Free Battery App with no ads

Arthur Semenov

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,

I've developed an app to track battery usage, it is absolutely free and contains no ads. There is a "Buy" button and you can donate if you want :)

Features:
- three types of live tiles;
- detailed battery status on lock screen;
- rich battery usage chart (landscape mode supported);
- customizable theme color;

You can find it here: Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Any feature requests are welcome!

realwarder

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
The app just collects an anonymous (only phone model and OS version) statistics about downloads and sessions per day. =)
It uses flurry.com SDK

I can see why you might want to do it to know how many people are really using it, but I guess I'm just too principled.

I don't install half the apps in the store because of unnecessary permissions.

Thanks for the answer though!

Arthur Semenov

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm very sorry but it's impossible to implement this app for WP 7.5 and 7.8 due to API limitation, Microsoft just doesn't allow to read current battery level in 7.5 and 7.8 =(

heijenoort

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Great, thanks!

I find a minor issue ;)

148eng3.jpg

Any feature requests are welcome!

You could display nothing instead of 99 when battery is full. At the moment Battery Sense is the only battery app with this feature :)

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Tried your app.

On my Ativ S it caused the phone to no longer recognize when it was charging. The phone would still charge but no indication that it is. I had to uninstall it.

Arthur Semenov

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Tried your app.

On my Ativ S it caused the phone to no longer recognize when it was charging. The phone would still charge but no indication that it is. I had to uninstall it.

This situation is impossible!! An app cannot cause the phone to no longer recognize when it is charging. Do you really think that Microsoft's OS can have such security holes?

pillswoj

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
This situation is impossible!! An app cannot cause the phone to no longer recognize when it is charging. Do you really think that Microsoft's OS can have such security holes?

My apologies, before I installed your app when I plugged the phone in the battery icon changed to the one with the plug over it and it flashed. I install your app and a day later needed to charge the phone using car charge plugged the phone in and got nothing thought the charger was dead. When I got home I plugged it in same result, left it for 20 minutes and realized it was charging. Uninstalled your app and the icon went back to proper behaviour.

IT MUST HAVE BEEN A GIANT F-ING COINCIDENCE AND NOTHING TO DUE WITH YOUR APP.

I will be sure to avoid any apps written by you in the future if this is your attitude to bug reports.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3