- 03-21-2013, 04:55 AM #5
No point creating a separate thread for my question, so I'll ask here.
I'm looking for a personal finance app to track my income/expenses/mortgage repayments. So far, I checked out Trial versions of Mobudget and Account Tracker. Both are quite nice, but both have their shortcomings...
Mobudget is not too friendly for multi-currency. While my earnings and expenses are in local currency (PLN), my mortgage is in a different one (Swiss Franc, if you're curious). To pay the monthly installment, I need to transfer cash from a PLN account to a CHF one. To reflect it properly, I need to enter 'Settings' and manually enter the proper exchange rate. A bit of a hassle (every month).
On the other hand, it is organised much better in Account Tracker - I can enter the amount in both currencies, and the app will calculate the exchange rate for this particular transaction. A perfect solution - quick and convenient. So, I would pick Account Tracker, but it seems to be limited in the expense categorisation - I could not find a way to create Sub-categories! Now, it is important, as I would like to (for example) group various Household costs under one category (Internet, water/electricity, rent, maintenance, etc.), but also be able to view the individual sub-categories...
EDIT: Oh, and I also checked out Money Wallet. It is kinda neat, but it seems to slow down (or even freeze) when doing the multi-currency things. For example, when I changed the base currency, the app froze. I had to lock the screen and unlock it to get the app running again.
As I don't live in the US, some apps like PageOnce (or Mint) are unavailable or not functional for me. Also, I'd like to buy the app just once, rather than pay for the service (like Toshi Pro).
Is there an app to suit my needs?
- 03-21-2013, 06:06 AM #7
I had a quick glimpse at Toshi (Web browser), but I don't like a few things about it:
- Can I even set up accounts, or is it just income vs expenses? I'd like to see my credit card balance, vs checking account, vs saving account, etc.
- Not sure about the tags - I think I am used to categories/subcategories. Otherwise, some expenses might be double-counted in the reporting (example: if I tag travel insurance as 'travel' and 'insurance', it would double-count in the reports, no?
- I dislike subscription-based services, I'd much rather get a pay-once-get-it-for-lifetime app wherever possible (using lastpass premium because there was no better alternative).
EDIT: Tested some more apps, but they were too simple (most had no accounts whatsoever): Toshl, Finance Helper, MyMoneybook, My Expenses. Money Wallet is really not responsive and tends to freeze. It might be just my device, but I won't use an unstable app unless there are better alternatives.
I am still left with two options: Account Tracker (the developer says they are not gonna implement sub-categories), and Mobudget (if only they handled non-standard currencies better!).
Last edited by MsbS; 03-21-2013 at 08:42 AM.
- 05-14-2013, 04:53 PM #10
Yes, I would vouch for Pageonce as best currently available. Did anyone else using their app get the message stating they are changing their name to Check, notice that the supported platforms are iOS, BlackBerry 10, and Android?
How on earth is market share an excuse when Blackberry 10 cannot possibly have more market share than Windows Phone at this point?
I just realized how old this thread is. Ill post this elsewhere. I'm curious how people feel about that.
- 09-23-2013, 04:11 PM #11
I love "Just Money". Easy to use, easy to understand, does what it should. I used Toshl but I found it annoying.Device: Nokia Lumia 920 (Black)
Network: Tele2 Sweden
- 02-26-2014, 11:24 PM #14
i think i found one.
Finance Helper | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (भारत)
Finance Helper app for Windows in the Windows Store
it actually does not sync. we can perform sync in form of backup and restore through skydrive.
02-26-2014, 11:34 PM #17
- 68 Posts
02-27-2014, 03:02 AM #19
- 132 Posts
08-13-2014, 07:33 AM #20
- 2 Posts
I need an app that can sync spendings on WP and Windows 8.1 computer, and also can convert currencies.
I will be using it to keep track of my daily expenses. Tried installing a couple of apps but I'm new to the WP world and it seems that I can't find the right one!
- By RonV42 in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 31Last Post: 08-29-2014, 03:07 PM
- By machuong in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 13Last Post: 02-14-2014, 03:06 AM
- By ctt1wbw in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 33Last Post: 01-13-2014, 05:24 AM
- By mikecardii in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 1Last Post: 09-28-2011, 04:03 PM
- By alenzini in forum Windows Phone AppsReplies: 2Last Post: 02-07-2011, 09:39 AM