Need Mp3 app to play files in Folder

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm looking for an app which lets me select the media folder. I want to place some mp3s from my pimsler language cd in a folder then play the files. I need to keep these out of the regular music app. On android I used mixzing. Anybody know if another app that can do this on wp8?

takisrock

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I have researched for this too. there is no way at this time to have this function.
the only thing that you can do, is to change the album title to whatever you like,.
And them simply you have your folders in albums, if you know what I mean..

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
Using play lists, I came up with a pretty good solution. I use windows media player to sync music so I added my audio folder to it's library.

I then made an auto play list called ALL Music and set some rules including "Album artist is Not ..." I did that for all my non-music audio files. So I can use that play list when ever I want to listen to music. I then made more auto play lists for each set of audio files with a rule like "Album title contains pimsleur" for example.

All this syncs to the phone so I can just click on what ever play list music or pimsleur, etc. This works fine but I'm still surprised there isn't another folder we can access called other audio or something so we could keep it totally separate from music. By the way, the podcast store on windows phone 8 seems really nice. I found lots of good audio shows to subscribe to.

Irmantas Kaukas

May 14, 2014
Visit site
You can use Pocket File Manager Its a file manager which has play folder feature. They did a workaround - files can be played from Local Storage or Pictures Folder :) For a while its very limited feature, sometimes doesnt read tags, names, cant manage playlists, use shuffle, search, and so on.. but its usable.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3