Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree43Likes

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Does anyone know if instagram is being develop for WP8? Tbh I dont want to hear about "oh its a stupid app for hipster which just add filters to pictures which make them worst" bull****. If its a stupid app, no one will be using. Besides its the social functions that cause it to be big, not the filters. Its a huge app and these kind of apps is needed for WP to succeed. So does anyone have any knowledge? If so please post source links! :)

Ya it just came via a third party app called metro.am. Its pretty awesome. Check out the store. Let me know what you think.

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    no.

@ttsoldiet...no?

We dont know, there arent any source links to share. There is an app that lets you sign in and browse, just not post (I know the biggest part). I'm not saying its not coming, I'm just saying that it might be a while

Global Posts
    137 Global Posts
    Don't know, don't use it, and never heard of it until people on here complained about WP8 not having it...figured I could just share pictures on facebook since its not available here. I need a tdameritrade trading app, not another way to share personal media. To answer your question, I don't believe anyone knows for sure if an official instagram app is coming. I do see the significance of bringing popular apps to WP8 and MSFT will not succeed if they can't get more users to migrate over to their OS.
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    Last edited by Jastow; 12-31-2012 at 11:19 AM.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
    We dont know, there arent any source links to share. There is an app that lets you sign in and browse, just not post (I know the biggest part). I'm not saying its not coming, I'm just saying that it might be a while
    Hmm ok that sucks.. I'm 18 and instagram is big among teenagers and young adults. Many of my friends who are willing to switch stopped due to the lack of an official instagram app, (not the third party app that doesn't let you post pictures). I suppose many of you at working adults? So maybe you don't see use of such apps. But if Microsoft wan to increase their marketshare, they should really help and urge instragram to develop an app be it providing them money or developers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Hmm ok that sucks.. I'm 18 and instagram is big among teenagers and young adults. Many of my friends who are willing to switch stopped due to the lack of an official instagram app, (not the third party app that doesn't let you post pictures). I suppose many of you at working adults? So maybe you don't see use of such apps. But if Microsoft wan to increase their marketshare, they should really help and urge instragram to develop an app be it providing them money or developers.
    I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)
    WPenvy likes this.
    Quote Originally Posted by spaulagain View Post
    I understand quick "fad" apps are huge for social connecting, but I would NEVER let a stupid app like Instagram impact my decision to buy a smartphone. You are making a far more advanced investment when you pick a smartphone OS for at least the next 2 years. Apps like Instagram come and go within 6 months.

WP offers so much more as a phone and tool OS, why dismiss it for something so silly. Plus, WP is far more socially integrated throughout the OS then the others.

I'd tell your friends they are being short sighted and making immature (stupid) decisions. ;)
    they are 18.
    Patient Windows Phone User since October 2010 till cores and apps do us apart.

Read the rules before you post. If you post, we will assume you've read this already.
    Thanked by:
    Neibl likes this.

Instagram has been here for over 6 months and will still be here in a year. It might pass one day, but only when something replaces it. (Facebook over myspace) We are social creatures, and feeling left out, or like you are missing something is big for some, especially those still in high school/college where fitting in seems like everything for most.

I dont use twitter, but it is very easy for me to understand that if windows phones were unable to access it via web or app, how that would stop a whole lot of folks from buying a WP. Yes, its a 2 year commitment, but quite honestly as long as you aren't getting a low budget android phone the two years will go by fine. Unless of you need certain apps, then WP can be a burden. I Already see it with my sister in law who I got get to get a 820 & my bro got the GS3 she is always on his phone and wants to return hers. Even tho WP IMHO is better if you are talking OS for OS some of these apps simply make life easier & WP just doesnt have them.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by havox22 View Post
    Instagram has been here for over 6 months and will still be here in a year. It might pass one day, but only when something replaces it. (Facebook over myspace) We are social creatures, and feeling left out, or like you are missing something is big for some, especially those still in high school/college where fitting in seems like everything for most.

I dont use twitter, but it is very easy for me to understand that if windows phones were unable to access it via web or app, how that would stop a whole lot of folks from buying a WP. Yes, its a 2 year commitment, but quite honestly as long as you aren't getting a low budget android phone the two years will go by fine. Unless of you need certain apps, then WP can be a burden. I Already see it with my sister in law who I got get to get a 820 & my bro got the GS3 she is always on his phone and wants to return hers. Even tho WP IMHO is better if you are talking OS for OS some of these apps simply make life easier & WP just doesnt have them.
    THIS. Thanks for this post, exactly what I thought.

Global Posts
    88 Global Posts

Did Facebook, instagram or twitter disappear in 6 months? I dont think so. Of course the OS matters alot and im considering upgrading to the lumia920 from my omnia 7. But recently I tried my mum's note 2 and I can say windows phone greatly lag behind android in terms of features, nvm the apps. Her notification centre is excellent with quick toggles for WiFi flight mode etc, a finger away. Google now is excellent and gmaps is awesome for my country. I can't comment on Nokia maps since I din use it before. I love windows phone metro design language and how apps look better on windows phone compared to ios and android. But I do also need assurance that in terms of app growth and whether top official apps are considering making WP apps. Also apps like fb and whatapps are seriously lacking on windows phone.
    MikeSo likes this.

Global Posts
    2,285 Global Posts
    We can't give you that assurance. Given that it is an unknown, it sounds like android is for you
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

i suggest in the meantime trying EyeEm,

I must confess sharing photos has never been an issue for me so really do not understand the draw to this app, I am willing to wait until the cows come home.
    Jazmac likes this.

use EyeEM

Global Posts
    2,912 Global Posts
    Stop posting alternatives. These inatagram threads get me soo mad.

Those of you who don't/cant see how crucial instagram is to WP need a wake up call. No one cares if you don't use it. 100 million people use it. That is what matters.
    Thanked by:
    snowmutt, Snow, RSB54 and 1 others like this.

What is Instagram? aren't there more registered users for Flickr?

Too much whining about instagam. If the developers want to write for the platform, and I believe they will for Windows Phone 8, it'll happen. Until it gets here, it's not the end of the world. Unless google buys them. Then you'll never see it.
    ambroShuS and Napocensis like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Techblogger View Post
    Too much whining about instagam. If the developers want to write for the platform, and I believe they will for Windows Phone 8, it'll happen. Until it gets here, it's not the end of the world. Unless google buys them. Then you'll never see it.
    Instagram is already owned by Facebook. So, Google would have to buy Facebook
    ambroShuS and MikeSo like this.

I pity these teenagers who think that Instagram or any other app will decide the future of WP. The fact that they are already on WP tells me they can live without Instagram, as whatever WP offers them counterweights the missing app.
    The more social media apps teenagers have, the less integrated in the society they are. They may have hundreds of likes or friends in FB, or followers in Twitter, yet is more and more difficult for them to find a friend to go snowboarding, swimming, biking or just getting together and yapping.
    Teenagers need to understand that social media should only complement and not replace their live interaction with other people.

You do not have Instagram? Fine, you will do just well, likely even better.
    JamesDax3 and Nirodrit534 like this.

I agree this I instagram thing is too much

I say again...metro.am a third party app lets you post pics. Its an awesome app.

I don't use Instagram, but not having it ready for WP8 is a colossal failure by MSFT. Same with Wells Fargo...fail. MSFT needs to get their act together regarding apps and games. No NBA Jam...no Madden..etc. Game selection sucks on WP8 and MSFT leadership is to blame.
    MikeSo likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Byrese View Post
    I say again...metro.am a third party app lets you post pics. Its an awesome app.
    It does? Just tried from app store and no it doesnt....
    havox22 and ambroShuS like this.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast