ProShot camera app.

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Do you have any before and after pics for comparison? Were you using the Infinity AF option? If anything, the pictures should be higher quality in this release. There are a few AF bugs still present (that I fixed in v2.8.5 that I just a few hours ago), but if you were having those bugs they'd definitely be noticeable.

Unfortunately I always deleted the low quality photos if I take more than 2 photos with same object
so I don't have it again :(
but I will try to get the picture again later coz the object not in my house

I don't use infinity AF, still don't get the Amber update for 720 :(

Check that your settings are correct for the type of shot you are taking. Also, check you are in 4.3 aspect and not 16.9
yeah I thought that too
I will check that thing again
but is 4:3 aspect better than 16:9?

Corepc

Mar 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank You RiseUpGames

v2.8.5
+ Fixed timelapse issue
+ Fixed heat issue on some devices :smile:
+ Fixed AF bug
+ removed Infinty AF from Lumia 920 because it does not work

vincent2167

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the new update !

That is a pitty that infinity focus doesn't work well on the 920 (FYI the same issue is there using Nokia Pro Cam..).

I noticed that the MF value is reset to 50 after (fully) closing and re-opening the application. Is there a possibility to save this value (I would suggest that feature for the custom C1/C2 mode) ?
This would be a workaround in order to replace the unusable infinity focus on the 920 and would allow to quickly open the app and snap a picture with the desired focus.

Even better than infinity focus, we would be allowed to manually set up and save the hyperfocal focus (hyperfocal provides more focus range than infinity; more info on this there : Using Hyperfocal Distance to Ensure Maximum Depth of Field in Landscape Photography )

On my 920, this sweet spot point seems to be around 85.
wp_ss_20130831_0002.jpg

On a different topic I have one very small comment regarding the image ratio, I really appreciate the Auto set up (brillant idea !). Sometimes I open the application (with this set up already enabled) and while the UI is in portrait mode, the image is 16:9. I have to pivot the device to landscape and back to portrait in order to get the proper 4:3 image ratio. (One way to easily reproduce that is taking a picture in landscape orientation, close the app, re-opening the app with the device in portrait orientation). Can this be fixed in a further release ?

wp_ss_20130831_0003.jpg

With the above changes (and the upcoming face detection feature which is in the pipeline), the application would be perfect ! :excited:

rubenwidjaja

Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
After update to v2.8.5
my problem with sharpness quality image already solve :)
no more that issue, thanks
maybe that's about AF bug

Now open apps more faster
Delay after taking photo comeback faster again
thanks for improvement :)

really waiting for next update but so far I already satisfied
and please don't leave support for low memory device(512MB)
thank you :)

barareklam

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames, thanks for the update. However Think one tiny bug managed to get in in latest release.
Exposure compenstation, which goes from -2 to +2 and is found low in the middle of the screen, get locked sometimes. When I am in manual mode it worked at first then then I changed some modes and now is locked, I can't change it while I am in M mode. If I choose C1 or C2 I can change it, but when I change mode to M, then it is locked at that last value I hade at C1 or C2.
Nokia Lumia 920 with GDR2 and amber.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
@RiseUpGames: Is it possible for you to do a UI refresh w/ big slider controls for adjustments (focus, EV, etc.)? Just a request...the app rocks anyways!

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
A study on how different shutter speeds look. Taken at 10am

2013_08_31_10_30_38_ProShot.jpg
iso 200, shutter speed 500

2013_08_31_10_30_13_ProShot.jpg
iso 200, shutter speed 2000

by the way, @riseupgames: There seems to be a bug in the most recent proshot update, when I click the preview button of proshot, the second to the most recent shot comes up, I have to swipe to the right to get look at the most recent shot. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this though

JasonKruys

Nov 23, 2012
Visit site
Awesome app. HTC have really dropped the ball on the 8x. Initially marketed as having a dedicated 'imagechip', there appears to be no way this dedicated chip can be leveraged by a third party, and HTC (unlike Nokia) can't be bothered to develop a photo app that does themselves. Aside from being able to take quicker photos from the default WP app, what benefit does this dedicated image chip give me? Nothing....so sad. Given access, I suspect you could do some really good stuff with this!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

sabbynair

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
Played around with extremely fast shutter speeds.
Shutter: 1/2000, ISO: 400 with flash
2013_09_01_21_24_16_ProShot.jpg2013_09_01_21_24_20_ProShot.jpg

N ya, i know, my tap has to be cleaned! :wink:

Attachments

• 2013_09_01_21_24_16_ProShot.jpg
    2013_09_01_21_24_16_ProShot.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 4

Horacio Giovine

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
Hi, i just registered to endorse this app, its awesome, and its making me love photography! i also wanted to tell you that i think theres a serious bug related to the time lapse feature, but i think is on Microsoft side, this link describes what im experiencing

Developer discovers storage bug when saving images to Windows Phones | Windows Phone Central

When im taking a time lapse, the pictures are saved to the SD card, but i run out of space on the phone anyway. i look and proshot is shown as taking up like 2gb of space on the phone, until i delete the pictures, of restart the phone, i don't know what did it. It looks like pictures are being saved as duplicates on the phone!
Could you please look into it? its impossible to take a time lapse of more than 800 images for me, as im using a Lumia 720 and i don't have much storage on my phone.
All in all, your app is great, and it makes my fellow iphone and android friends drool.
Peace and thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
Hello! Sorry I've been gone, was busy with the Nokia Future | Capture competition. What a week!

-------

Thanks for the new update !

That is a pitty that infinity focus doesn't work well on the 920 (FYI the same issue is there using Nokia Pro Cam..).

I noticed that the MF value is reset to 50 after (fully) closing and re-opening the application. Is there a possibility to save this value (I would suggest that feature for the custom C1/C2 mode) ?
This would be a workaround in order to replace the unusable infinity focus on the 920 and would allow to quickly open the app and snap a picture with the desired focus.

Even better than infinity focus, we would be allowed to manually set up and save the hyperfocal focus (hyperfocal provides more focus range than infinity; more info on this there : Using Hyperfocal Distance to Ensure Maximum Depth of Field in Landscape Photography )

On my 920, this sweet spot point seems to be around 85.

On a different topic I have one very small comment regarding the image ratio, I really appreciate the Auto set up (brillant idea !). Sometimes I open the application (with this set up already enabled) and while the UI is in portrait mode, the image is 16:9. I have to pivot the device to landscape and back to portrait in order to get the proper 4:3 image ratio. (One way to easily reproduce that is taking a picture in landscape orientation, close the app, re-opening the app with the device in portrait orientation). Can this be fixed in a further release ?

With the above changes (and the upcoming face detection feature which is in the pipeline), the application would be perfect ! :excited:

I'm a bit hesitant to allow camera modes to have separate focus mode settings (it doesn't work that way on most if not all cameras I've used). It's still an internal debate I am having ;)

Also, thank you for bringing the portrait orientation bug to my attention!

After update to v2.8.5
my problem with sharpness quality image already solve :)
no more that issue, thanks
maybe that's about AF bug

Now open apps more faster
Delay after taking photo comeback faster again
thanks for improvement :)

really waiting for next update but so far I already satisfied
and please don't leave support for low memory device(512MB)
thank you :)

I will always support 512 MB devices :)

@RiseUpGames, thanks for the update. However Think one tiny bug managed to get in in latest release.
Exposure compenstation, which goes from -2 to +2 and is found low in the middle of the screen, get locked sometimes. When I am in manual mode it worked at first then then I changed some modes and now is locked, I can't change it while I am in M mode. If I choose C1 or C2 I can change it, but when I change mode to M, then it is locked at that last value I hade at C1 or C2.
Nokia Lumia 920 with GDR2 and amber.

The EV slider will become disabled if both ISO and shutter speed are manually set. Since these cameras have fixed apertures, adjusting the EV slider will have no effect on the final image, so it is disabled. It didn't do that in older builds because it was something I forgot to check for, haha.

@RiseUpGames: Is it possible for you to do a UI refresh w/ big slider controls for adjustments (focus, EV, etc.)? Just a request...the app rocks anyways!

I'm not sure how much bigger I can make the focus dial, but I am definitely planning a UI refresh for v3.0 which should make changing items a lot faster and easier!

by the way, @riseupgames: There seems to be a bug in the most recent proshot update, when I click the preview button of proshot, the second to the most recent shot comes up, I have to swipe to the right to get look at the most recent shot. I don't know if I'm the only one experiencing this though

Hmm, I can't seem to recreate this it on my end. Is there anything you do before you take pic? Which phone are you using and which OS version? (GDR1 or GDR2).

Awesome app. HTC have really dropped the ball on the 8x. Initially marketed as having a dedicated 'imagechip', there appears to be no way this dedicated chip can be leveraged by a third party, and HTC (unlike Nokia) can't be bothered to develop a photo app that does themselves. Aside from being able to take quicker photos from the default WP app, what benefit does this dedicated image chip give me? Nothing....so sad. Given access, I suspect you could do some really good stuff with this!

Sent from my Windows Phone 8X by HTC using Tapatalk

I think the imaging chip just helps to process jpegs faster (it works in ProShot, too!). It is sad that we can't take more advantage of its power, we could probably get some pretty quick full-res burst modes out of it.

Infinity MF doesn't work properly here too (Lumia 820), but in Nokia Pro Cam works fine.

Darn, really? There is only one way in the WP API to set infinity AF, I'm surprised that it would work with one app and not another. I'm going to have to check that out

Hi, i just registered to endorse this app, its awesome, and its making me love photography! i also wanted to tell you that i think theres a serious bug related to the time lapse feature, but i think is on Microsoft side, this link describes what im experiencing

Developer discovers storage bug when saving images to Windows Phones | Windows Phone Central

When im taking a time lapse, the pictures are saved to the SD card, but i run out of space on the phone anyway. i look and proshot is shown as taking up like 2gb of space on the phone, until i delete the pictures, of restart the phone, i don't know what did it. It looks like pictures are being saved as duplicates on the phone!
Could you please look into it? its impossible to take a time lapse of more than 800 images for me, as im using a Lumia 720 and i don't have much storage on my phone.
All in all, your app is great, and it makes my fellow iphone and android friends drool.
Peace and thanks

Glad to hear you're enjoying ProShot! :)
Yes, this is a bug on Microsoft's side. I believe this has been fixed with GDR2 (have yet to confirm however). ProShot does clean up the temp files when the app is exited.

-----

Phew! Ok, back to work I go. I'm really excited for what's coming... :smile:

cuzincurly

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, I can't seem to recreate this it on my end. Is there anything you do before you take pic? Which phone are you using and which OS version? (GDR1 or GDR2).

It happens when I take a lot of shots with different settings. I'm using GDR2 on a NL920. I'll post screencaps when it happens again.

Thank you so much for your app which makes for an even camera experience (better than the Nokia ProCam)! :)..better than my old digital camera with optical zoom.

teng_m

Mar 16, 2013
Visit site
i just updated to GDR2 and was wondering if any of you guys cam choose proshot as the default camera app when pressing the camera button? my only choices here are the built-in, nokia proshot, and smart cam

thanks

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
i just updated to GDR2 and was wondering if any of you guys cam choose proshot as the default camera app when pressing the camera button? my only choices here are the built-in, nokia proshot, and smart cam

thanks

Unfortunately, it's not possible for 3rd party apps to do this yet. I get asked this so often, I made a petition. If you have a chance, I'd really appreciate your vote! Allow camera button to launch a Lens app

Smyrna5

Aug 15, 2013
Visit site
For dummies like me, I'd like to see an optional message on the opening or splash screen that reminds me to clean my lens. Since I keep my camera in my pocket, it always has fingerprints on it, and I sometimes don't remember to clean it when I see a great shot.

Super app, by the way. Keep up the good work.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs