Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
  1.    #1  
    Hi guys,

I've developed an app to track battery usage, it is absolutely free and contains no ads. There is a "Buy" button and you can donate if you want :)

Features:
    - three types of live tiles;
    - detailed battery status on lock screen;
    - rich battery usage chart (landscape mode supported);
    - customizable theme color;

You can find it here: Battery | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Any feature requests are welcome!

thank you very much!! Installed!!!
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by zokstar View Post
    thank you very much!! Installed!!!
    thank you! =)

Installed it! Thank you! I was looking for someone as awesome as you to do this :D
    Installed, and I love the lockscreen function. Awesome job.

Sooo... just why do you need Data Services and Phone Identity? Please tell me why Apps need more than they need.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    Sooo... just why do you need Data Services and Phone Identity? Please tell me why Apps need more than they need.
    The app just collects an anonymous (only phone model and OS version) statistics about downloads and sessions per day. =)
    It uses flurry.com SDK

Quote Originally Posted by Arthur Semenov View Post
    The app just collects an anonymous (only phone model and OS version) statistics about downloads and sessions per day. =)
    It uses flurry.com SDK
    I can see why you might want to do it to know how many people are really using it, but I guess I'm just too principled.

I don't install half the apps in the store because of unnecessary permissions.

Thanks for the answer though!
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by realwarder View Post
    I can see why you might want to do it to know how many people are really using it, but I guess I'm just too principled.

I don't install half the apps in the store because of unnecessary permissions.

Thanks for the answer though!
    No problem)

aww... it appears this is only for wp8 users. would it be possible for 7.8 users to have this app? :( pleease.

Yeah could you make this for windows phone 7 users and in the uk please? :)
  12.    #12  
    I'm very sorry but it's impossible to implement this app for WP 7.5 and 7.8 due to API limitation, Microsoft just doesn't allow to read current battery level in 7.5 and 7.8 =(

Ok, but thanks anyway!

If only 7.5 and 7.8 users could get this too. Thanks Microsoft
    Developer

Great, thanks!

I find a minor issue ;)

Any feature requests are welcome!
    You could display nothing instead of 99 when battery is full. At the moment Battery Sense is the only battery app with this feature :)
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    Tried your app.

On my Ativ S it caused the phone to no longer recognize when it was charging. The phone would still charge but no indication that it is. I had to uninstall it.
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by heijenoort View Post
    You could display nothing instead of 99 when battery is full. At the moment Battery Sense is the only battery app with this feature :)
    This will be done =)
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by pillswoj View Post
    Tried your app.

On my Ativ S it caused the phone to no longer recognize when it was charging. The phone would still charge but no indication that it is. I had to uninstall it.
    This situation is impossible!! An app cannot cause the phone to no longer recognize when it is charging. Do you really think that Microsoft's OS can have such security holes?
    Developer

This will be done =)
    Thanks! :)
    English is not my mother tongue, so I may have some issues on grammar or spelling or some other stuff. If you notice any mistakes, feel free to correct me!

Global Posts
    223 Global Posts
    This situation is impossible!! An app cannot cause the phone to no longer recognize when it is charging. Do you really think that Microsoft's OS can have such security holes?
    My apologies, before I installed your app when I plugged the phone in the battery icon changed to the one with the plug over it and it flashed. I install your app and a day later needed to charge the phone using car charge plugged the phone in and got nothing thought the charger was dead. When I got home I plugged it in same result, left it for 20 minutes and realized it was charging. Uninstalled your app and the icon went back to proper behaviour.

IT MUST HAVE BEEN A GIANT F-ING COINCIDENCE AND NOTHING TO DUE WITH YOUR APP.

I will be sure to avoid any apps written by you in the future if this is your attitude to bug reports.
  21.    #21  
    My apologies, before I installed your app when I plugged the phone in the battery icon changed to the one with the plug over it and it flashed. I install your app and a day later needed to charge the phone using car charge plugged the phone in and got nothing thought the charger was dead. When I got home I plugged it in same result, left it for 20 minutes and realized it was charging. Uninstalled your app and the icon went back to proper behaviour.

I will be sure to avoid any apps written by you in the future if this is your attitude to bug reports.
    I'm sorry but I would like to say again that it's impossible for ANY app (not only mine) from the marketplace to prevent you phone from recognizing that it is charging.
    I'm sorry again and don't know what's happened in your case but the previous sentence is just truth .
    Thanks

Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

I have this app installed and have not encountered a single problem with the phone's ability to charge.
    the app works great for me.
  23.    #23  
    Up!)

Love your app because it is definitely the best out there!
    Do you mind registering an URI for your app? ( it will only take 1 min to do so)
    If you already have one, can you please reply me? I wish to integrate your app with mine thats why.

Thankyou!

Great app...
    Can you edit some battery tiles?
    That we can choose from different designs...
    White battery looks boring...
    Maybe a circle or other nice stuff...
    And if u need translations please let me know :)

Sent from my GT-I8750 using Tapatalk
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast