Custom text instead of calendar/messaging on lock screen?

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi All,

One of the areas I was hoping would improve with the new lock screen is the area at the bottom where traditionally the next calendar entry is displayed.

None of the default options are really that interesting to me - what would be much, much more useful would be an app that allowed you to simply put three lines of customised text there instead.

Does anyone know of an app that does this? It could be either something really simple that just lets you put in 3 lines of text, or perhaps a to-do sort of app which you fill up with multiple 'reminders' and either rotates them at a said interval or displays the top one until ticked.... - if not maybe I need to download the SDK and see what this app writing business is all about if other people think it'd be useful...

Previously you had to use calendar entries to do this, but that's a really clunky way, a waste of the third line and means anything you put there is time limited...

BTW- using a non-portico WP8 Lumia 920 :)

andrewkeith5

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
You can put thee lines of whatever text you want, there is an app called note+ which allows you to set a note to appear on the lock screen so you just create a note and set it as the featured note

Heres the link for you:

Note+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Thank you SO much! You have no idea how long I've been looking for such a simple app...normally I'm pretty good at getting Google to return what I need but this has totally eluded me so far. So pleased to finally finish off customising my lock screen as I wish :)

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
:) no problem, i came across it and was really impressed at how clean, fast and beautiful it was. You don't often come across an app that is all those

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)