Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By 11B1P

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    I know HTC has a custom app that is a digital clock live tile and I really like it but I have a 920. Are there any apps that are similar to this that I can download from the store for my 920, I can't seem to find any.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maple_leafs182 View Post
    I know HTC has a custom app that is a digital clock live tile and I really like it but I have a 920. Are there any apps that are similar to this that I can download from the store for my 920, I can't seem to find any.
    I wish :(

Global Posts
    117 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin792 View Post
    I wish :(
    Really...I am starting to regret going windows phone. There aren't any apps here and the one thing I really liked was the live tiles and there are very few apps that actually take advantage of it.

Only 3 years left on my contract...

Global Posts
    121 Global Posts
    If you have the charging stand it allows you to access an app called Weather and Calendar. I can't find a way to activate it other than NFC though. It displays clock weather and your next calendar appointment. Kinda dumb we can't access it other than NFC activation via the charging stand. Don't know if that helps....the wireless charging stand is awesome though...didn't realize how much I would use it until I got it.

Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Oh my gosh there are a ton of apps that make excellent use of the live tile. Ok, so no clock that I know of. But is that a deal breaker? I mean, not to be snarky, but watching a clock is like watching water boil. Take a look at TV Show, Weather Flow, APOD Viewer (and APOD Viewer Pro... both are free), and FFFFound as examples of apps with excellent live tiles.
    Thanked by:
    Flagz 

Hope this app can help you? Contract Alarm Pro

Global Posts
    40 Global Posts
    Clock Live Tiles require too frequent updates. Tiles are updated at most once an hour. There may be other ways to make it update more frequently but I bet that won't pass market place certification. Don't know if WP8 have changed that.

Global Posts
    1,244 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamfly555 View Post
    Clock Live Tiles require too frequent updates. Tiles are updated at most once an hour. There may be other ways to make it update more frequently but I bet that won't pass market place certification. Don't know if WP8 have changed that.
    yea its something Nokia would have to make.

I'm anxiously waiting for such an app.
    Come on NOKIAAAAA. I mean, did I have to get the 8S/X to get a clock widget?
    It's so unfair :(

Global Posts
    1,382 Global Posts
    I don't understand the need for a tile. You have a clock on the lock screen. If you have Glance enabled, you get the clock simply by waving your hand over the screen. Why does everyone one to bypass these clocks to look at a tile?

PM me for more details
    rcasey likes this.