Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Global Posts
    219 Global Posts
    some of you are missing the point and continue to diss instagram lol, people that havent used instagram could easily switch over to WP8 but the ones that do aren't gonna up and leave their social network and pictures they've been capturing over time just for a UI, either Microsoft finds a way to meet these people needs or growth will be slow.
    Thanked by:
    tk-093, snowmutt, Snow and 3 others like this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrese View Post
    I say again...metro.am a third party app lets you post pics. Its an awesome app.
    It does not let you post to your instagram. Only to another social networks, such as FaceBook and Twitter.

You can like and comment, but not post a picture through the app.

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod

Global Posts
    863 Global Posts
    Don't care about instagram.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDax3 View Post
    Who cares that you don't care?
    Almost a year since that Flipboard announcement...
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Microsoft should pay Facebook to develop an Instagran App for WP8 and Windows 8. Facebook, Twitter and Instagram are basic functions in a phone for many people.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesDax3 View Post
    Clearly there are a few million people that do care about Instagram. Not sure if the app is free on other OS's and if it is, good on them (as there are millions of users on these OS's). Even if Instagram develop a WP app and charge .99c I'm sure people wouldn't mind passing over a buck for the priviledge of using Instagram on WP - there's probably a handful of WP users that would say 'Don't care about instagram' to pay for it, but I bet ya there would be a few million that would.

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by welsbloke View Post
    I must confess sharing photos has never been an issue for me so really do not understand the draw to this app, I am willing to wait until the cows come home.
    Moo.
    My next phone...

I think your missing the point/ wp8 needs to get the popular apps like ios and droid, that's all there is to it. It doesn't mean that wp8 will suffer because of no instagram or inmy case squareup but everything helps wp8 gain marketshare. maybe MS should start buying companies like instagram.
    snowmutt likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Does anyone know if instagram is being develop for WP8? Tbh I dont want to hear about "oh its a stupid app for hipster which just add filters to pictures which make them worst" bull****. If its a stupid app, no one will be using. Besides its the social functions that cause it to be big, not the filters. Its a huge app and these kind of apps is needed for WP to succeed. So does anyone have any knowledge? If so please post source links! :)
    what is a hipster...anyway, my whole family post on instagram instead of facebook now. I actually find that instagram is the main reason why I want to go to iOS besides the app sharing...

Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)
    Not having instagram is a good reason not to buy a Windows Phone.

What's with all the instagram hate? For sure i don't use it, but then i do want popular apps to come to WP8. I hope people realise this fact. The more people come to Wp8, the more we all benefit because more apps come to WP8.. And some of those apps will be the ones YOU want. So if u want a banking app. Get instagram on board.. And if u want an instagram app, get other apps on board.. Like i don't care about square.. But i want it on WP8 for the same reason i want instagram. Stop hating on each other guys!
    Thanked by:
    Snow, havox22 and Evlkud like this.

The instagram hate is from the 40+ year old crowd...
    Thanked by:
    Snow, unit_three and LordXaero like this.

No. Instagram can be parceled out like any other IP. It'll cost them though.

Quote Originally Posted by cashcar1979 View Post
    Exactly. Its how grown folk deal with tantrums over something you want but can't have. This is all it is for us. Keep livin'. You'll see. lol.
    Snow likes this.
    Retired Moderator

Global Posts
    19,947 Global Posts
    Whether the folks on WP care or don't care, you're already on WP. There are a lot of folks that would jump ship and come to the WP platform if iG existed.

Some say it's useless, but I know quite a few that post pics for business reasons, showing off their work and/or what they do for money!

WPCentral Mod | Retired Android Central Mod | CrackBerry Mod
    Thanked by:
    Laura Knotek likes this.

Lomogram and Instacam does the job for me... have to check out metro.am. I'd rather have an app for tweaking camera options further.
    .................Enjoy Life, you only live it Once.................

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    oh its a stupid app for hipsters which just adds filters to pictures which makes them worse
    Thanked by:
    K Rad 

Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Instagram knows that MS badly need an app from them to get more users on their platform so I'm sure they're waiting that MS gives them a couple millions $$$ before they even move their finger.

Global Posts
    43 Global Posts
    On Android I used to use Instagram. I would post occasionally, but mostly just browsed so it's not so bad for me. I'm 28 by the way, and my 23 yr old sister uses it a lot (it's not just a immature teenager app). I gave her my old HD7, but she uses it as a dumb phone. All her app usage is done on her iPod Touch. This is and continues to be WP's problem.

Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    they are 18.
    so doesn't mean anything...im 16 and it didn't keep me from it and just about every girl in my school has one and about half the guys...i don't because i can care less and will just join the next fad as long as wp gets it but if not in about 1 month it will be complaining about snap-chat and then 2 months later there will be a new app so on and so on
    Jazmac likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy66 View Post
    Instagram knows that MS badly need an app from them to get more users on their platform so I'm sure they're waiting that MS gives them a couple millions $$$ before they even move their finger.
    I do wonder why MS doesn't just pay insane amounts for the very demanded apps. That's what they did with the Xbox and now they're in a position of power. But it doesn't look like they're willing to do the same for Windows Phone.
    Almost a year since that Flipboard announcement...

Global Posts
    1,044 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cashcar1979 View Post
    Yeah, that must be right. Or perhaps we are adults and don't stomp our feet when things don't go our way.
    My next phone...

Quote Originally Posted by phatboy66 View Post
    This is the slippery slope with companies like Microsoft paying for apps. Do companies stop developing in the hope that MS will pay?

Global Posts
    1,741 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower203 View Post
    oh its a stupid app for hipsters which just adds filters to pictures which makes them worse
    Though I personally think it's silly and don't use it at all, you really don't know what Instagram is, do you? It's a social network, like Facebook, Twitter, etc... it's just photo based. If it was just a silly app to add filters to pictures nobody would care.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxPower203 View Post
    A stupid app used by 100 million people. I'm sure Microsoft would like a percentage of those users :)

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    Look people, stop this.

A lot of people want Instagram, I don't use it either but I can understand that if you are invested in the ecosystem and have a network on there, you would want to keep it. The twitter analogy was exactly right.

Accept that some people want to be able to post pictures to instagram and not just view them. So stop suggesting 3rd party apps and saying Instagram is stupid or its a dump reason to not buy a phone --EVERY -- SINGLE -- TIME-- this topic is raised. I'm very happy with Lomogram but I can understand that this is not good enough for an Instagram user.

Some people use Instagram, accept that.

These threads are ridiculous.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast