Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!

So I recently updated my computer to Windows 8, and installed the OneNote app from the Store. After doing this, I noticed that the Note I had pinned to my Lumia 920 had disappeared. After opening OneNote on my phone, I noticed that the whole Personal Notebook is gone. The only Notebook left is Tim's Notebook, which has Quick Notes in it, which is empty. All the notes I had made on my phone in the last 2 1/2 years are gone too. I can't find them on Skydrive or on the OneNote application. I really would like to get them back, does anyone know what might have happened to them? I appreciate any advice. Thanks
    Mod Emeritus

Global Posts
    5,304 Global Posts
    Did you remember to tap < NOTEBOOKS in the upper left to go back to your list of notebooks?

Yes, I'm sure I have gone back to the furthest out part of OneNote. It just disappeared. Is there a way to recover files from OneNote? They may have just been on the local storage of my phone. I'll try to get them that way I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim591 View Post
    So I recently updated my computer to Windows 8, and installed the OneNote app from the Store. After doing this, I noticed that the Note I had pinned to my Lumia 920 had disappeared. After opening OneNote on my phone, I noticed that the whole Personal Notebook is gone. The only Notebook left is Tim's Notebook, which has Quick Notes in it, which is empty. All the notes I had made on my phone in the last 2 1/2 years are gone too. I can't find them on Skydrive or on the OneNote application. I really would like to get them back, does anyone know what might have happened to them? I appreciate any advice. Thanks
    You may want to also check that you are using the correct account. You may have inadvertently created a new account or logged into a different one. Just a thought.
    Developer

Global Posts
    505 Global Posts
    This is something you most likly already know but you have to specify to save the onenote notebooks on skydrive from your desktop, if you didnt do that then they are stored locally on your PC
    If you are fans of OneNote or simply you use it a lot on your WP, you will find great this idea to improve the app. Can you vote it, please? You will help us to make possible this feature :) Pinned OneNote note tiles should be flip tiles and should display content on the back side – Feature Suggestions for Windows Phone