Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 68 1234561151 ... LastLast
Like Tree1418Likes

I don't know how to put words to describe. this was taken in a very very dark room. everything is taken without flash using Spider Podium (sorta Tripod).

Default camera app, Auto ISO to 800, everything on Auto.
    wp_20130208_005.jpg

Default camera app, ISO set to 100, everything else on Auto.
    wp_20130208_006.jpg

ProShot camera app, Exposure timing 4secs, ISO set to 100, everything else on Auto.
    2013_02_08_13_17_58_proshot.jpg

Lowering the ISO (i.e. 100) produces images with less noise at the expense of requiring more light thru tweaks like a longer exposure time (i.e. 4 secs).

I think the ProShot app is very well designed - it's easy to use and most controls are easily accessible in 2 taps.
    Thanked by:

cant you do the something with ev set to say 1 1/2?

I would be interesting to see the above photos taken by free hand (not with any kind of tripod) ... :)

Potential fire hazard...
    Have you ever had a dream, Neo, that you were so sure was real? What if you were unable to wake from that dream? How would you know the difference between the dream world and the real world?

Quote Originally Posted by Shredcow View Post
    Lowering the ISO (i.e. 100) produces images with less noise at the expense of requiring more light thru tweaks like a longer exposure time (i.e. 4 secs).

I think the ProShot app is very well designed - it's easy to use and most controls are easily accessible in 2 taps.
    Yup, thus i purchase the app right away after i try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaripi View Post
    I would be interesting to see the above photos taken by free hand (not with any kind of tripod) ... :)
    tried that, and it's impossible due to its 4 sec shutter speed .. unless you can find some thing to rest your hand on it but it will produce very very blurry image. even very slight movement must be omit.

i will try some night shot later evening time .. currently it's UTC +8.00 over here. i will try to compare with stock app and proshot with mainly difference exposure timing and iso, and will not touch the ev for now :)

Quote Originally Posted by Huime View Post
    cant you do the something with ev set to say 1 1/2?
    there is only option like -2 ~ +2. i don't find any other options like that.

Quote Originally Posted by pen zoil View Post
    there is only option like -2 ~ +2. i don't find any other options like that.
    well not 1 1/2 thou, but by default it should have -2, -1 2/3, -1 1/3, -2/3, -1/3, 0, and increment of 1/3 until +2.
    I test a similar setup as your sample pic, set iso 100 and do a ev0 and ev +1 1/3, seems pretty much like what you get from the proshot.

ProShot is a great app, I love it too, but the output is not different from default camera, instead the interface is really brillant.

well not 1 1/2 thou, but by default it should have -2, -1 2/3, -1 1/3, -2/3, -1/3, 0, and increment of 1/3 until +2.
    I test a similar setup as your sample pic, set iso 100 and do a ev0 and ev +1 1/3, seems pretty much like what you get from the proshot.
    yup, with setting above get shots pretty close, but with longer exposure time bring more detail & cleaner shot too. i find that using 2 sec exposure time with iso 100 & ev 0 makes the shot looks sharp and clean in proshot, with 4 sec everything looks just too bright.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion1984 View Post
    ProShot is a great app, I love it too, but the output is not different from default camera, instead the interface is really brillant.
    you can focus lock, manual focus, and range of shutter control. that's a bang for buck for the ui & features that comes with it. this app just gave me more confident with my lumia 920 :)

Default camera app. everything on Auto.
    Attachment 28290

Proshot, iso 100, ev 0, 1 sec
    Attachment 28291

Proshot, iso 100, ev 0, 2 sec
    Attachment 28292

Proshot, iso 100, ev 0, 4 sec
    Attachment 28293

why not add a default cam with iso 100 too, and ev set to some what equivalent to 1,2,4sec

default app, iso 100
    wp_20130209_004.jpg

proshot, ev 0, 4sec
    2013_02_09_00_06_22_proshot.jpg
    Thanked by:
    djmuzi 

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pen zoil View Post
    default app, iso 100
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_20130209_004.jpg 
Views:	241 
Size:	901.7 KB 
ID:	28295

proshot, ev 0, 4sec
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2013_02_09_00_06_22_ProShot.jpg 
Views:	312 
Size:	916.4 KB 
ID:	28296
    Mother of god :buying that app now !

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    Mother of god :buying that app now !
    you can do that with ev settings, op is somehow not showing the real difference of the app. But I guess is worth the money if you are really into photography.
    Jaripi likes this.

The default app has enough settings to do the same, but if easier cool :) Support developers :D

Quote Originally Posted by anthonyng View Post
    The default app has enough settings to do the same, but if easier cool :) Support developers :D
    ya its quite possible, but the app is easier ^^ i just have to bring the exposure timing up to make better picture at night and able to produce light traces from busy night streets. diff is that image is tad sharper compared to playing with exposure value at the expense of using tripod.

you can do that with ev settings, op is somehow not showing the real difference of the app. But I guess is worth the money if you are really into photography.
    actually to be honest, im abit confused with the default app settings :) thats why im amazed with how easy to use and yet able to bring outstanding results with proshot ^^ personally im not really 100% into photography, just love mobile imaging :P my experience with camera is only until point&shoot and compact system.~

The function you are using is for taking long exposure pictures instead of extra light for dark enviroment. Which is why you need a tripod to take those pictures. Ev is for the purpose that combines slightly longer exposure plus digital enhance, doing the same job in a faster pace so that your image will not be distort by hand shake.

Global Posts
    203 Global Posts
    Honestly, I do not think it is possible to take photo with default app and have shutter speed 4 seconds. May be I do not know how to achieve that with default app so if someone know please advice me.
    Anyhow I took one picture with shutter speed 1 second, ISO 100, here is result.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

The function you are using is for taking long exposure pictures instead of extra light for dark enviroment. Which is why you need a tripod to take those pictures. Ev is for the purpose that combines slightly longer exposure plus digital enhance, doing the same job in a faster pace so that your image will not be distort by hand shake.
    got what ya mean, btw i just tried, ev 1 1/3,2/3 & 2 with iso 100 looks pretty close to using ev 0, 4 sec with iso 100 using proshot. maybe the longer exposure is use for combination of night scene + light traces effects when taken at night streets.

Quote Originally Posted by barareklam View Post
    Honestly, I do not think it is possible to take photo with default app and have shutter speed 4 seconds. May be I do not know how to achieve that with default app so if someone know please advice me.
    Anyhow I took one picture with shutter speed 1 second, ISO 100, here is result.
    that is why i bought this app ^^ anyway i just tried playing the ev setting in the default app and able to get similar night result, the difference is that i can't get effect like this in the pic due to its shorter exposure time of 1sec as compared to 4secs :)
Page 1 of 68 1234561151 ... LastLast