Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By jlynnm350z

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    http://www.devasque.com/noled/index.php

Check this app out and lets see if we can get them to port it over for us!!

Global Posts
    194 Global Posts
    Yes, we do. Hopefully a bunch of us can pester him with requests. It would be a very helpful app.

I've never used a notification center before. What are the benefits of it?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirodrit534 View Post
    I've never used a notification center before. What are the benefits of it?
    Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express
    This isn't a notification center its to let you know if you missed a call,email, or text but displaying an icon on the screen.

Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    ^Yup. That's what a notification center is. lol

Global Posts
    2,249 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mach1man View Post
    This isn't a notification center its to let you know if you missed a call,email, or text but displaying an icon on the screen.
    ...but you have that with the phone, email, text and me tiles
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

Global Posts
    127 Global Posts
    But this is all while the screen is off. You don't have to wake the phone to check if you've missed something

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    IMO, I see this as a battery killer as the screen must be on to show these and we all know that screen-on time is one of the largest factors in battery life.

Global Posts
    657 Global Posts
    But this is all while the screen is off. You don't have to wake the phone to check if you've missed something
    If these screen is off, how is it displaying anything? Oh, that's right, the screen is on to display the notifications...

Global Posts
    2,249 Global Posts
    you have all this on the lock screen though. I wake the phone up and see that I missed a call or have a message
    HTC Droid Incredible(2 replacements) --> Nokia Lumia 900(Briefly)/Apple iPhone 4s --> Nokia Lumia 920(3 replacements) --> BlackBerry Z10(2 replacements) --> HTC One(3 replacements) --> Samsung Galaxy S4(Briefly) --> iPhone 5 --> iPhone 6+

The idea with that app is that it's suitable for AMOLED displays.

Amoled uses no (very little) power when it's displaying black (that's why android themes moved to darker colors mainly) and if you are only drawing to some of the pixels, that means you are only using power for that pixels because there is no backlight and eveything else is black.

Obviously, this would not work as intended with LCD displays on L920s and 8X.

Global Posts
    273 Global Posts
    I have no problem seeing if I have a missed call or text. And its not a deal breaker to turn the phone on (wake it up) flick the little picture up, and look at my live tile. What do people want? To not even touch their phone or have it purely voice automated. "check missed calls" . . . Be bop bleep. . . "you have no missed phone messages. . . Be bop bleep. . . "you have no missed text messages". BECAUSE YOU SUCK AND HAVE NO FRIENDS.
    yellowbeer likes this.

Global Posts
    1,665 Global Posts
    I really think Windows dropped the ball on no Led notifications. Come on, this is 2013. Not the 1990s. Yes, this app would be great.

Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    It actually uses very little battery life. As someone pointed out its for AMOLED screens.

It actually would work great with the 920 screen with its pure black display.

Anyway keep dreaming. We need real multitasking for this and access to certain event which are restricted. So it's a no go.

Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FinancialP View Post
    It actually uses very little battery life. As someone pointed out its for AMOLED screens.

It actually would work great with the 920 screen with its pure black display.

Anyway keep dreaming. We need real multitasking for this and access to certain event which are restricted. So it's a no go.
    The screen on the 920 is actually LCD based. This wouldn't work very well.