need for a good live tile from a sports scores app

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the ESPN apps (scorecenter and the nokia ESPN app) only show 1 score at a time, at best. I also could only get it to show a score from 1 specific game at a time for only 1 of "my teams"

I would like to have a live tile on my start screen that updates/shows current live scores from games across many different sports (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...)

it seems like a simple scoreboard app would be an easy idea for developers. but I am unable to find such an app.

I know there are various apps that allow you to pin current games to your start screen, but I want to remove the need to have to go find a game and then pin it. I would like to designate 1 live tile that will display the games for me.

please help if you know of an app that can satisfy my needs/wants. although I have tried seemingly every app on the app store :( thanks!

onlineharvest

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the ESPN apps (scorecenter and the nokia ESPN app) only show 1 score at a time, at best. I also could only get it to show a score from 1 specific game at a time for only 1 of "my teams"

I would like to have a live tile on my start screen that updates/shows current live scores from games across many different sports (NBA, NFL, MLB, etc...)

it seems like a simple scoreboard app would be an easy idea for developers. but I am unable to find such an app.

I know there are various apps that allow you to pin current games to your start screen, but I want to remove the need to have to go find a game and then pin it. I would like to designate 1 live tile that will display the games for me.

please help if you know of an app that can satisfy my needs/wants. although I have tried seemingly every app on the app store :( thanks!

I have not seen these features with an app that covers a group of sports, but I have seen this with apps that track individual sports/leagues. For instance, saw one that covers Liga soccer league. Has updating live tiles and toast notifications of goals, etc. I saw others for individual sports as well, NHL for instance.

Try taking a look at the individual sport apps if there are a couple that you are heavily interested in. Until one of the larger players comes out with a better user experience...

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
the only individual sport apps I've seen so far require you to pin the games you want to see sadly. But hopefully like you said, someone big makes a solid app soon

Travis Cherry

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
The problem with a score tile is that you're not allowed to continually refresh the tile in real time. Push notifications would have to be utilized via dedicated servers. Without it, your scores become old and out dated. The best you could probably do would be to create a tile that would go straight to a scores page. In addition, your app has to get the data from somewhere... sport scores are typically delivered to developers for a "Premium" membership fee via api calls and then limited on top of that to how many times we can call them. Add in licensing issues with individual teams, and you risk a lot of development time/money for little return.

The idea of the tile is great, but it needs to be delivered by a big player like ESPN/ABC/CBS/FOX who have the ability to do it right...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3