:
NOTE:
Because of restrictions in WP7, many important features such as incoming calls and call history are unavailable in marketplace version. We will try to make them come true in other ways.

I cannot stand the native phone app. It's atrocious. I'm so glad RapDialer exists...fixes everything that's wrong with the native one. You should try it, it's way more than just a dialer app.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I do use it and if they have some way to support incoming calls that would be great. I'm a big Google Voice user now so I normally use MetroTalk, it would be nice if Rapdialer had GV support as well.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3