Instagram Rant

Izzyq8

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Before ditching my Galaxy nexus i did my research and knew there was no instagram and i thought i could live without it.
Call me shallow and no patience but i really need instagram.

I have made an agreement with myself. If the Samsung S4 is released and still no instagram for wp8 i will be ditching the platform.

I don't mean to start a war and right now i may sound childish but this is how i feel. For everyone that says instagram is rubbish...blah blah blah all that does not matter. The application whether you use it or not is top social media application used daily by everyone in my country and im sure world wide or else it would not have sold for a billion.

Microsoft/facebook/instagram give me this app and i will be loyal for years to come. the phone is far more perfect than iOS and android (despite its tiny quirks) but this one application is a make it or break it deal for me and im sure many others.

/rant

Chregu

Feb 14, 2012
Visit site
What I can tell you is, that I have read your thread. That's all I can do.

You could write Instagram, but they would tell you they do not plan to publish an app, you could write Microsoft, and they would tell you it's not in their hands, so most likely the Galaxy S4 will be pretty cool :)

Izzyq8

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
What I can tell you is, that I have read your thread. That's all I can do.

You could write Instagram, but they would tell you they do not plan to publish an app, you could write Microsoft, and they would tell you it's not in their hands, so most likely the Galaxy S4 will be pretty cool :)

first of all, you reading my post/rant is more than enough from your side so thank you :)

second, i wanted to write to them about it but i know its useless.

the S4 will be pretty cool but no where near as cool and efficient as my Nokia 920 ;)

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
awesome, another instagram thread. That's exactly what we needed. I'm sure this will have a lot of original input.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I think I'll reply to this thread, but not here. I'll be starting a new thread to reply to this thread. I'll post a link to the reply thread soon...but not in this thread. I'll post the link to the reply thread in another new thread I'll be starting soon.

havox22

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Try instacam, or another alternate app, you can at least keep up with your friends while not having the app, hopefully you will be able to post soon (From your wp8)

StaticMain

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Coming off an iPhone -- aka iPod Talk -- I just use that as an iPod Touch and get on IG whenever I have WiFi. I also throw my sim card in there when I run since it's more compact in comparison to my L920.

Can't speak for android phones though... I'm sure you can still use with WiFi though, no?

Edit: There are apps for viewing (and commenting?) on WP's too if you wanna check 24/7. Obviously not ideal for an IG enthusiast, but a sufficient workaround for the average user such as myself.

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
let me fast forward through this thread a bit

:OMG can you believe that instagram is not available on WP8
:OMG guyz, buying a phone for instagram is stooopid
:Some people like instagram
:So, they can use {insert other app that doesn't let you upload photos}
:You can't upload photos with that
:Oh, then they can use {insert other app that doesn't let you upload photos}
:hey genius, instagram doesn't allow 3rd party apps to post photos
: Oh... well instagram is stoopid
:Hey, why don't you just use {insert other app that doesn't let you upload photos}
etc...

snooze

jhguth

Sep 26, 2012
Visit site
dang, I forgot "try this entirely different community" in my normal response post

my apologies, this was a huge oversight.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Everytime I see this post and others like it I think of the college humor video about Nickleback and instagram.

Then I think how terrible Nickleback is, and how terrible instagram must be if it's getting knocked by such a terrible band.

Then the only comparison I can think of is it's like a r3tarded kid calling some other r3tarded kid a r3tard.

Then it just kinda makes me sad for kids these days.

Last edited:

krystea

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would come in here solely to cry about there being another IG thread when you could always just choose to ignore it. These are still started by people coming to the forums to voice their concerns with an app being unavailable to WP8 and that if it doesn't change, they'll leave. I'd imagine bashing them doesn't motivate them to stay with WP8 either... Hm. May not be a big deal to you (or me), but it is for other people. Don't be rude

ttsoldier

Retired Ambassador
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I don't understand why anyone would come in here solely to cry about there being another IG thread when you could always just choose to ignore it. These are still started by people coming to the forums to voice their concerns with an app being unavailable to WP8 and that if it doesn't change, they'll leave. I'd imagine bashing them doesn't motivate them to stay with WP8 either... Hm. May not be a big deal to you (or me), but it is for other people. Don't be rude

I don't mind people posting and having complaints. But please. Not the same topic that has been posted over and over and over and over.

There is a seach button. All they have to do is type "Instagram". BAM! All questions/complaints/concerns are now alleviated.

Beating-a-dead-horse.gif

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Before ditching my Galaxy nexus i did my research and knew there was no instagram and i thought i could live without it.

I have made an agreement with myself. If the Samsung S4 is released and still no instagram for wp8 i will be ditching the platform.

I don't mean to start a war and right now i may sound childish but this is how i feel. For everyone that says instagram is rubbish...blah blah blah all that does not matter. The application whether you use it or not is top social media application used daily by everyone in my country and im sure world wide or else it would not have sold for a billion.

Microsoft/facebook/instagram give me this app and i will be loyal for years to come. the phone is far more perfect than iOS and android (despite its tiny quirks) but this one application is a make it or break it deal for me and im sure many others.

/rant

Basically you're feeling left out because all your friends use Instagram and you aren't able to?

stephen_az

Banned
Aug 2, 2012
Visit site

/rant

I am sorry but you want the app. Unless it somehow provides you actual nourishment or keeps your heart beating you do not need it. If it is so vital that you feel you must have the app then get an iPhone or Android phone. I doubt you will see it on this platform any time soon. I must admit though that priorities would seem to be a bit skewed from my perspective if one app is a reason to ditch a platform but to each their own. It would also seem to have been a bit foolish to jump on the platform on the hope that an app no one (including the developer) claimed was forthcoming would magically arrive.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)