Latitude attitude

Dell Latitude 7280 is a business laptop with tons of consumer attitude

4K all the way

You probably don't NEED a 4K webcam, but we love Logitech's BRIO 4K anyway

Long live Windows phone

Contrary to popular belief, Windows phone won't die anytime soon

XP-YESSSSSSS

Dell's already awesome XPS 15 gets even better in 2017

Surface Pwn 5

Surface Pro 5, Project NEON details leaked on LinkedIn?

Redefining the PC

Why Microsoft's Surface phone could be MUCH more than a mere 'phone'

Surface table meets Windows 10

Yes, we did put Windows 10 on the original Surface table ... and it rocks

Cream o' the crop

Before buying a Microsoft laptop, check out our pick for the absolute best

Simple and secure, just the way I like it

We think Windows 10 Cloud is a great idea, here's why

uber micro

Halo Wars 2 has something for everyone. Here's our full review.

Oldie but goldie

We reviewed Microsoft's decade-old Surface table

Creators Update comin' at ya

These are the coolest new features in the next big Xbox One update (video)

Buyer's guide

The Razer Blade 14 is the best laptop Razer has to offer

Windows 10 app gems

10 terrific Windows 10 apps you should be using

Tower of power

Here's what we think of Dell's XPS Tower Special Edition

Quite a deal

Grab the complete C# coding bootcamp for $41!

Your go-to laptop guide

Introducing our ultimate laptop buyer's guide

Listen here

Attn Android and iPhone users: What you need to know about Windows phone

Old is new?

The original Surface Pro still holds its own in the 2-in-1 world

Xbox Greenlight?

No, internet, Microsoft isn't opening Xbox to all UWP games

< >
Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 24 of 24
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By ttsoldier
  • 1 Post By aaa6112
  • 1 Post By aaa6112
  1. EBynum's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #1  
    I've been using MeTweets and really like it, but after reading about Mehdoh's new update, that app looks pretty good too. There's no free trial, but it's only $0.99, so I may splurge and give it a go anyway. Just curious to hear what you guys think. Which do you like better and why? What are the differences between the two apps? The features on both seem similar.
  2. WOAHesco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #2  
    I've tried them ALL. I still think Mehdoh is the absolute best. I use the list feature a lot and it supports customizing the home screen to add lists so i can just swipe right or left and all my lists and feeds are there. Also, they have instagram support so you can view pictures, like and comment (but not post of course).
  3. ttsoldier's Avatar
    Retired Ambassador

    Posts
    4,160 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,833 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #3  
    I think you should use the one that you like and the one that works for you.
    WOAHesco likes this.
  4. craigy18181's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    51 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #4  
    I use Rowi and like that. I have meTweets as well but find myself still using Rowi. Not bothered trying any other now.
  5. AmilM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #5  
    There are differences in this apps. MeTweets is the only Tweet client, but Mehdoh is Instagram+SoundCloud+Twitter client.
  6. david90531's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    1,045 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #6  
    My favourites are Gleek and Mehdoh, Gleek is more unique and fun, mehdoh is more simplistic and full featured
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Board Express
  7. Andrew Milne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #7  
    Am I doing something wrong because a few places say that Mehdoh and Gleek allow you to view conversations, but that doesnt seem to be the case? On Gleek I can view a conversation I have been a part of but I want to be able to view a conversation the same way you can on the twitter website. That way, if someone asks a question, I can see whether or not its been answered by anyone, not just me. TweetPhone+ is the only twitter app I have found where I can do this, but that doesnt keep a marker of the last tweet you read. Pretty frustrating. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an app out there that does this?
  8. tacofiend's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    12 Posts
    Global Posts
    22 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #8  
    Started using MeTweets about a week ago and I really like it, I might still buy Mehdoh though because it looks slick and I like the conversation view. Only problem is until it gets an update I'm still stuck using the Twitter app, since MeTweets crashes whenever I try to tweet and hangs when I hit refresh. I've tried reinstalling it a few times to no avail.
  9. WOAHesco's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    45 Posts
    Global Posts
    46 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Am I doing something wrong because a few places say that Mehdoh and Gleek allow you to view conversations, but that doesnt seem to be the case? On Gleek I can view a conversation I have been a part of but I want to be able to view a conversation the same way you can on the twitter website. That way, if someone asks a question, I can see whether or not its been answered by anyone, not just me. TweetPhone+ is the only twitter app I have found where I can do this, but that doesnt keep a marker of the last tweet you read. Pretty frustrating. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an app out there that does this?
    you can view conversations on Mehdoh. When you select a tweet it allows you to swipe to the right and see the conversation (if there is one).
  10. EBynum's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    265 Posts
    Global Posts
    282 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
       #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    I've tried them ALL. I still think Mehdoh is the absolute best. I use the list feature a lot and it supports customizing the home screen to add lists so i can just swipe right or left and all my lists and feeds are there. Also, they have instagram support so you can view pictures, like and comment (but not post of course).
    OK, I think you've just talked me into trying Mehdoh because you can swipe through your lists on the home screen. On MeTweets, you get a "Lists" heading on the home screen, with a list of your Twitter lists below it. You then have to click on the name of each list to view it. It sounds like Mehodh saves a step, since you can view each list on the home screen.
  11. AmilM's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    33 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Am I doing something wrong because a few places say that Mehdoh and Gleek allow you to view conversations, but that doesnt seem to be the case? On Gleek I can view a conversation I have been a part of but I want to be able to view a conversation the same way you can on the twitter website. That way, if someone asks a question, I can see whether or not its been answered by anyone, not just me. TweetPhone+ is the only twitter app I have found where I can do this, but that doesnt keep a marker of the last tweet you read. Pretty frustrating. Anyone know if I am doing something wrong, or if there is an app out there that does this?

    Tweet It can do this.
  12. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by WOAHesco View Post
    you can view conversations on Mehdoh. When you select a tweet it allows you to swipe to the right and see the conversation (if there is one).
    you can only view conversations in a limited sense. For instance, you cannot click on somebody's tweet (a question, say) and see all the replies it received. I've tried Cowlick, Rowi, Twitter, MeTweets and just bought Mehdoh and none of them do this. And this works online and on the Twitter for Android app.
  13. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa6112 View Post
    you can only view conversations in a limited sense. For instance, you cannot click on somebody's tweet (a question, say) and see all the replies it received. I've tried Cowlick, Rowi, Twitter, MeTweets and just bought Mehdoh and none of them do this. And this works online and on the Twitter for Android app.
    just received this reply from our very own Liquid Daffodil via Twitter:
    "We don't always have the same API exposed to use as Twitter uses themselves. Convos for yours, yes."
    meaning you can view conversations that you are part of. So, it looks like Twitter's APIs for WP8 dont expose this feature. :\
  14. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by AmilM View Post
    Tweet It can do this.
    If Twitter hasn't exposed this API to WP (confirmed by Liquid Daffodil and Mehdoh's dev), I doubt that Tweet It can do this.
  15. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by EBynum View Post
    OK, I think you've just talked me into trying Mehdoh because you can swipe through your lists on the home screen. On MeTweets, you get a "Lists" heading on the home screen, with a list of your Twitter lists below it. You then have to click on the name of each list to view it. It sounds like Mehodh saves a step, since you can view each list on the home screen.
    I just bought Mehdoh and yes, this seems to be the only major difference so far. But a difference that makes the experience more enjoyable. On MeTweets, I'd have to scroll to the lists column/page, select a list to view the tweets, and then click back to go back to the lists page. but in Mehdoh, I can add a particular list as a column so when I scroll to that page, I can see the tweets right there.
    Apart from this, both are really solid apps.
  16. Andrew Milne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa6112 View Post
    just received this reply from our very own Liquid Daffodil via Twitter:
    "We don't always have the same API exposed to use as Twitter uses themselves. Convos for yours, yes."
    meaning you can view conversations that you are part of. So, it looks like Twitter's APIs for WP8 dont expose this feature. :\
    Not sure thats true because on TweetPhone+ you can view conversations that you are not a part of, and you can on Tweet It too but neither of those seem to remember where you were last time you were reading your tweets. Seems that every twitter app has some features I like but all of them lack something I need.
  17. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Not sure thats true because on TweetPhone+ you can view conversations that you are not a part of, and you can on Tweet It too but neither of those seem to remember where you were last time you were reading your tweets. Seems that every twitter app has some features I like but all of them lack something I need.
    you're right, I just installed TweetPhone+ and it allowed me to see conversations of a tweet that I wasn't part of. However, I am pretty sure that is because that app uses an older version of Twitter API (it hasn't been updated in a long time). I say so because Mehdo dev had mentioned that this feature was removed from Twitter API v1.1, which is probably what all the recently updated Twitter apps use. I'll confirm with Liquid Daffodil and Mehdoh's dev over Twitter.
    Update: Apparently, this was never part of Twitter APIs (MeTweets dev confirmed). And apparently, TweetPhone+ is using some kind of workaround to get this working. The good news, though, is that the devs of Gleek, MeTweets and Mehdoh know about this (TweetPhone+getting it to work) and will definitely come up with a solution, if one exists....or hopefully a work-around at least.
    Last edited by aaa6112; 01-09-2013 at 05:25 AM.
    Andrew Milne likes this.
  18. Andrew Milne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by aaa6112 View Post
    you're right, I just installed TweetPhone+ and it allowed me to see conversations of a tweet that I wasn't part of. However, I am pretty sure that is because that app uses an older version of Twitter API (it hasn't been updated in a long time). I say so because Mehdo dev had mentioned that this feature was removed from Twitter API v1.1, which is probably what all the recently updated Twitter apps use. I'll confirm with Liquid Daffodil and Mehdoh's dev over Twitter.
    Update: Apparently, this was never part of Twitter APIs (MeTweets dev confirmed). And apparently, TweetPhone+ is using some kind of workaround to get this working. The good news, though, is that the devs of Gleek, MeTweets and Mehdoh know about this (TweetPhone+getting it to work) and will definitely come up with a solution, if one exists....or hopefully a work-around at least.
    Nice work! Hope they do manange to come up with something. The official twitter app doesn't even to it, and is quite frankly pretty poor
  19. E Lizzle's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    235 Posts
    Global Posts
    236 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Nice work! Hope they do manange to come up with something. The official twitter app doesn't even to it, and is quite frankly pretty poor
    The twitter integration built into the People hub does it also.

    -E
  20. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #20  
    Ok, here's the latest:
    1. Twitter removed conversation support for 3rd-party application developers from their API v1.1. So apps like Gleek, Rowi, cowlick, MeTweets, Mehdoh do not have access to these APIs.
    2. 3rd party app TweetPhone+ hasn't been updated in a very long time, which most likely indicates that it is using Twitter's v1.0 API which had this feature exposed, albeit hidden.
    3. Twitter is very likely going to stop providing support for its v1.0 APIs soon (in a month or two).
    4. The people hub does show replies to certain tweets. I noticed that it does not show all replies to all tweets (compared against TweetPhone+) but nevertheless it does show some replies. This is because the People Hub in WP8 is a partner app, not a 3rd party app.
    5. Twitter sucks for trying to run brilliant 3rd part devs out of business.
  21. Andrew Milne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by E Lizzle View Post
    The twitter integration built into the People hub does it also.

    -E
    Looks like it does but the integrated app is no good for me because it doesnt remember the last tweet I read so I can continue reading from there. Barely used twitter since switching from my iPhone to my Lumia 920 because of the apps not being able to do what I want them too. Perhaps twitter doesnt want me to use their service?
  22. weepatc's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    52 Posts
    Global Posts
    112 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    Looks like it does but the integrated app is no good for me because it doesnt remember the last tweet I read so I can continue reading from there. Barely used twitter since switching from my iPhone to my Lumia 920 because of the apps not being able to do what I want them too. Perhaps twitter doesnt want me to use their service?
    Twitter does want you to use their service. They just don't want you using it via 3rd party apps!
  23. Andrew Milne's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    31 Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by weepatc View Post
    Twitter does want you to use their service. They just don't want you using it via 3rd party apps!
    True, but then they should be the one developing a great app so there is no need for a 3rd party app. Their app is basic to say the least.
  24. aaa6112's Avatar
    Member

    Posts
    546 Posts
    Global Posts
    547 Global Posts
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Milne View Post
    True, but then they should be the one developing a great app so there is no need for a 3rd party app. Their app is basic to say the least.
    "Their app is basic" is putting it politely
    Andrew Milne likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Amazing Weather HD vs Weather Flow. Which is better?
    By Agent-P in forum Windows Phone Apps
    Replies: 65
    Last Post: 12-17-2014, 03:59 AM
  2. Nokia: Aluminium vs Plastic which is better overall
    By BIGPADDY in forum The "Off Topic" Lounge
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-04-2013, 05:53 PM
  3. Which is better??
    By kenzibit in forum Xbox Console Gaming
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2012, 09:07 PM
  4. Pre-Order vs. In-Store - which is better?
    By jgschwandtner in forum Nokia Lumia 900
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-29-2012, 11:01 PM
  5. Android OS Vs WP 7-Which is best for you?
    By Jenifer in forum Windows Phone 7
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 01-05-2011, 02:33 PM

Posting Permissions

";