- 01-07-2013, 12:35 AM #3
- 01-07-2013, 12:42 AM #4
If you have the charging stand it allows you to access an app called Weather and Calendar. I can't find a way to activate it other than NFC though. It displays clock weather and your next calendar appointment. Kinda dumb we can't access it other than NFC activation via the charging stand. Don't know if that helps....the wireless charging stand is awesome though...didn't realize how much I would use it until I got it.
- 01-08-2013, 02:05 AM #5
Oh my gosh there are a ton of apps that make excellent use of the live tile. Ok, so no clock that I know of. But is that a deal breaker? I mean, not to be snarky, but watching a clock is like watching water boil. Take a look at TV Show, Weather Flow, APOD Viewer (and APOD Viewer Pro... both are free), and FFFFound as examples of apps with excellent live tiles.
- 01-08-2013, 05:52 PM #7
Clock Live Tiles require too frequent updates. Tiles are updated at most once an hour. There may be other ways to make it update more frequently but I bet that won't pass market place certification. Don't know if WP8 have changed that.
- 09-25-2013, 03:23 AM #10
I don't understand the need for a tile. You have a clock on the lock screen. If you have Glance enabled, you get the clock simply by waving your hand over the screen. Why does everyone one to bypass these clocks to look at a tile?
- By bganesan in forum Windows Phone 8Replies: 1Last Post: 01-07-2013, 01:52 PM
- By species5618 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 10Last Post: 10-13-2011, 07:28 AM
- By jalb in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 07-10-2011, 04:57 AM
- By gibbyhome in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 0Last Post: 03-24-2011, 02:29 PM
- By jmerrey in forum Windows Phone 7Replies: 0Last Post: 01-20-2011, 09:01 AM