I'm missing three apps

GSOgymrat

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Having settled into using my Nokia 920 I am mostly happy but there are three apps I really miss:

Spotify. Xbox Music isn't cutting it. I use playlists a lot and not being able to add songs to playlists on the phone and not being able to include songs not in Xbox Music's library is a bother. Spotify for Android is such an easier experience. Microsoft developers need to take a good look at the Spotify app and match their features if they want people to stay with Xbox Music.

United Airlines. I fly frequently and not being able to have my boarding pass on my phone is inconvenient. I watch people going through security with their phones while I wait in line at the ticket counter. Not happy.

Nook. Given Microsoft's investment in Barnes and Noble I don't understand why there is no Nook app and no word that one is in the works. I'm not going to read for hours on my phone but while I am sitting in a waiting area for 20 minutes it would be nice to read my book.

rockstarzzz

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Spotify - tried Nokia Music? - I am ok with Xbox music but people talk highly of Nokia Music and Deezer too.
Nook - Freda?
United Airlines - no idea! I want a NFC app for London Transport payments too! But we will get it with WP9 hopefully. It ain't far only 10 months ;)

vedichymn

Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
There's a Spotify app for Windows Phone 7.X, they just haven't updated it for 8.X yet. Otherwise, it's certainly worth bugging both United and B&N about Windows Phone versions. I work for a software company, and things get prioritized based on user feedback, so those things may help.

Shadai

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm completely with you about the lack of a Nook app. I'm still scratching my head about it. Don't you want to sell books? Don't you want your platform (nook) in as my places and as visible as possible?

When you factor all that in then additionally add the fact Microsoft owns part of that company, it just doesn't make a lick of sense. I've started writing them everyday just to be annoying at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven