ProShot camera app.

yeewiz

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
you're almost there.

When you tap the M, then also tap normal because we'll assume you just want to shoot one picture at a time. Then tap the check box in the lower right. You will then be ready to shoot a picture. Now, in the lower left is the shutter speed. Tap that to change the speed.

aaa6112

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Some photos from a recent county fair. Full res-photos here: Lumia 920 awesomeness - a set on Flickr

It had just gotten dark and the rides were beginning to light up :)
2013_06_15_20_16_21_ProShot (2)_edited.jpg

Natural motion blur, no processing needed :)
2013_06_15_20_51_27_ProShot_edited.jpg

That Ferris wheel is in motion! Love its colors.
2013_06_15_22_19_10_ProShot (2).jpg

Personally, not a 100% satisfied with the POV here. Hope to get some better looking shots next year :)
2013_06_15_22_30_41_ProShot_edited.jpg

I was quite far away from those rides and didn't think the small lens on the Lumia 920 would do a good job of capturing the distant objects, but thankfuly the Ferris wheel is so huge that it didn't matter. And oh, the moon looks awesome too. :)
2013_06_15_22_49_11_ProShot (2)_Fotor.jpg

mikeymcz

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
Nice pics !!!!
Curious about the one with the spider.

Did you take shots with Lumia 920?
Did you crop the picture?
Approx. how big was the spider ?

I'm asking because I posted a spider pic a few posts above you and the result is that the spider looks very small but I swear that if I went any closer to the spider with my mobile I would have almost touched the spider. :shocked:

Thanks for your feedback

Sorry for late answer...
- Yes, these pictures are taken with Lumia 920 and fantastic ProShot app. ;-)
- The picture was not edited at all.
- The spider was approx. 1 cm big.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
So sorry for the late responses! Been extremely busy with so much life stuff :confused:
I am so happy and impressed by all of your pictures and the community involvement. This thread is special, and I am glad to be a part of it. I am motivated more than ever to continue innovating in this space, and brining to you what I hope will become the ultimate camera app. Stay tuned, cause there is still much more to come.

Sometimes I face this bug,after I take a pic,it becomes complete white,even when I shot with auto settings,and one more problem is after I take pic the app becomes too slow....I'm using L620

You say it's white even with Auto settings? Did you accidentally set the exposure slider to +2? I've never received a complaint about Auto mode overexposing to white, just wondering what could be the cause. Also, how does the app become slow? Can't say I've seen any slow-down with any of my devices, even long photo shoots with the 520. There is a lag associated with saving the photo, but that's bug that I hope can be addressed by GDR2 (still waiting for that so I can test...).

Got the update. The new UI is cool and the new MF dial is way more easier to use !!
One minor thing though. Previously, if one was using MF, the UI would say 'manual focus' right in the middle of the screen. I kinda liked that :smile:. Anyone else miss that ?
Awesome job on the MF dial !

Hah, I may put it back...I felt like it may be a little too much text on the screen though. I'm trying to simplify as much as I can, while still being informative.

Same here with L620. Also i have a bug that sometimes after taking pics with Proshot, both Proshot and stock camera dont work and i need to reboot to fix it

If you take pictures with longer shutter speeds and overexpose too much, sometimes the camera hardware just crashes. This is a firmware bug, and unfortunately there is nothing I can do to fix it :/

just updated proshot...but after updating app keeps on crashing....it freeze after taking a close-up shot and manual focusing..

Does it show you any error messages, or does it just quit? Please try re-installing and see if that helps.

Really liking the new MF control.

Question on Burst- are resolutions still 1024x768 or 1280x720 depending on aspect ratio? Back in February there was mention of a possible API update that might improve burst resolution. Also, what- if any- is the actual impact of increasing the burst rate?

Yes, they still are lower-res. Relating to what was said a while ago about a possible API update, the only answer I've been given is "it's complicated". I will be exploring alternatives in the interim.

This bug only happens when i take photos with Proshot in slow shutter speed and not everytime. I dont have this when i take pics with stock camera so i am sure its a Proshot's bug. But its ok, its not like it happens everytime.

It could be because the stock camera never chooses exposure times longer than 1/2 second (just my experience, I could be wrong).

One thing I am curious about and that is with the image stabilization. With default camera app, you can wave camera back and forth with a ton of movement and take a picture in focus, when I try to do the same with ProShot, the pics are far from in focus. Not that one takes pics with moving their hands back and forth but they do come back vastly different, settings on both are all set to auto. ??

Image stabilization definitely works with ProShot. It is activated by half-pressing the camera button. If you shake the camera then half-press the shutter button, you will notice the viewfinder stabilizing.

ejb222

Apr 3, 2012
Visit site
Love developers who rub shoulders with their customers! Great Job by the way! I just started using your app this past weekend and I'm extremely excited to use it to it's full potential! Thanks!

Jerome van G

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
First of all, thanks riseupgames for this awesome app and dedicated support.

I was wondering why the info on the top of the screen isnt placed on the left of the screen.
Selecting a mode updates the top info line immediately but you cant see all the info cause its blocked by the mode selection menu.
Moving the top line to the left (bottom) side would make more sense especially in landscape mode.
Placing everything on the left would align things better also i guess, because the topline looks a bit unaligned/messy (in landscape).

Also not sure why shutterspeed isnt in the top info line. (ps: moving the shutter info al the way to the left side and top line info above it would be even nicer i guess.)

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
First of all, thanks riseupgames for this awesome app and dedicated support.

I was wondering why the info on the top of the screen isnt placed on the left of the screen.
Selecting a mode updates the top info line immediately but you cant see all the info cause its blocked by the mode selection menu.
Moving the top line to the left (bottom) side would make more sense especially in landscape mode.
Placing everything on the left would align things better also i guess, because the topline looks a bit unaligned/messy (in landscape).

Also not sure why shutterspeed isnt in the top info line. (ps: moving the shutter info al the way to the left side and top line info above it would be even nicer i guess.)

The info is aligned at the top in order to show relevant information to the user while requiring at little effort as possible. The distance from the center of the screen to the top (in landscape mode) is shorter than the distance from the center to the left side of the screen. This subtle adjustment goes a long way in ensuring the user's glance is engaged on the content of the screen, instead of off to the side.

As for the shutter speed list picker, I agree that there are better ways to handle it, and it's one of the things I hope to improve with v3.0.

Jerome van G

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
The info is aligned at the top in order to show relevant information to the user while requiring at little effort as possible. The distance from the center of the screen to the top (in landscape mode) is shorter than the distance from the center to the left side of the screen. This subtle adjustment goes a long way in ensuring the user's glance is engaged on the content of the screen, instead of off to the side.

As for the shutter speed list picker, I agree that there are better ways to handle it, and it's one of the things I hope to improve with v3.0.

ah ok, yes I guess that makes sense.
keep up the good work ;)

Hope you find some time to do the focus on tap location(screen zone) and high res photo gallery/view which are already in your list.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I was wondering what the issues are with the Samsung Firmware. I noticed the warning after the last update?

I added the message to make users aware of the incompatibility since many people didn't see note in ProShot's description, and were giving me 1-star reviews. Samsung (and Huawei) devices don't support manual focus nor setting the exposure time. Also some white balance options don't work. The hardware reports these options as 'working' but when we try and set those parameters, the camera crashes.

For those reasons I have to say that ProShot is incompatible with those devices :/

bigbizkit

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I really love the app. Best photo app so far on WP8.
I found only one drawback: there is no possibility to delete a picture within the app. To delete a photo I need to go to pictures hub.
Is there any chance to fix it ?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb