Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree26Likes

Global Posts
    575 Global Posts
    I don't know about you guys but I've been waiting for 2 years, and it's getting harder to keep this OS.

I've tried to stay true and rally behind the platform since day 1, but the lack of important apps (in today's context), the unreliable notifications, and sub-par multitasking..... the experience has become horrible to deal with, so I think I'll go over to Android when the S4 comes and hopefully come back when the OS is a lot more solid.
    therealper likes this.

There are some better options, particularly for a Facebook app. I was having problems with the MS app, so I switched to the Facebook + Pro by FlooNetwork, and I actually think the app is pretty good. It does a decent job of mimicking the desktop experience, has landscape mode, and the notifications seem to work well. There is a free version also, but after trying it and liking it for the most part, I decided to shell out the money to get rid of the ad and get the extra room on the screen. Facebook+ | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    My smartphone history.

Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    I have to agree with you guys! I dont want to give up on my Lumia 920, i love the device and i love the cam and the live titles, but sadly the notification is slow and sometimes it get wired. Like today in FB, i got a notification that is 2 days old, i was so confused, i checked my iPhone and then my FB on the PC and i had nothing. I knew its old because i read it.Coming from an iPhone and Andriod the apps in the WP store are not that good. Whatsapp, Facebook, no viber yet, no good games from Gameloft or Glu and no good applications. Yet, we always have to read the famous sentence in WP forums which is "Be patient and stay tuned". How long ill wait, it depends on MS. I know that Nokia is trying its best to stand up while water is beneath, but i hope it keeps its grip.

This is sad, i wish the notifications get better, the OS keeps updating and solve all issues we are facing, and the good apps come. I wish for MS to ditch the RT and just focus on WP8 and Windows 8.
    If you can only get to a single person or group @ MS who would actually read some of these common sense suggestions, like my bold 9000 Whatsapp works flawlessly lol

Global Posts
    613 Global Posts
    i just have to jump in here on this regarding notifications. and i apologize if it is mentioned further but after read the first page and a half and seeing the topic change a bit towards progamming for apps i just got to add my 2 cents..

i think most people are getting notifications confused with wp. everyone coming from android and apple are use to a notification center. wp has live tiles in whick for the most part the tile is your notification. however, that said... there is a delay in the tiles updating in a prompt and timely matter. ive seen it often and many of you have too. what wp needs and i think many are trying to refer to it a toast notification center. ive gottn a toast for espn and groupon, and unless you are on your phone, our close by when u hear it, once it slides off the top of the screen its gone forever.

(forgive my typing... i am using my verizon xoom tablet and i can not properly edit withe the google native browser. i hate this thing)
    a swipe to the right (screen left of start) would be a great place to list missed toasts in chonilogical order
    Last edited by jasqid; 01-29-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    Nobody at MS or Windows phone replies...I have mailed, tweeted number of times but nobody acknowledges your feedbacks.
    I had an issue with Nokia, mailed and tweeted them and I received a call from their customer support...now thats being professional, what I want is atleast an acknowledgement that we understand your problem and we working on it..

MS has always functioned this way...they take their customers for granted..

Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post
    Nobody at MS or Windows phone replies...I have mailed, tweeted number of times but nobody acknowledges your feedbacks.
    I had an issue with Nokia, mailed and tweeted them and I received a call from their customer support...now thats being professional, what I want is atleast an acknowledgement that we understand your problem and we working on it..

Give me one of the big companies that work differently...

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chetan_merchant View Post

We can do our part by all posting on their facebook page regarding notifications and Microsoft developed apps like Facebook, simply let them know there is a delay with notifications in Europe/UK once enough people post on their page and send them messages too maybe it'll get the ball rolling:

https://www.facebook.com/#!/windowsphoneuk?fref=ts (Make sure you "like" the page first as the post wont be seen otherwise)

@jasqid is correct. Windows Phone OS is a different beast. Its a glance and go type of thing. If you really need a notification, you can basically pin the apps that matter you most on your screen, that way you only see the important updates and not mind the others. Its actually even more effecient, than getting notifications to all apps, without priority for example.

Imagine if you only require facebook notification and that notification is bombarded with 20 different apps, its hard to dig. With Live tiles you just put what's important to you on the screen.

Now on a different note, windows phone hacker made an app for our notification last year but it was pulled.

