Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Tbronl

I have seen articles that say that this release enable the user to select route options, e.g., toll roads for one. Supposedly, I should be able to tap the strip on the screen that indicates the route and a selection screen will be displayed.

I have this app on my Nokia Lumia 710 (Windows 7.5). I do not see this functionality.I tried Drive today for the first time - it kept trying to steer me to a toll free route, never mind that I had already paid the only toll in the trip.

Does this version support this feature for my phone and O/S? If so, any ideas why I cannot access it?
    Nokia Lumia 521- T-Mobile 32 GB micro SD card

I don't think those particular features have been brought to WP 7.5 yet but I thought I saw somewhere that Nokia will be bringing them over. Those route options are definitely there on Nokia Drive+ for WP8.

Maybe in 7.8 (whenever that is)?

When you have searched for your destination, you tap "DRIVE TO" in the bottom of the screen. When you did that, you will get the screen that has the button "START" at the bottom. In this screen there's a strip with 6 icons (grey strip, in the middle of the screen). When you tap this strip, you will get the options.

I have the same version of nokia drive running on my LG WP7 device (unlocked), so it should work. Maybe it works when you delete and reinstall the app (however this will probably mean you will need to download the maps for offline use again.).
    Last edited by Tbronl; 01-01-2013 at 05:38 PM.
    Thanked by:
    Neil Katz likes this.

No need to uninstall it. It is just as you said. Now, one more question...is there any way to view the actual directions as I would in MapQuest...Google Maps...etc.?

Not with Nokia Drive yet. They mentioned in the comments section on their blog for the previous update that this was a feature they were working on though. I find it really stupid to release a SatNav app without this feature. Hope it makes it in the next update, and I hope that that update comes soon.
    Thanked by: