Amazon Cloud Player App?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know if Amazon will release an Amazon Cloud Player (MP3) app for Windows Phone 8? That is one app I'm really hoping to see in the Marketplace soon. The app exists for iPhone and Android, so hopefully Windows Phone is next. They've made other Amazon apps for Windows Phone, so I'm hopeful they'll release the music app too.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Amazon on Facebook and got this reply:

"Thanks for the great feedback! I've sent this suggestion to our Amazon MP3 team for consideration. In the future, you can send your comments here directly: https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/cont...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUwpUvbUpU1853880"

I clicked on that link and submitted my request for an Amazon Cloud Player app. Please do the same if you want that app as badly as I do. Amazon usually listens to their customers and if enough of us clamor for the app, we should get it, hopefully.

Windows Phone Central guys, have you heard anything if one is in the works?

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone heard any new news/rumors about the Amazon Cloud Player app for Windows Phone? Per a WP Central story back in July, there was a job opening for someone to develop said app. That was about 6 months ago. How long do these things take? Impatiently waiting...

graysong773

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Amazon about this back in early January and got this as part of a reply:

"I realize how convenient it would be for all our customers if the Cloud Player App is made compatible with Windows Phone, but please understand that "Windows" has exclusive rights to the hardware and software that would make it possible for Amazon.com to provide Amazon Cloud Player App for these devices.
Because of these restrictions, we are unable to offer Cloud Player App on Windows device."

This makes it sound like Amazon is claiming they need some reserved APIs to make Cloud Player work. Given other music streaming is available for WP, I find it hard to believe that. I do find the lack of a "we're working on it" in the response to be a bit disheartening though.

Chris_Kez

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I contacted Amazon about this back in early January and got this as part of a reply:

"I realize how convenient it would be for all our customers if the Cloud Player App is made compatible with Windows Phone, but please understand that "Windows" has exclusive rights to the hardware and software that would make it possible for Amazon.com to provide Amazon Cloud Player App for these devices.
Because of these restrictions, we are unable to offer Cloud Player App on Windows device."

This makes it sound like Amazon is claiming they need some reserved APIs to make Cloud Player work. Given other music streaming is available for WP, I find it hard to believe that. I do find the lack of a "we're working on it" in the response to be a bit disheartening though.

I hope you replied with a polite version of "I call BS". I always press these corporate people for a follow-up when they make a dumb comment like that. I'm pretty sure "iPhone" has exclusive rights to the hardware and software that make it possible for iPhone users to use the Amazon MP3 app as I type this.

EBynum

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
I hope you replied with a polite version of "I call BS". I always press these corporate people for a follow-up when they make a dumb comment like that. I'm pretty sure "iPhone" has exclusive rights to the hardware and software that make it possible for iPhone users to use the Amazon MP3 app as I type this.

Yeah, sounds like BS to me too. We have other Amazon apps (Kindle, Amazon Mobile) on Windows Phone, so why not Cloud Player? I guess we'll just have to keep pestering them. Amazon is usually pretty good when it comes to listening to their customers. I still have hope that it will come eventually.
Paul Thurrott tweeted this earlier today: "Dear Amazon. Please support Instant Video and Amazon MP3/Cloud Player on both Windows 8/RT and Windows Phone. Thank you. Love, Paul."

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon