Audible what a buggy mess (WP8)

tmservo

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
There are very few apps that I live by, but Audible is one of them. Audible for Windows Phone is a disaster of epic nature. I say this because there is so much about this that is better than the iPhone version, with one huge freaking drawback: if I'm listening over bluetooth, it will randomly pause (and is unable to start streaming again, I have to go play a music song, come back and restart), it loses connection after a phone call, and any phone call or text causes it to reset the chapter thought to chapter one.. oh, it keeps playing whatever chapter you are in, but pause/bookmarks/etc. are non-functional, and if you stop say the car and restart listening, you pickup.. in chapter 1 or wherever.

What an annoyance.

I'm keeping WP8, but I may need to put back my iPod touch into the car for this app (and music, I hate the fact that if I start a random mix of songs, it goes for a while, stop the car.. and I seemingly can't get back to it under any method, I end up having to start a new mix, as XBOX Music just shows last video I've played as paused, though the livetile shows song titles, and Nokia Music doesn't always go back to set

hipduf

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Couldn't agree more. Audible was probably the most used app on my old iPhone and is still on my 8X. But I'm seriously considering moving away from WP8 to Android just because the WP8 Audible app is so bad. Exactly the same problems you describe - I have so many bookmarks on my books to help me get back to the right place when the app forgets that I actually got an Achievement unlocked for bookmarks. WTF?

On the iPhone I could get into my car and it would just work.

I can't believe Audible hasn't fixed these yet because it takes about 5 minutes of use for the bugs to appear. Perhaps you and I are the only ones using the app, I don't know.

caz

doublebullout

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I have the exact same issues with the app on my 920. It's completely unreliable, so I just use my 3 year old iPod Nano to listen to Audible books. Ridiculous.

Sent from my The New iPad using Tapatalk

Fred Abdussalam

Mar 20, 2014
Visit site
I never really had any MAJOR complaints about the Audible app when I was using it on my old 920. Can't recall any problems with answering calls while listening, either, but that may be due to poor memory on my part. However, now I have a new, flashy, awesome Lumia 930, and I'm afraid the app has become all but unusable. The problem is I can no longer enter the playback-screen in the app. Whenever I push a title (book) that has already been downloaded, this results in the app closing. The title, however, does then appear in the play/volum-menu of WP8.1, and if I apply extreme measures of patience it does start playing after a few minutes, usually somewhere else than where I left off - which means I have to use the forward/rewind-buttons on WP to get to where I want to listen, as the playbar (the green bar where you can track your progress) also isn't available. I've therefore set the forward/rewind-buttons to the maximum 300 seconds, but it still is like I said practically unusable. I think I'll try to contact Audible about this issue...

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
This thread was started two years ago and the app is worse than ever.
I have the same issues .
I'm looking for an alternative to Audible but Amazon seem to have that market sewn up. I can't afford to buy from the publishers, and I have now come to the conclusion Jeff whats his name can't stand Microsoft as every single app Amazon make or in some instances don't make, lack most of the features that ios has ,or is filled with bugs and is nearly unusable.

Please complain to Audible , I am told on every occasion I complain that no one else is complaining and they're really sorry they were unaware of these issues. Although I now phone every month.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

ben55124

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
I concur, but still use Audible on WP8 for lack of other options and content lock-in. I wish MS could have included basic audio book support like they had on Zune devices, but they are moving away from OS media playback (hubs).

I avoid using Bluetooth playback with Audible due to issue with dropping playback position. If your car has a headset AUX input, use that -- a wiring mess, I know. I still have problems with phone calls stopping playback and having to relaunch audible app.

Amazon has likely suspended development for WP. WP is a fringe market that they would rather replace in the race for 3rd place mobile platform. Bummer they own audible.

10curtains

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I concur, but still use Audible on WP8 for lack of other options and content lock-in. I wish MS could have included basic audio book support like they had on Zune devices, but they are moving away from OS media playback (hubs).

I avoid using Bluetooth playback with Audible due to issue with dropping playback position. If your car has a headset AUX input, use that -- a wiring mess, I know. I still have problems with phone calls stopping playback and having to relaunch audible app.

Amazon has likely suspended development for WP. WP is a fringe market that they would rather replace in the race for 3rd place mobile platform. Bummer they own audible.

I'm the same. I'm locked in to audible as I listen while I work.
I did find I was better using the Bluetooth headphones, but I updated to cyan and no longer have Bluetooth.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss