Welcome to the Windows Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree4Likes

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    I am very happy they released the Spotify app! So far it appears to be working perfectly. Now I have to decide whether I want to use Spotify or Xbox Music. Each has advantages and disadvantages for my given setup.

Spotify:
    + can be used on multiple platforms: Android, iOS, Windows Phone, Windows 7 & 8
    + simple PC desktop interface
    + can add songs to playlists on the phone
    + social integration with Facebook (not that I use it much)
    - cannot be used on Surface RT
    - no Xbox 360 app
    - no easy way to stream to home theater
    - interface is bland

Xbox Music:
    + integrated with Windows RT, Windows phone, Windows 8
    + easily streams to home theater through Xbox 360
    + Smart DJ on phone app
    + attractive interface
    - not compatible with Android or iOS
    - windows interface needs simplification
    - unable to manage playlists from phone

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I downloaded Spotify to my desktop & Windows 8 phone. Created a Playlist via my desktop app last night. All looked good. Went to the gym and opened up Spotify on my phone & went to my Playlist started the first song and that was all it played. For the life of me I couldn't get the Playlist to play. How do I get Spotifiy to play thru the Playlist? Obviously I'm doing something wrong.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts
    Is anyone else having battery drain issues after installing and using this app. I haven't had this issue since the Nokia Drive caused battery drain right after the 920 was released. MY phone normally lasts all day on one charge, but i just looked down and it's at 20%. I just installed and used Spotify this morning, it's the only change i've made.

Spotify isnt working as of todat, just staya at the track listing page. Was working fine yesterday.

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Do questions get answered here?

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nucmanchh View Post
    I downloaded Spotify to my desktop & Windows 8 phone. Created a Playlist via my desktop app last night. All looked good. Went to the gym and opened up Spotify on my phone & went to my Playlist started the first song and that was all it played. For the life of me I couldn't get the Playlist to play. How do I get Spotifiy to play thru the Playlist? Obviously I'm doing something wrong.
    I'm not having that problem. You do have Spotify Premium right?

Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Yes, Premium 30 day trial.

I'm having so much trouble finding a way to get a working Playlist on my Nokia 920 & was hoping Spotify's offline Playlist was the answer. ugh!

Beware, people: this version is seriously broken.

Previously I could use Spotify on my iPhone without racking up massive data bills - it wasn't unusual to spend the train home listening to stuff that wasn't cached.

Yesterday I had it running for a 90 minute drive home. The result: 1.2GB of data against my mobile plan.
    Not only that, but on the iPhone version it would download and cache any song you had starred after playing it. My 'Starred' playlist? Only a few songs actually cached.

Be very careful of this version, the 'beta' tag is well-deserved.

On another note, what's with Spotify being *yet another* music player that doesn't even have a shuffle feature/button!?
    Seriously, WTH is with this? Of every music player I've tried (about seven), only one has had a shuffle/random play button, and that's only in one obscure place.
    Also, how about some kind of indicator in lists of the track currently playing, and remembering where we were scrolled to in lists?

So many other small annoyances with the Spotify WP8 player, eg you can's swipe across tracks rapidly - you can't skip to a new track until after the next track has loaded/started playing.

Global Posts
    407 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tjsrowe View Post
    On another note, what's with Spotify being *yet another* music player that doesn't even have a shuffle feature/button!?
    Seriously, WTH is with this?
    In the WP8 Spotify app you can turn the shuffle and repeat features on and off by clicking "..." while you are listening to a song. I am not sure about the data usage because I have been listening over wifi.

Hmm anyone else stuck in offline mode on spotify for WP8? It was working a few days ago but it says it's offline and i can't search or do anything really. Web app works fine though

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    I like music. I'm not a music ***** but i like to listen to music. I don't like to download music or go on youtube to find tracks individually. I have the desktop free client for spotify. What I do is just go on radio and choose a genre that i want to listen and the music plays nonstop. I like random music.

I don't mind getting the premium if this feature is available on WP8? Is it or something similar where I can just hit shuffle and random music plays without me having to find songs one by one?

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Never mind. Realised it can't. just right clicked on about 500 songs and added to playlist on the desktop client. Will just shuffle that on my phone. It's not ideal, but it will work for now :)

Global Posts
    521 Global Posts
    I haven't gotten Spotify to work yet. At first it seemingly locked up while attempting to log-on and I had to uninstall and re-install to solve that. Now that I can log in I search a track, click on it and all I get is the dancing dots and again it seems to lock up. I do have a premium account too.

Global Posts
    2,906 Global Posts
    Works great for me.

Remember it still is in beta. So they will be working out bugs etc.
    Where does it put the songs that are available offline? I did not see them in the music folder.

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Piratelooksat40 View Post
    Where does it put the songs that are available offline? I did not see them in the music folder.
    The offline songs can only be played within the spotify app.
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D

Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    After using the app for well over a month, the bugs are becoming more and more of a nuisance. From...
    -The sudden stop of music
    -The inability to play offline music at times w/o restarting the app a few times or rebooting the phone
    -It's tendency to only search for songs and not artist or albums w/o pressing search again
    -The song disappearing from the volume playback controls after pausing(like within a minute), thus having to go back in the app and select the song, which in most cases doesn't work, resulting to having to play another song, then go back to your original song

and other things like
    -The inability to scrub music
    -No radio
    -Long load times between songs(even if the song was downloaded)
    -No gapless playback
    and others.

What worries me is that like the WP7 app, this app will never get updated. I would consider Xbox Music, but the lack of any W7 client, or client of any shape outside of W8 & WP8 a problem for me since I listen on my Lumia, my W7 desktop, and my iPad. Plus, Spotify's music library is larger and includes more music of genres I like(artists like Ben Frost, Madlib, Tim Hecker, & Savant).

Overall, I hope they update this app by the time my next subscription charges comes, or I'll have to drop the service for something that works better on the WP platform, like Rdio.
    WPCentral's Resident Elitist :D
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12