ProShot camera app.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
I think ProShot has a lot to offer, beyond its ease of access. It's a tool that aids users in exploring the technical aspects of photography, wrapped in an unintimidating interface. Version 2.3 will bring a self-timer function (with multi-shot), as well as an intervalometer, and we still have a huuuge list of features we will be bringing in future updates. We are very much committed to making ProShot the best photography experience possible!

Keep the trial around until you feel comfortable making the leap. For all that there is and all that is coming, I'm sure you won't regret it :)

I'll probably end up buying it when I first run into a situation where I want to take a nice pic :)! One of the reasons I got this phone versus a lower end model was because it had a pretty nice camera to it.

I'm still getting used to the idea that I can listen internet radio outside on the go haha.

How does the app work for point+shoot photos on automatic mode? If it gets the same results as just using the default camera for "fully automatic" P+S pics then I'll probably want to just use ProShot only when I'm wanting to take a more set-up shot.

lfjj

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh.. amazon don't have that one with larger mount. and the shipping from wpcentral store is very costly to ship into singapore.. that's why i bought the tripod and mount separately from amazon with free shipping to a forwarder company and ship to singapore at much lower shipping rate.

Makes sense. I will order the iStabilizer Flex on Monday, can't wait!! :)

HartfordCT

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
After reading this thread and seeing the developer's involvement in the community, I have made the purchase for this app. I am a P&S guy, not a pro, but hey this app may just come in handy some day 😊

congusano

Nov 8, 2012
Visit site
It's a good app. It doesn't really improve the quality for most use, but it does allow more options for for longer exposure. If it adds and intervalometer and HDR it will get a lot more use from me.

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
How does the app work for point+shoot photos on automatic mode? If it gets the same results as just using the default camera for "fully automatic" P+S pics then I'll probably want to just use ProShot only when I'm wanting to take a more set-up shot.

There are differences between ProShot and Camera to take picture with Full Auto ?

Pictures taken from the default camera app and ProShot are of the same quality, but we are trying our best to make it even better. That's about all I can say for now, though ;)

It's a good app. It doesn't really improve the quality for most use, but it does allow more options for for longer exposure. If it adds and intervalometer and HDR it will get a lot more use from me.

Intervalometer coming in the next update! Although, we found a bug, immediately patched it, and the update got approved today, but for some reason it's now listed as a separate app in the marketplace and not as an update to ProShot. I'm trying to work out this issue with Microsoft developer support...

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20130222_0004.jpg

Hey everyone! ProShot v2.3 is now available for download! Please note: the intervalometer has a bug, and it may die after 50 or so shots. There's also a few tiny UI bugs that slipped through the cracks. An update is coming, but it may not go up til sometime next week :/ In any case, it's still a solid update since it now saves images almost instantly!

tonyluo2001

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
tried the app. the manual exposure and focus is quite handy. however, i'm not ready to use the phone on a tripod. i will probably buy it when it has more functions, esp. the hdr, which i will love to have.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
View attachment 29336

Hey everyone! ProShot v2.3 is now available for download! Please note: the intervalometer has a bug, and it may die after 50 or so shots. There's also a few tiny UI bugs that slipped through the cracks. An update is coming, but it may not go up til sometime next week :/ In any case, it's still a solid update since it now saves images almost instantly!

I found some bugs in self timer and time lapse mode, whenever I use the tap+hold action and let go of it, be it I'm taking a photo or not. during manual focus mode, it will lost the manual focus setting and even in auto focus as well.

pennzoilgtr

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
@penzoilgtr, Happy with your istabilizer and gorillapod ?

Yea, will be taking it out tomorrow to have some fun. I notice the head isn't firm enough, at certain angle it won't hold the phone unless i leave it at 90degree. could it be a defective unit that I bought ?

Last edited:

RiseUpGames

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I found some bugs in self timer and time lapse mode, whenever I use the tap+hold action and let go of it, be it I'm taking a photo or not. during manual focus mode, it will lost the manual focus setting and even in auto focus as well.

Thank you for the bug report! Darn I'm really sorry about that...I will have that fixed in the next update.

Kriminal

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Well, using it properly for the first time Today, to me it looks like it's taking a far more clearer/sharper picture on the Lumia 820.....so definitely worth the money, in my opinion. Here's a pic of my car that I took this afternoon - the trees in the background seem quite detailed, but would be interested in your opinions for losing the bit where the front arch seems to blend brightly with the bonnet/hood, if you know what I mean :

2013_02_23_15_46_00_ProShot20130223154903_zpsbaebadb0.jpg

iyae

Jan 1, 2013
Visit site
View attachment 29336

I've found a really annoying bug that has been happening ever since the update that introduced 2 and 4 second shutter speeds:

Whenever I take a picture, the "realtime" view reverts to updating at a frame rate of whatever the last shutter speed i selected was. So if i take a picture at 1/2sec, the "realtime" view displays everything at 2 fps, if i take a photo at 4sec shutter speed, the screen updates at 1/4fps until i select a faster shutter speed and then take another picture simply to "reset" what shouldnt need resetting. this makes for a ridiculously slow refresh rate in the realtime view and is really annoying; makes the app useless. Can you please look into this?

Im using a Lumia 920, and I have restarted the phone, uninstalled and reinstalled the app; the same issue continues to occur. I'm sure I cant be the only one that has experienced this.

KorJax

Feb 17, 2013
Visit site
Welp caved in and bought it. I really shouldn't be spending money at the moment but it was only $2 plus I know I'm getting my tax return soon :p

Looking forward to some awesome pics being taken.

ilpala

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Is manuale white balance not supposed to work with lumia 920? Cause with the trial version i tried to change it with no effects on the picture...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janecruise