Windows Phone Hacker demonstrates homebrew Notification Centre for Windows Phone 7.5/8 | WMPoweruser

I can imagine having that notification center tile as an alternative. Wat you say Zalid is entirely true; the most important notifications will be on the live tiles of your choosing. However, I can also imagine that seeing in a quick glance what notifications you got in a period of time would be handy too. Best of both worlds if you ask me :)
    Okay have posted on Windows phone UK timeline, lets see if they reply..

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    They're ignoring them for now, but if enough people begin to cause enough fuss i think we'll be able to get them to reply...

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    U know guys i was reading the post, thing is the lack of games and notification would really make us hate the device but for some reason im liking it more and more! since i was playing with my friend Samsung Note 2, i felt the OS so boring! swiping left and right and felt it dead! Though i hope MS listen to us and get all the fix!
    There is no doubt, the OS is good and has potential...

Issue is the pace at which it is evolving..

One year, three versions have been launched 7.5, 7.8 and 8.0...but the sad part is MS reiterates that it missed out on features like notification center because of lack of time...

Either they consider these features as unimportant or they are out of ideas to implement these features...

Because if they would have thought over these features and they had ran out of time...it was possible to release by now after release...

Global Posts
    3,470 Global Posts
    So swiping up and down makes you feel alive? Lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bilal_Fakih View Post
    U know guys i was reading the post, thing is the lack of games and notification would really make us hate the device but for some reason im liking it more and more! since i was playing with my friend Samsung Note 2, i felt the OS so boring! swiping left and right and felt it dead! Though i hope MS listen to us and get all the fix!
    Goodbye Dooley! You will NOT be missed!:@
    Bring back the WeeeeeBeeeeaaarrrr

Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    How lame r u! Yeah dead like u don't c live titles! Anyway,I'll not reach to ur level! Stay there and be silly! Get a life dude

Global Posts
    508 Global Posts
    Has anyone managed to get a response? I contacted Nokia through Facebook who replied back to me and said they will contact them on my behalf and try to get some sort of answer regarding the Facebook app. +1 to Nokia -1 to Microsoft as usual.

Global Posts
    1,310 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rockstarzzz View Post
    Whatsapp, Skype app, Facebook app and Twitter apps - don't use Me Tile. Me Tile is a limited integration baked in as you would know. Anyone who wants to do more than just respond a tweet or comment on a status needs apps with poor notifications.
    I can't speak for WP8, but WP7 was integrated with Facebook and Twitter. I would never need to go to the Facebook app and I never wanted to because Facebook apps, until recently, have sucked.As for as,notifications I don't remember. But I hate getting them anyway so it's a good thing if it doesn't work lol.

OK I know where the problem is. Problem with facebook app notifications. So I have notification only when some person wants to add me to his friends, but not when someone liked my photo. Why? Cause: untitled-1.jpg

And this part we can edit on facebook app on iOS or Android but no on WP8 app

I would like to note that FB on Android and iOS are made by Facebook. The ones that do exist on Android not made by FB, are pretty bad themselves and I see plenty of bad reviews for the FB app in general, even the one they made. Sorry getting side tracked, my point is that it is not Microsoft's fault that FB has not came out with an app for the Windows Phone.

So to make a long story short, this is the exact same thing we dealt with in regards to the first smart phones. When IPhone came out it has a pretty good app listing, but no where close to what we have today. When droid came out, everyone talked it down because their were not very many apps and compared it to the iPhone. Now look, Droid has over 700,000 apps! that is incredible and so will the Windows Phone. The adoption rate has been slow and many app designers have not seen a market yet, but I believe when droid users start to test these things out and relize how great they are, we will see many new apps coming to market.

Also Microsoft appears to have made it very easy to develop apps for the windows phone, even someone who has never done it before should be able to jump right in and create something pretty basic. Anyhow if you want your favorite apps on the Windows phone, hit up those company's and stop blaming Microsoft. If you compare Microsoft's solutions to its competitors, you will see Microsoft actually makes their applications much easier to access on other devices. Example: SkyDrive Microsoft's solution to cloud storage. This application is designed to work on Windows devices, Mac Devices and Droids. Microsoft does a lot to make sure their solutions work seamlessly with all other devices, we cannot say the same for others.

So if you have an issue with an app not being available on a specific device, contact the vendor and stop blaming Microsoft its getting old. OR how about everyone who likes to complain about not having specific apps, develop their own? You have access to the ADK..

Sorry about the rant, but someone had to say it.

-RD
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123