Workout (gym) tracking app?

profet

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Anyone find a good workout/gym tracking app for wp8?

I don't need a cardio/run/bike tracker (my garmin does just fine with that). I'm looking for something that I can use to track my reps, lift weight, and number of sets.

profet

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
So after attempting to use Gym Wolf last night at the gym, I have to say its a no go.

I got halfway through my workout and then went to enter in another set and bam... everything was gone. My entire workout history was lost.

It appears that there is no local data storage and everything is stored in the cloud. Which sucks if your gym has a little to no data connectivity.

The other issue is that the timer doesn't do anything if the screen is locked. Which is useless. The alarm proceeds to go off if you unlock the screen. But then why bother?

I use to use the jefit app for android. Hopefully something similar comes along for windows phone 8.

Jhzaeth

Jan 5, 2013
Visit site
So after attempting to use Gym Wolf last night at the gym, I have to say its a no go.

I got halfway through my workout and then went to enter in another set and bam... everything was gone. My entire workout history was lost.

It appears that there is no local data storage and everything is stored in the cloud. Which sucks if your gym has a little to no data connectivity.

The other issue is that the timer doesn't do anything if the screen is locked. Which is useless. The alarm proceeds to go off if you unlock the screen. But then why bother?

I use to use the jefit app for android. Hopefully something similar comes along for windows phone 8.

I second this. My whole workout was lost shortly after I completed it and locked my phone. I'm still looking for a better alternative.

J

berty6294

Oct 5, 2012
Visit site
Funny, my mom told me I should make an app like this! (I always ask her for ideas).

I think she found something, when I get home I'll ask her what she's using.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site

lol I was going to get it cause the app tile looked cool but nvm =/

erichunt

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
I used GymWolf too for a few weeks and just encountered too many issues to keep working with it. It looked promising.

Before I switched I used Fitocracy for tracking on my iPhone. They have a great community and a unique way of keeping you motivated to keep working out. As you can imagine they don't have a Windows App.... but their mobile site is actually quite usable. If your gym has a decent signal or free Wi-Fi, maybe check out Fitocracy. I have yet to find anything that comes close to the features, ease of use, coupled with web access.

Bekkenes

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I use fitness buddy.
I have honestly not tested it on WP8, but i use it alot on the iPhone (i had to have because of work).
Now im waiting for my 1020, so going to download it there.

Its also works great for my friends who don't lift that much as it has proper guides showing you how to do.
One of my favorite features is that it has a countdown so i know when its time to start up again.

Fitness Buddy | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb