Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Are there any good hdr apps in the market
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Currently two on the market...HDR Camera and HDR Photo Camera. We've taken a look at HDR Photo Camera and if you'll wait until morning, I'll have a review up on HDR Camera.

HDR Photo Camera was recently updated to address some of the issues we experienced during the review.
    George Ponder
    Reviews Editor - Windows Phone Central
    Email: george.ponder@wpcentral.com
    Twitter: @coppertop004

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    Sounds great. I tried the one that wpc reviewed or previewed a week or so ago and it sucked.

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I looked at both apps and so far no devs on WP know how to make a hdr app. This is very upsetting. I've been emailing my pictures to myself and just using my iPhone that has 19192881 hdr apps. I understand taking 3 images at different exposure is the proper way to do an hdr image but there's software out there that's cable of making hdr images using just 1 picture and making the adjustments through sliders. This option is much better when using a phone. Even instagram has a one button hdr like feature.

Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    No, software that does it with 1 image is just filtering it to make it look kinda like an HDR photo. Those are actually available on WP8, but they are not HDR. A lot of the photo editing apps on WP8 have an HDR filter, but its not really HDR.

If you can do it with 1 image without exposure bracketing, its not actually HDR and you do not have the flexibility or capability real HDR has.

I thought HDR Photo Camera was okay, it was good enough
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    HDR Photo Camera is the better of the two.
    If HDR Camera could fix the alignment and stability bugs.... it might be the better of the two.
    George Ponder

Global Posts
    604 Global Posts
    I know a 1 click hdr isn't real hdr but the software hdr filters do a great job at it. On my PC I normally use topaz adjust which works great. The apps on WP8 don't seem to give the photos that hdr pop . The contrast and saturated colors that looks like a painting. I live me some topaz adjust
    Editor

Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    HDR Photo Camera has gotten better since the last update but I agree... they seem to lack that HDR pop.
    George Ponder