Windows 7.8 Ringtone Maker App?

Xander_X

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know why Nokia is blocking the two apps that were supposed to be made available to us with the 7.8 update? I really could care less about the Bluetooth file transfer app, but I really wanted the ringtone maker. What's up with that?

I did the force update 2 days ago btw.

Last edited:

Bastian Zeiger

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Same here. I was able to download the bluetooth file share but not the ringtone maker. Strange...anyone?

I have a Lumia 710 on Wind in Canada.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i got the ringtone maker when they released it a while back then promptly pulled it. It installed but didn't work until 7.8 was on the phone, works great now. Very simple and straight forward app.

Xander_X

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Yes, I've read that it was available at one time, a month or so ago when unlocked windows phones were starting to upgrade to 7.8. But Nokia has since blocked it by search and will not let you install it if gotten by scanning its QR code. I heard a rumor that confirms my thoughts on the matter ... That they're reworking it a bit in order for it to work with the newer firmware that came with the 7.8 download (newer than the earlier 7.8 update that allowed its use is what I mean of course).

Heres to hopeful thinking!

Xander_X

Feb 1, 2013
Visit site
Found a link to a working QR code for Nokia Ringtone Maker. Program works great! Just scan the QR with either AT&T Code scanner or in Bing Vision and your ready to go!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)